British League System down to level 8

hero_swe

Reaction score
We have tested this database for 10 seasons on holiday with no major issues.

THE LEAGUE STRUCTURE
Insted of seperate League Systems i merged the english, northern irish, scottish and welsh system into one with 8 levels. Based upon the English League system with a couple of changes. A total of 72 scottish teams, 28 welsh teams (32 if you include Swansea, Cardiff, Wrexham and Newport) and 40 teams from Northern Ireland are added to the league system. The Premier League is intact with only english teams. Five scottish teams starts in the Championship including Celtic and Rangers. You'll find the first new teams from Northern Ireland and Wales in Conference National. Glentoran and Linfield from NI and Bangor City from Wales.

PREMIER LEAGUE (20)

CHAMPIONSHIP (24)

LEAGUE ONE (24)

LEAGUE TWO (24)

CONFERENCE NATIONAL (24)

CONFERENCE NORTH (22)--------------------------------------------CONFERENCE SOUTH (22)

PREMIER NORTH DIVISION (22)------------------------------------PREMIER CENTRAL DIVISION (22)------------------------------------PREMIER SOUTH DIVISION (22)

SCOTTISH LEAGUE (20)----------IRISH LEAGUE (20)---------WELSH LEAGUE(20)---------NORTH ENGLISH LEAGUE(20)---------CENTRAL ENGLISH LEAGUE (20)---------SOUTH ENGLISH LEAGUE (20)

THE DOMESTIC CUPS
The FA Cup, Community Shield, Johnstone's Paint Trophy and FA Trophy are all left in the database. Insted of the Carling Cup I've created 4 national Cups. That are running on the same dates as the original Caling Cup. The prize money for those tournaments are based on the Carling Cup prize money for 2010-2011 season. Berwick plays in the Scottish Cup and TNS plays in the Welsh Cup.

FA CUP (Include teams from england, northern ireland, scottland and wales)

COMMUNITY SHIELD (Premier League winner against FA Cup winner the previous season)

ENGLISH CUP (Only includes english teams)

NORTHERN IRISH CUP (Only includes irish teams)

SCOTTISH CUP (Only includes scottish teams)

WELSH CUP (Only include welsh teams)

JOHNSTONE'S PAINT TROPHY (Includes all the teams from the 3rd and 4th tier regardless their nationality)

FA PAINT TROPHY (Includes all the teams from the tier 5-8, regardless their nationality)

AWARDS
All awards are fixed with correct names and new awards are created for level 7 & 8.

ISSUES
The well-known issue with teams relegated to tier and not seem to put in the right division hase been a problem. First i tried to make each division flexible with 16-24 teams to make the national divisions seperate but it always balanced out to 20 teams no matter what. I have now put in the regional division for every single team and it works better than in the first edition. The scottish, irish and welsh leagues will stay pretty genuine. When I tested the db, those three national league sometimes got to many teams in that tier and a few teams were moved into the english leagues.

The first season a lot of the teams are playing in europe. The fixtures still works without any problems, the second season only four british teams qualify for CL and four for the EL.

A lot of clubs from northern ireland had a B-team. I've deletead all of them and added a reserve and u18 team insted.

If you'd find any new problems that we've missed, please post them.