BT Total broadband

Gaz1984

Reaction score
Hi all
I know that this has no bearing on FM but I also know that there are a lot of decent people on here that on a **** of a lot more about computers than I ever will, and I have recently been experiencing a vert, very slow internet connection at home.
Myself and BT have tested the line and if appears the line is exceeding its capability in terms of speed. (which I find very strange)
I have ran numerous scans on the PC to search for virus's but still nothing, and even if this was the case would this shoud not effect my house mate when he is play world of warcraft, ( I am assuming that this would be the case anyway)
Could it this be put down to the BT fair usage policy as I have recenly downloaded the game and seans mega pack aswell as the latest patch?
If you can help that would be great and thanks to all in advance

Your package may have a download limit yes. The game is what, 1gb? and Sean's megapack is probably a few megabytes?

Looks like BT either have a 10 or 20gb usage policy?

Normally you should get a letter/email if you have gone over the limit.

Your package may have a download limit yes. The game is what, 1gb? and Sean's megapack is probably a few megabytes?

Looks like BT either have a 10 or 20gb usage policy?

Normally you should get a letter/email if you have gone over the limit.

I have search the small print for the limit, but like you say no e-mail, could have a letter in the post I suppose, it may arrive before x-mas.
Any ideas how long they normal restrict service speed?

Till the next payment month.

Although it would be impressive of you to have gone over your limit 4 days into the month, if you only download what you say.

Till the next payment month.

Although it would be impressive of you to have gone over your limit 4 days into the month, if you only download what you say.

Well as far as I am aware thats all that was done. World of Warcraft seems like a large game so playing online would make a diference as well ?

It does seem very unlikey that we would have exceeded our limit as you say.

I will get home tonight and unplug it all and take it from there I think.

I would like to know why BT can't confirm over the phone if we have exceed the limit or not.

mate BT are the worst company ever, never use them! get rid of them if u can and go to some one else, only thing i have with BT is a phone line, thats only coz i have to