JakeBCFC

Reaction score
Breaking News- Bristol City name Jake Shutler as their new manager he has the task to live up to previous manager Keith Millen.​

1777001-vlarge.jpg

Here is Jake Shutler live in his interview from Ashton Gate

Are you pleased Steve Lansdown as chosen you for this job?

I am ecstatic that he has chosen me I am a big fan of the club and have played here for most of my carerer.

Are you going to add your own backroom staff?

I am delighted with the current set-up and cant wait to work with Steve Wigley.

Do you have an idea on who you are going to sign?

I have a couple of people in mind but some players may have to leave so the funds are there.

What do you expect to acheive this season?

I would love to gain promotion but we will be battling for play-offs I reckon as this league is the tough this year.

That's all​

Cheer's

10th July 2010

Bristol City announce the signing of Tom Cairney from Hull for a fee of £3m
12th July 2010
Bristol City have signed promiding striker Vaclav Kadlec for a fee of £1m
15th July 2010
Bristol City sell 5 players - David Clarkson - Loan to buy ( Motherwell )
- Ivan Sproule - £300k ( Leicester )
- Danny Haynes - £450k ( Scunthorpe )
- Jamal Campbell-Ryce - £200k ( Recreativo )
- Gavin Williams - £100k ( Preston )

" I don't wish to sell this many players but they weren'y in my First Team plans so I thought it would best for them to move on."
22nd July 2010
Joey Godee signs for Bristol City for a fee of £200k. The 21 year old is labelled the next John Ateyo so he has a lot to live up to.
4th August 2010
New Bristol City signings make their mark in pre season freindlies, Tom Cairney played in all 5 games and made 4 assists, Vaclav Kadlec also played in all 5 games finding himself on the score sheet 3 times. The newest of the signings Godee made a sustitute appearence, he got himself an assist and ended the match with a rating of 7.30.
5th August 2010
Bristol City ready for new campaign. They start there season at home to newly promoted Millwall. 18,500 fans are expected to see Jake Shutler's first competitive game in charge of Bristol City. Bristol City are favourites for the win but manager Jake Shutler knows it won't be easy.
7th August 2010
Starting XI to play Millwall

1. D. James
6. L. Carey
4. L. Fontain
5. S. Caulker
3. J. McAllister
7. M. Elliot
14. C. Skuse
8. T. Cairney
34. B. Pittman
9. J. Stead
11. V. Kadlec​

thats a good OP mate i'll follow your story do you wanna take a sneak peak at mine?

yeah ok

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Bristol City concede a late goal to lose at home to Millwall. Despite having a clear majority of possesion Bristol City couldn't find the net with 15 shots and 8 of those being on target you would of thought at least one of those would of gone in

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Bristol City edge Cheltenham on penalties in thrilling League cup encounter. The match ended all square with one a piece Kadlec scoring for the Reds. After extra time the score stayed the same. Penalties Cheltenham's Artus formerly at Bristol City stepped up first and he blazed it wide. Sam Vokes stepped up and buried the ball in the bottom corner. Thomas for Cheltenham. Diving save by Gerken. Cairney placed the ball on the spot and then placed the ball in the back of the net. Elliot of Cheltenham then put the ball in the stands. Up stepped Pittman. Composed himself and sent Bristol City through to the next round.
Another dissapointing display but it was a weakened Bristol City side.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:33 PM ----------

First Half of the season gone and Bristol City are currently sitting in 4th place in the Npower Championship. Top goalscorer- Kadlec - 12. Assists- Tom Cairney - 15.

images

Breaking News Shutler Tempted by vacant Aston Villa Job. Gerrard Houlier was sacked just yesterday and Villa are illedgedly looking at the Bristol City boss Jake Shutler are resources say he willl accept a contract offer if it was offered to him.
images

Shutler denies Aston Villa job. City chairman Steve Lansdown is delighted to say that manager Jake Shutler will stay at bthe club he has supported since the age of 4 as he signed a new 3 year deal.

Bristol City players playing their best. The new Bristol City signings at the start of the season are playing outstanding for the reds. Kadlec named Player Of The Month and Cairney named Young Player Of the Month for January.

