DeathRage

Reaction score
Great Britain Football League

So forget everything I've ever written on this thread, lol... I wasn't happy with the system I'd got so I figured I'd start from scratch. I activated 'Great Britain,' and am in the process of shifting everything from England, N.Ireland, Scotland and Wales to the new nation. I switched three of the Central Asian teams over to Europe to balance out the continental and international competitions...

It works... At least, the premier league I created works. Great Britain are a playable nation and the four home nations have disappeared from the database, which is exactly what I wanted to happen! 'Course, you can't select British as a nationality but that's just a minor, pretty irrelevant detail!

But now I know this works, there'll soon be a British Premier League, Championship, League's 1-4, Conference Premier, Championship, and Leagues 1&2. There will also be a 'lower,' unplayable division, hiding the rest of the clubs but allowing promotion/relegation between the two. I may, at some point, add a couple of other levels to give even more variation to the DB.

If anyone's interested I'll be adding a link over the next couple of days once V 1.0 is complete, and then we'll go from there!

'Course, if there are any teams you'd like to feature as playable in the DB who otherwise wouldn't be thanks to a lower reputation, then let me know before I post the link!

Last edited:
Where have you placed the top non-English sides in the pyramid? Should be interesting to see how quickly some of them can start challenging the big clubs, if they get to the Premiership and the big money...

sounds good but when i do ur link it doesn't load :(

Features every English, Scottish, Welsh & Northern Irish club, as well as those from Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, New Zealand, Canada & the Cook Islands (because why not?)

Is Gibraltar not included on it? It would be kind of funny to grab a team from the Rock and take it all the way to Premier League.

Also the clubs from Canada included there... are those from the Canadian league? Or the Canadian teams playing in the American league system?
Can non European teams play Champions or Europa League through your pyramid? Also how are they affected by the work permit law? Can a Canadian or a New Zelander move to a Scottish or English team as freelly as an English player would do?

Nice concept though, as soon as I lay my hands on FM 2k16 I'll be sure to give it a try.

I'll have a look at it, see if I can fix it over the next couple of days!

So let me get this straight.
Now it's a whole British system formed by the four countries of Great Britain, Great Britain will always appear as a country instead than only during the Olympic Games and you managed to erase the Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and replace them with former Soviet (currently Asian) countries like Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and the like without disrupting the balance on neither Europe nor Asia?

If that's the case, that's actually awesome. I would love to try that system, once it's finished give us a holler ^^

Theoretically, yes... However on testing I've discovered that greyed out players and regens are generally of British nationality, rather than their home nation... Trying to find a way around it.