Bringing french football back to it's finest - A Les Phocéens story

Epsxe95

Reaction score

Breaking news at Marseille.

Olympique de Marseille manager Didier Deschamps has been sacked by the club chairman Vincent Labrune. The sacking came after Deschamps and Labrune didn’t reach a agreement on the clubs transfer budget. Assistaint manager Guy Stephan will take charge of the team until a new manager is announced.
The press is already lining up the candidates for the manager job.

Frederic Antonetti 6/4
Christian Gourcuff 10/4
Francis Gillot 20/4

New manager of Marseille announced

The chairman of Olympique de Marseille announced just hours after the sacking of their former manager Didier Deschamps that unknown manager Kristo Laur will take the position.

Reporter :
You have taken this position without being able to speak french.Wont it be tough to manage the side until you get the grips with the language?
Laur : I dont have any worries. Football is a universal language.

Reporter :
The facilities at the club are fantastic, are you excited to work in such an ervinonment?
Laur : I’m absolutely delighted with the facilities, but it’s no less that a excpected.

Reporter :
How involved to you intend to be in the day-to-day running of the club?
Laur : I’m going to reshape this club from top to bottom.

Those were Laur’s first words as Marseille's new manager.

Pre-Season review
Olympique_de_Marseille__Fixtures__Fixtures_.png

In the first 4 games of the pre-season, i only used reserve or youth players, in the last game against Libourne i put some main players in the squad. I realized it was a crappy idea when Valbuena and Andre Ayew got injured.
Then we took on Lille in the Champions Trophy, it was a quite horrific performance from our side.I had my doubts before the game when i saw that all the players morale were poor, very poor or abysmal.Luckly for my next game against Sochaux, all the main players should be back.