WimbleDan

Reaction score
Guys, I've taken the leap from Championship Manager 2008 to Football Manager 2010.
I'm AFC Wimbledon and was already newly promoted to BSP division when I took over the club. All but two of the playing staff are default players (no money and keep things simple in first season).
I've employed a 4-3-3 standard formation, and regular touchline shouts are 'pump ball into box' and 'hassle opposition players'. All players play in natural positions. I've read the intelligence in BSP players isnt exactly brilliant so try and keep tactics basic, which I've done. I've found keeping everything default doesnt help too much, so occasionally I may 'overload' or go for 'attacking' if I'm losing while keeping the same formation. I only use subs when someone is injured.
Scoring for me is no problem, the team is joint top scorer in the league, but defensively its ridiculous: 3rd worst in the league, which puts me mid table with 10 games to go. The back 4 (and goalie) are average players for the BSP, so I cant see how they can concede so many goals. At home, I usually win. Away form is ridiculously stupid, where I'd lose to the bottom teams and manage to draw with the top teams. I really cant remember the last away game I've won. Good result one week is followed by a rubbish result the following week to a lower team, and I've only won once in my last five games.
Not too sure if I'm understanding this game correctly, or I just need new home and away tactics.
Any advice on this please?

What position are you predicted to finish?

I would probably reccomend a 442 formation as it seems to work well with lower league teams

I'm predicted to finish in the top half of the table. I can see it happening although might be tight. The defence is doing me no favours otherwise I'd say I'd comfortably be in the top 5 by now.
Do you recommend a 4-4-2 for both home and away? My main problem is away from home, can hardly win.

Hi i'm playing a game with eastleigh fc and i'm just at the end of my 3rd season and have been promoted to league 1. I went and downloaded this tactic My 4-3-1-2 Wimbledon tactic it worked wonders in the BSP and I won it with 7 games to go. I'm currently 11points clear at top of league 2 with 6 games to go. I would advise get som loan players in. I went to saints and loaned there reserve goalie (pernecky i think) for a season he was great and I got him on a free at the end of that season.keep searching the freebies and youngsters as I've had no transfer money for 3 seasons but have changed my defence and some of my midfield every year. I go manset on a free from hereford and he scored 25+ in BSP try looking at him

With Stevenage, I am currently playing my own 4-3-1-2 and it is also working brilliantly. I play attacking and direct and narrow. I would also reccomend a midfielder, can't remember his name but he is from mauritius and is fantastic.

Hi damofin, I may try that formation. Did you also regularly use any touchline tactics in game?
I have seen Pernecky on loan status, so may give him a go too.
I've noticed alot of the freebies are poor, but I did pick up two who turned out to be alright so far.

With Stevenage, I am currently playing my own 4-3-1-2 and it is also working brilliantly. I play attacking and direct and narrow. I would also reccomend a midfielder, can't remember his name but he is from mauritius and is fantastic.

What position are you in now with those tactics? And do you use any touchline tactics as I know those can make a difference sometimes too

Yeah I usually ask the team to get the ball forward, then hassle apponents and get stuck in. Had a striker called george daly he's good and jason brown from eastligh scored 25+ from att mid position. had a right back called nacca he's been a mainstay and is great. also got a youngster calle tom burgin (CD) he was really good and still doing the biz.

Maybe a bit harder now your near end of season but alot of good players are about and with a better rep than eastleigh you should be able to pick some good players up.Keep looking in res of champ/ prem teams (like pompy) there's a few good players around. (wetterburn- at stoke is one (not sure if i spelt he's name right though)

I wouldn't like this to sound like I'm promoting my tactic but you can try thishttp://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1980. As you will see I played with AFC Wimbledon too and it worked wonders, promoted to championship in consecutive seasons.
About the players, get them on loan and get a parent club. If you get Kakuta on loan, his a bomb,