Bruno Lage Inspired 442. Insane Results

SmoothJitsu

Reaction score
Hey Guys.

Like every year, the time the last updates come out is the time i really get into FM, i don't know if they make the game easier, even though it feels that way, but they certainly make the game more enjoyable.

Today i want to post a tactic i created for My Benfica team on my third season with the team, it's an Attacking 442 based on Bruno Lage's tactics since he took over the command of Benfica. Now this obviously isn't a 100% faithful recreation as i still want to win some **** matches but it's the closest i could get while getting good results.

I only tried it with Benfica and they are very Strong internally so how would this work for LLM/Lower rate teams i am not sure, but i have been scoring a ton a having fun watching my players play.

In the 3 season i have been managing Benfica i only bought 2 players (Onyekuru and Vallejo) as i have made my goal to have a team mostly made of Academy products. i also have a couple of regens that came from my academy as well

THE TACTIC:

View attachment 15733

As for set pieces i just leave the default setting, i honestly never touch Set pieces as i have no idea how to set them up haha.

For player attriibutes just make sure both your midfielders have good workrate, and that your AF is pacy. That's about it

I have a few player instructions

LB/RB - Shoot Less Often
LM - Shoot Less Often
BBM -Move into Channels and Tackle Harder
DLP - Take More Risks
F9 - Shoot Less Often, Roam From position, Move Into Channels

Results:

View attachment 15732 View attachment 15731

I am currently undefeated in this season apart from a 2-0 away loss at Barca where i used another tactic fearing this one would be too attacking, now as i stated before this is benfica a really strong team with insane kids who develop into world beaters so i can't tell you if this works because my players are really good or if its because the tactic is actually good.

STATS:

View attachment 15730

These are the basic stats for this season Joao Felix has been insane playing as a false 9 and Zivkovic has been even better as a WP, i used Pizzi as a WP for a few games but the he got injured so switched to Zivkovic so stronger foot preference does not seem to matter as whoever plays there usually plays well. Generally Both Goals and Assists come from a ton of different places anyway.

If you have any tweaks on this tactic feel free to post them as i don't consider myself a particularly good player so this can very well be improved.

You all have a great day.

Last edited:
Hey Guys.

Like every year, the time the last updates come out is the time i really get into FM, i don't know if they make the game easier, even though it feels that way, but they certainly make the game more enjoyable.

Today i want to post a tactic i created for My Benfica team on my third season with the team, it's an Attacking 442 based on Bruno Lage's tactics since he took over the command of Benfica. Now this obviously isn't a 100% faithful recreation as i still want to win some **** matches but it's the closest i could get while getting good results.

I only tried it with Benfica and they are very Strong internally so how would this work for LLM/Lower rate teams i am not sure, but i have been scoring a ton a having fun watching my players play.

In the 3 season i have been managing Benfica i only bought 2 players (Onyekuru and Vallejo) as i have made my goal to have a team mostly made of Academy products. i also have a couple of regens that came from my academy as well

THE TACTIC:

View attachment 1200460

As for set pieces i just leave the default setting, i honestly never touch Set pieces as i have no idea how to set them up haha.

For player attriibutes just make sure both your midfielders have good workrate, and that your AF is pacy. That's about it

I have a few player instructions

LB/RB - Shoot Less Often
LM - Shoot Less Often
BBM -Move into Channels and Tackle Harder
DLP - Take More Risks
F9 - Shoot Less Often, Roam From position, Move Into Channels

Results:

View attachment 1200461 View attachment 1200462

I am currently undefeated in this season apart from a 2-0 away loss at Barca where i used another tactic fearing this one would be too attacking, now as i stated before this is benfica a really strong team with insane kids who develop into world beaters so i can't tell you if this works because my players are really good or if its because the tactic is actually good.

STATS:

View attachment 1200463

These are the basic stats for this season Joao Felix has been insane playing as a false 9 and Zivkovic has been even better as a WP, i used Pizzi as a WP for a few games but the he got injured so switched to Zivkovic so stronger foot preference does not seem to matter as whoever plays there usually plays well. Generally Both Goals and Assists come from a ton of different places anyway.

If you have any tweaks on this tactic feel free to post them as i don't consider myself a particularly good player so this can very well be improved.

You all have a great day.

any OI?

the tactic to download is different from that of the image. Which is the good?

Maybe you can move AF to STC and F9 to STR. Change positions of DLP and BBM. IW support to IW attack.

--------------AF--F9---
IW(A)--DLP--BBM--WP

It gives you 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 at the same time.

this tactic really work?
There are approximately 986,785,67,498 tactics on these forums that work for big clubs (Including Benfica). Finishing 2nd or 3rd doesn't make you a small club.

I'm sure they'll keep posting the same drivel until FM20.

There was a time when people actually put some thought into a tactic that works for all teams.

There are approximately 986,785,67,498 tactics on these forums that work for big clubs (Including Benfica). Finishing 2nd or 3rd doesn't make you a small club.

I'm sure they'll keep posting the same drivel until FM20.

There was a time when people actually put some thought into a tactic that works for all teams.
I remember the tactics that work on big and smaller teams, but after the updates they ruined it.

Want to try this but no download link...
Don't know if this is the right tactic that people had praised but this is from the tactic picture on the OP:

Attachments

• Bruno Lage Inspired 442.fmf
    43 KB · Views: 471