Nomadic

Reaction score
View attachment 38526

In line with the majority of the other users of this site, this is going to be my last save on FM18. I actually started it a little while ago and am really getting into so thought I would try my hand at a new story, where I can hopefully share my success... if not failures.

So as the title may subtly suggest, I'm going to attempt to conquer the Premier League and Europe with Bristol City. The only rule being that I can ONLY SIGN ENGLISH PLAYERS. Sounds a bit like a Nigel Farage wet dream I know.

So as I mentioned before I am just over a season into this save and thoroughly enjoying it, so here's a quick catch up...

I managed to clinch the Championship in my first season, pipping Wolves to the title by a single point! Unfortunately the other competitions didn't go so smoothly and we were dumped out of both the FA Cup and League Cup at the first hurdle.

View attachment 38525

In terms of transfers, I managed to sell off the majority of our foreign talent, whilst bringing in a few rather fresh faced English Lads. That being said I did secure the likes of Luke Garbutt and Sam Byram.

View attachment 38524

So now jumping forward to the current season, we have managed to build on last seasons successes and are looking rather settled in the Premier League (still very early days I know). We have also had a much better run in the League Cup, storming into the 4th Round following victories over Palace and Newcastle.

View attachment 38520
View attachment 38522

A much bigger budget and the appeal of Premier League football, helped attract a number of big summer signings including the likes of Loftus-Cheek, Berahino and Tommy Smith. I was rather surprised at how cheaply I managed to acquire some of these players (with the exception of Tommy Smith).

View attachment 38523

So after 3 transfer windows I have nearly managed to get my beloved 'pure' English squad, with the exception of my rogue Irish and Scottish wingers, whom will swiftly be shown the door once I can find some replacements.

View attachment 38515

From here the story will pick up in a lot more detail, but that's a quick overview of where I'm currently at in the save.

Hopefully you'll enjoy following as much as I am playing!

Great first season. I enjoy self imposed challenges like this. I hope it works out for you.

Good luck!
Fun fact: This is my favourite club.

Great first season. I enjoy self imposed challenges like this. I hope it works out for you.

Thanks man. Yeah, it adds an additional challenge to the game. Has made the scouting much easier, just focusing on England though haha

Good luck!
Fun fact: This is my favourite club.

Thanks! I used to live in Bristol and went to a few of the games, so have a bit of a soft spot for them.

Thanks man. Yeah, it adds an additional challenge to the game. Has made the scouting much easier, just focusing on England though haha

Thanks! I used to live in Bristol and went to a few of the games, so have a bit of a soft spot for them.
Where are you living in?