Bringing Rushden & Diamonds To the top

tounatony

Reaction score
Starting the Game as a Semi-professional, I applied at the job at Rushden & Diamonds Who seemed to look for a manager.

2 days later, The Chairman Keith Cousins Offered me a 3 years job at their Team, for a 4900 $ per month.
Since i am Unemployed, And the team is predicted by the media to be in the 10th place, I took the job.

My First Week In R & D.

transfer Budget : 15 000 $.
Wage Budget : 68 K/pm

Key Players

DR Curtis Osano
MC Rob wolleaston
MC Andrew Burgess

Players To change

ML Marcus Kelly
DC Chris Hope
DC Micheal Corcoran
SC Micael rankine

I will Start looking for New signing Ins. I really would like to have your opinion and ideas, as It will help me continue, Since this is my first attempt.

try lookin at some free signings possible yankov.

My R & D Team Looks So Bad. If i want to grab Promotion, This is certainly not the team i will see doing it.
I Need to buy a lot of players. I found many interesting ones. My problem is in my wage money. 65 K! My team is using most of it so i cant do anything.. I dont even have extra players. I can Have 7 subs at the MAXimum.

I need Money, so i will start thinking Friendlies! I have scheduled 10's of friendlies. I hope my team will have some energy left, But i need the money!..I really do!

Pre-season Has Finished

Saturday, 13th of july 2008

Sitting In my Desk, At the office in nene park, Northamptonshire.
From the Window in my office, I can overlook the Stadium. It is a sunny day, A time that can be used to reflection.

Yesterday was our last friendly game, and much has happened in the past month.
I had no experience in managing a football team, All i ever did was coaching my son's School team. It was a big step for me.

Somehow, It was a crazy Pre-season;
We won 3 games, we lost 2 games and we had a single Draw. That was a great result compared to the reason behind the friendlies, I said to myself. We played Championship teams and newly demoted Premiership.

Looking at the papers in front of me, i kept thinking that i had managed to come up with a good amount of money. with 350 000 $, I can now hit the transfer market In ease.

I had already Signed Johan Smith (U.S.A) for a free transfer, as well as Coke Andujar for 7000 $. they are both considered by my Assistant manager as Best players in the team.
Derby bought Jamie McGuiness From me, Adding to my transfer budget as well.

Now, Surfing my books for interesting players to watch, looking over the reports i had, I decided to check the fm-base forum and look for some interesting players there.

Looking to my formation, I Need a Striker, I need a Defender, And I need a Goalkeeper. In that order, I will buy my players.

I asked for a meeting with my board, and requested some Wage money, lucky me, I got a 14 k to add to my wage budget, and i went happily to choose my team for the Season.

Transfer budget : 251 K
Wage Budget remaining : 32 K

Last edited:
1-8-2008

passage from the Diary of Grondin Ludovic

The manager has called for a general Meeting for the team today; With the Staff, The players and his assistants.
It is 4:00 Pm, we gathered together in the hall of the nene park, waiting his arrival.
Too many new faces, Too many old faces! i've joined the team recently, at 15-7-2008..

There was some excitement going in the air when our new manager entered the room.

He sat on the table, and spoke to us, Saying what i remember exactly:
"From now on, R&D is no longer looking for Mid-table position; From now on, we are no longer in a position that allows us to speak of losing games! our sole aim is to win our games, and by that, win our league!".

Voices of approval coming from everywhere; As a goalkeeper, i knew it was going to be a hard task, but i loved his determination.

He introduced the new players:

Van Der Heidgen, Grondon, Jonathan, David Diez ,Jean-philipe javary, chaul, ablancourt, Marcos, Yohan, and Caracol.
He explained to us his tactics for the following season.

Our new Squad was the following:

Me, On The Goalkeeping.

Andujar (Dr)
Robinson (DL)
Diez (DC)
Ablancourt (DC)

Ven Der Heidjen (MR)
Johan Smith (ML)
Jonathan (MC)
Jean Philipe (AMC)

Yohan (ST)
Marcos(ST)

and the Subs were : Dale roberts, Curtis Osano , Burgess, Sam, Daryl Clare.

We left the hall talking to each other.. We had one thing in mind.. victory!

Monday 1st sept 2008

R & D On their way to victory
Report made by John Goshwa, BBC Sport news

In what is considered a remarkable first month of the season, the Rushden team has had a very nice start.
Winning 6 out of the 6 games he played, The newly formed team has proved himself being one of the serious teams heading for promotion.

In the first game of the season, R&D won over Eastbourne Boro 2-1. their next game against Ebbsfleet saw the home team winning 3-1. The surprise came in the 6-0 winning over Wrexham in a one sided game. Another win against Kettering 1-0, was followed by a 3-1 victory against Histon; The Rushden continued Their Winning streak, Winning over Kidderminster 2-1.

This high form was rewarded by the 1st position in the league, and Saw Ablancourt grabbing the player of the month award, Burgess Grabbing the goal of the month, and bader tony awarded the Manager of the month.

R & D are on the right steps if they want to get the promotion. with a good transfer budget that was left to january window, The team is certainly heading toward success!

PS : I am trying the change the way i deliver the news for you guys, Your opinions are highly appreciated! if you have any advices or tips.. Feel free to tell me, as i am new in this World of BLue square premier.

nice read! you're doing far better than I with a poorer team :mad:. Just check our others thread in LLM and you'll have ideas, or you can narrate it as a reporter, or a whatever crosses your mind!

nice read very enjoyable:D
im currently 5th in league 1 with my rushden team after 10 games:D
just wandering if you have had any offers for curtis osano?in my first season as rushden i had many league 2 and league 1 clubs offer about 100k for him but i kept hold of him and he is still my first choice right back in league 1 and he is playing really well and many championship clubs are interested so if you get any offers for him i would strongly reccomend you keep him:D