Bringing the Blades back to the Barclay's Premier League

Reaction score
175px-Sheffield_United_FC_logo.svg.png

Sheffield United F.C. are an English club currently playing in Npower League One. They were formed in 1889 and have struggled to consistently remain in the top flight over the past few decades, now slipping into the third tier of English football.

My aim is to take Sheffield into the top flight as quick as possible, ideally only having one transition season in the championship to build a stronger side. Also we may be in the same league as Sheffield Wednesday if they stay up and we are promoted so there should be a couple of Steel City derbies on the way.

article-0-022CB4C1000005DC-669_468x492.jpg

Targets

My aim this season is simply to get the club promoted by any means necessary, make a couple of strong signings despite having no transfer budget (I will be looking into free agents and loans) and to bring on some of the clubs young talents like Harry Maguire and Joe Ironside.

Pre-season

Sheffield Utd 3-1 Sheffield Utd Reserves
Haverfordwest 1-4
Sheffield Utd
Carmarthen 1-3 Sheffield Utd
Newtown 1-2 Sheffield Utd
Luton 0-0 Sheffield Utd

A decent start to the season, no defeats and plenty of goals. We appear to be looking strong going into the first game of the season, a Capital One Cup first round tie against Bradford.

Transfers

As we had no transfer budget, this season is dependent on free agents and loan signings. I think the key signings for us were Mikkel Anderson due to our lack of strength in goalkeepers. Salif Diao is another key signing and will be an important player in the centre of the park playiong as a ball-winning midfielder usually beside Kevin McDonald. I also decided to loan out Joe Ironside as I managed to bring in Piquionne and McManaman on loan to increase options at centre forward. Clint Hill will be an integral part of our defence as well providing a great option at centre-back and left back.