Bristol Rovers 3rd season LEAGUE 1 Help

HRD

Reaction score
Hi guys, Had successive promotions somehow i have no idea. but as you can imagine i am struggling, literally 8-9 games no points. any tips or players would be a amazing help!?!

A screenshot of your squad would be useful, then I can try recommend some players for your weaker positions.

Striker-wise, it all looks pretty good. Defensively it is a little worrying though. A player I found quite good for that level was Tyias Browning, trained him at left back and he became a very good player for me.

I'd also be slightly concerned that your first choice LM isn't really that good at the role, and you may be able to find better. I'd recommend either trying to loan someone from the various PL youth academies, or having a look at who was released in the summer, and is still out of contract.

When I load up my game later on, I'll try get you a couple more player names

Yeah that was what i was thinking, I tried Browning start of the season but he joined another league 1 club. Its really hard to find anyone who is as good or better with literally no wage budget but ill continue to look.

Yes please Mate that would be awesome.

Further to my previous post, first season in League 1, these were my transfers:

View attachment 293455

Of those, McGugan was my key player, a very sturdy player to have in the centre of the park. His set pieces saved me on a number of occasions well.

Other signings in league 1 in the next season included Zelalem, Etheridge, Sam Byrne (Loan from Everton - recommended - cheap), and Matthew Kennedy. Kennedy and Zelalem were key as well, Zelalem is still with me.

Worth pointing out that a decent Fa cup run did help the finances, I'd definitely recommend prioritizing that, if only for the financial aspect.