Brobs17 Urbanz Tactic.... Carlsberg didn't make tactics....

Brobs17

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm going to get straight into business and to the point. I've created my first and only tactic for FM 11 as I believe it is the best of the best. It has been tried and tested with several teams from different leagues - from League 2 to Serie A.

The formation I have chosen for this tactic is my favoured formation of 4-3-3/4-5-1, with a DMC, two MC's and two wingers. Exactly how Mourinho's formation was at chelsea.

I wanted to create a tactic which was absolutely defensively sound, with little to no goals being conceded without taking away the attacking aspect of which many tactics put on here have. I wanted to create a tactic which allowed AI (computer) to have 0 shots, and if they were to have a shot, be it from long range with no chance of it going in. And I have achieved this. It is as resilient as Mourinho's Chelsea defence but as attacking at Barcelona's flair all mixed into one. If you do NOT like conceding goals then this tactic is for you.

This tactic dominates in possession, usually getting 60% plus.

So how have I set out the tactic to be so good?
I put weeks of time and effort perfecting a tactic with wingers with the formation I wanted to play. I wanted full matches watching the players and editing to perfection. I have a MASSIVE prefer-ability to a classic tactic which enables me to control the players precisely how I want them to and does not require any type of side-line shout to influence decisions of players as you would see in the new tactic base.

So why have I made decision I have within tactic itself?....
I believe the most clever part of my tactic is the full backs. I have told them to rarely make forward runs, however I have also put on Cross often from the byline. This enables the AI to generate my tactic and allow my fullbacks to surge forward and correct times when there is no danger.

The wingers have been told to man mark with no tight marking. This creates a 4-5-1 formation when defending whilst bringing in a 4-3-3 formation when attacking.. it was something I found difficult to crack but eventually I cracked it. They cross sometimes and through balls often, I found this enabled the wingers to put the ball across the 6 yard box. The wingers also cut in to create a 4-3-3 formation and there cross aim is towards a target man. There is no-one actually a target man, but I found this centred the ball when passing across the 6 yard box for a simple tap in.

The team instructions defensive line is set 3/4 way to push up. This mixed with zonal marking with no tight marking enable my centre backs and DMC's to dominate the areas and force the ball back into the opposition half. I found with tight man marking/zonal, the players often allowed the player to get past them and leave whatever was behind them exposed. Leaving it as Zonal/no tight marking allows the CB to dominate his area with him always winning the ball. The closing down is set up to whole pitch for these three positions to keep high pressure onto the ball. You may think that they will get caught in behind but this is why they are set to no forward run... the DMC and DCs are already prepared to run back and collect the ball. The tactic ensures the opposition striker never gets behind the CBs. The players in defensive positions are also set to challenge 'Hard' because the players always held off, even when high pressure was on but now this is set to hard, the players make a correct decision when to tackle and regain possession for the team.

The centre mids have 'little' creativity (1/4) of the way up which means the players will be more disciplined with their positioning whilst sometimes making forward run enabling them to dominate the midfield.

I have NO OI instructions as I wanted a tactic that was simple with zero hassle. Whilst creating the tactic the assistant did everything for me, however I do recommended the Wolfsberg team talks (think that's his name where you saying 'have faith' if they are 'playing ok' at half time)

This is a Plug and Play tactic, give the tactic 3-4 games for it to settle in with your players and you will see dividends in the goals scored/conceded. I have tried alot of tactics on here and I truly believe it is the best. Its defensively superb and attacking superb. To summarise I am currently on a 3 year unbeaten run with man city having bought 0 players and I have won everything in my path. The only goals you are likely to concede are from a wonder goal from long range or the AI scoring a corner which you can do nothing about but try to limit it. This is very very rare however as I have limited to the MAX. If you do concede and go 1-0 down stick with the tactic, don't change a thing because you will come back, I have no doubts.
Also if you do go down to 10 men, sub a centre mid off and bring on the player of which ever position they are in.
Sound too good to be true? Try it! Have fun with it guys!

Guys there are NO OI, I do NOT do any match preparation because I do not like my team being effected by outside circumstances and prefer my team to know the tactic inside out without consistent tweaking. My assistant controls team talks however, I will be going back to wolfsberg's team talks etc because I believe they are the best!

Last edited:
1. ALT+F9 the screen you want to screenshot.
2. Go to this website: www.imgur.com
3. Upload your pictures
4. Copy and paste the HTML for message boards
5. Your done :)
EDIT: The picture will be in mydocs/sportsinteractive/fm11/screenshots

Last edited:
sorry for interupt but I think with biggest team like City, you can do everything.
I'll keep my eyes with these because this good description but without any screenshots = BULLSH*T :p

Ah nice cheers mate i'll put some screen shots in then! I tried it with alot of teams, me and my mate play on this alot and he was struggling with his new promoted southampton team, I tried this tactic for him and the first two games I played with it beat arsenal 1-0 away and liverpool 6-0 at home.

Let me know how you get on szag, give it a few games in order to see best results!

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Guys Its not letting me go back very far via match reports so i'll put some recent results up and the league table in the current save! its not the same one as i mentioned in here as I am only in my second season........

Also the only reason I drew 4 games and conceded 16 goals was because I was tinkering with the tactic. Now its set and every game is a win. I have tried it with lower league teams for example Rochdale and won their league by 14 points. I do not have saves of these games however because I would have too many saves clogging up my system.

Last edited:
Liked the desciption and gonna try it directly with the mighty olympiacos' squad :)

Brobs what players are needed for the mc positions?I mean do i have to use attacking midfielders or players with more defensive stats?

Thanks in advance! :D

i´m tempted to try this one but i don´t have any wingers in my squad.

I left all matches to Assistant Manager....

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

how did u testd it? Did u actually played or did u left all to ur assman?

Edit-

Sorry, i didn´t saw the sentence above

I left all matches to Assistant Manager

Test.../The results are simulated/

Computer playing your games is very unreliable, for one he changes that tactic many times mid game even if you have ticked the box 'use current tactic' in the holiday box.

Anyway, download the updated one, it is the correct one, the previous one had a slight alteration that needed to be made.

What about match preparation?

I don't use any mate.

i tried it for 15 games with my brann in norwegian league...
first 2 games i won with amazing play but the 13 next was all big losses and draws ...

Computer playing your games is very unreliable, for one he changes that tactic many times mid game even if you have ticked the box 'use current tactic' in the holiday box.

Anyway, download the updated one, it is the correct one, the previous one had a slight alteration that needed to be made.

I don't use any mate.

what slight alteration is?

mate try the download and stick with it. After 3 games I gaurentee you your team will dominate the opposition everytime. I don't know why you guys are having troubles with it.. I have tried it on two new games with stoke and blackburn and both i'm top of league after half the season has gone. I have 11.2 update which maybe why it doesn't work for you. Try the alternated download.. it wasn't the right one.

---------- Post added at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

And do not stimulate results. This isn't a true reflection on the tactic, manually play the game but let the *** man do all the work with team talks etc.