Stephen Gibbs

Reaction score
View attachment 323400Bruno Pirozzi -
The Italian born in London. The Italian with an English father. The wonderkid turned legend. He quotes what he did the biggest mistake of his life. He didn't register for England in time. He always wanted to wear the Three Lions and was gutted when he discovered his fatal mistake. Pirozzi was picked for Italy and appeared 43 times scoring 20 goals captaining Italy to the 2006 World Cup. Pirozzi was born on July 8th 1971. When he was 18 he signed a contract to play for Arsenal Football Club. He stayed there until he was 25. He was released and he joined Inter Milan. He scored 75 goals in 97 apperances before jetting off to Germany to play for Borussia Dortmund. Scoring 29 goals in 40 apperances he was released on a free transfer before spending three years at Marseille. The legend then spent the last year of his career at Arsenal scoring 7 goals in 15 apperances before having his retirement tournament. A four team tournament between Borussia, Arsenal, Inter and Marseille. Pirozzi played a half for every team. Lifting the cup at the Emirates Stadium with Arsenal at the age of 37 ended a glimmering career. Pirozzi earned his badges coaching at Arsenal and left the club in January 2012 in search of a manager's job. The search, seven months on, continues.

May 28th 2013
It has been almost a year and a half since Bruno Pirozzi started his search for a job. He has found one. After ending talks with Roma and FC Twente, Bruno Pirozzi will be managing recently relegated side Southampton in the npower Championship. Pirozzi has released a statement:
"The wait is over. Finally I can show the world my skill. It is an honor to be managing Southampton Football Club and I have met with the owners and we share the same ambition. Promotion is a must and Southampton will take it from there. I am here until June 2014 but I hope to be here longer. The fans were screwed over on the final day of the season being pipped to survival thanks to West Ham but I assure the fans that when we lift the Championship title, we will not suffer the same fate. The players have spirit and although some will have to go, morale will improve, form will improve and the next few seasons will be unforgettable."

The Saints Weekly
PIROZZI PERSUADES RAMIREZ TO STAY
Bruno Pirozzi has said in an interview that he has spoken to Gaston Ramirez and successfully persuaded him not to leave the club. Pirozzi said "I talked to Gaston before he left and he wanted to leave. I told him he was a big part of my plans and he said we'll see how it goes which means we must win. I don't want people to say Southampton are a one man team, we are not by any stretch of the imagination. Southampton will have squad trimming and new players will come in. We have excellent stars here, not just Gaston Ramirez. We have people like Rickie Lambert and Morgan Schneiderlin. Them and a few more experienced players will guarantee promotion."