DanWalsallFC

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am managing Manchester City and I have won every trophy going, currently in my 7th season. I have spent a fortune but now I'd like to focus on bringing through some English talent, but in my whole time at the club we've brought through just one player and he wasn't good enough for a Champions League winning squad, and so was sold.

I'm looking to bring through world class players, how though? I have asked the board to improve the youth, which they have. I have brought in a few youth coaches. Is that all I can really do?

Anybody here managing a club where all they do is focus on bringing through youths?

Thanks.

Hi everyone, I am managing Manchester City and I have won every trophy going, currently in my 7th season. I have spent a fortune but now I'd like to focus on bringing through some English talent, but in my whole time at the club we've brought through just one player and he wasn't good enough for a Champions League winning squad, and so was sold.

I'm looking to bring through world class players, how though? I have asked the board to improve the youth, which they have. I have brought in a few youth coaches. Is that all I can really do?

Anybody here managing a club where all they do is focus on bringing through youths?

Thanks.

I always focus on youth if I'm a small club or a club that's got a great pool, but if I'm a huge clubs like Real Madrid I just think na I'll bring in some big name players :p

I've learned through experience is to ignore the star ratings. I look through everyone myslef, look for key attributes and try to develope them. I once had a 3 star regen striker as my first choice at Liverpool. He had a finishing of 6 but his Dribbling and Composure were 17 so he scored countless number of tap-ins (15-20 a season)

The personalities of the young players are extreamly important, nearly more important that their attributes. Good Detemination and WOrk rate mean they will develope very well in Training when given the right toutors. The Star ratings tend to increse as the players consistantly play well.