Bristol City's Star Player returns to full fitness. Nicky Maynard made his first full month of apperances for Bristol City after being injured for 4 months with torn Knee ligaments. " I am delighted that we got him back we did so well with out him imagine what we could do with him" Shutler told Sky Sports News in his press conference

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

images

Bad Month for manager Shutler. Shutler is feeling the pressure for the first time in his managing carrer as he went a whole month without a win and only gaining one point against bottom side Norwich. Shutler's side have slipped down the table to 11 position but play-offs are still in his drasps as they are 4 points off.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:26 PM ----------

Shutler restores hope. After a month of disaster in Febuary Shutler turnes things around as his side is unbeaten 5 and now 2 points of play-offs. If things stay as they are a play-off place should be theirs.

End of April and City still in with a chance. Just 1 point of securing a play-off place Bristol City manager Jake Shutler asks his team for just one more performance to move them up to 5th and a chance of promotion.

Shutler Targets Spence and Macheda. Shutler has told the press his desire to capture young centre-back Jordan Spence and quality forward Federico Macheda on loan.

images

images

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

Bristol City edge Play-Off spot. Bristol City have earnt themselves a play-off spot after beating coventry 3-0 results went their way as Nottm Forest and Burnley failed to win by more than 3 goals this is exactly what the boss asked for and cant waitfor a trip to wembley.

PLAY-OFF SEMI FINAL 1ST LEG

ATTENDANCE- 19,500

BRISTOL CITY 1 -- 2 IPSWICH

KADLEC (27)

SCOTLAND (25), LEADBITTER (78)

MOTM- LEADBITTER
POSSESSION - 50% -- 50%

SHUTLER'S FEEDBACK:

A bad result for a pretty much even game we needed to take our chanes Maynrd 1on1 3 times missed them all not good enough especially at home we need to take the game to them in the next leg that is for sure.

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

Bristol City fans impatiant with Maynard they want the 20 goals he scored last season back in those 20 goals was this goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cCsfGkrqDQk

where has this Maynard gone maybe it was his injury at the start of the season. Maynard has scored 10 goals in 23 games in all competitions.

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

PAY-OFF SEMI FINAL 2ND LEG

ATTENDENCE- 30,036

IPSWICH (4) 2 -- 4 (5) BRISTOL CITY

SCOTLAND (34)(5)
KADLEC (23)
MAYNARD(15)(76)(90+2- pen)
POSSESSION- 48% -- 52%

SHUTLER'S FEEDBACK:

A GREAT COMEBACK FROM TWO DOWN EARLY IN THE MATCH TO END UP WINNING AND ALL THE PRESSURE ON MAYNARD PENALTY TO WIN IN THE LAST MINUTE UNBELIEVABLE THAT IS WHAT I WANTED

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

Bristol City win in Play-Off final at Wembley. Bristol City show class as they beat Cardiff 3-0. Kadlec's hatrick and Cairny's 2 assists sent Bristol City to dreamland the Premier League. 85,000 fans turned up for the big match at a packed wembley stadium.

images

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

images

Spence Signs 4 year contract at Ashton Gate. Spence has signed for Bristol City for a fee of £875,000. Spence joined from recently relegated West Ham and said he cant wait to work with manager Jake Shutler.

9k=

Macheda rejects loan move to Bristol City. Shutler told the press he was interested in Macheda in May and now the Transfer window is open he offered him a loan contract to the end of the season but that offer was rejected earlier this morning. It is now thought that boss Jake Shutler will be looking at Macheda's teamate Bebe.

images

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

9k=

Shutler deosn't want Bebe. We don't want to be loaning players we need to sign them so if we do go down we don't have to go and splash the cash on signings.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

images

4 new players join the Reds.
Julien Faubert joins for a fee of £1.5m, Lukas Hradecky £1m, Mohamed Zidan £700,000 and Bart Buysse £300,000. "All quality signings and improve our weaker parts of the team and for not much money spent i believe these are bargains" Shutler told us.