nijak04

Reaction score
Why is this guy so good in this game? (he is class irl i know)..
everytime i play against Juventus he single handedly keeps them in the game and saves everything. Even at 38 his stats haven´t dropped and got a 9.6 rating against me (played 0-0 in the first leg) and although i won 3-0 at home he still got a 9.2 rating... And there are pleanty other times where he has won the game for them.. i just sucks that he´s unpassable!
He is just superman sometimes!

Yep. Ever seen him play in real life? More or less the same.

buffon isnt just class, hes one of the best keepers of his generation, and his stats are reflected thus

No, not over rated. IMO is the 2nd best keeper at the start of the game(Casillas 1st). GKs don't drop as drastically as outfield players, on a save of mine in 2018 Casillas is brilliant, and is valued at around 13m.

buffon isnt just class, hes one of the best keepers of his generation, and his stats are reflected thus

Ooo alright shakespear! ;)

Yeah, hes the beans in real life, and in the game, probs will be for another 3-5 years I spect.

Actually, I believe the over-rated one is Casillas, they definitely need to drop his concentration, IRL he flops a lot, same as Valdes, they're both very good keepers, but whenever you watch a match for Real Madrid or Barcelona, you're waiting for them to put their mark on the game with a major error.

He is one of the best keepers in the world and has been for a few years now, his stats reflect his ability

Actually, I believe the over-rated one is Casillas, they definitely need to drop his concentration, IRL he flops a lot, same as Valdes, they're both very good keepers, but whenever you watch a match for Real Madrid or Barcelona, you're waiting for them to put their mark on the game with a major error.

Are you sure? Casillas is probably the only goalkeeper in the world to play with a defence that never has the same players for more than 2 seasons. Buffon is great and his stats are perfectly aligned with his real life value to his club. Casillas should be rated higher imo, hes younger and he just is a brick wall.

Are you sure? Casillas is probably the only goalkeeper in the world to play with a defence that never has the same players for more than 2 seasons. Buffon is great and his stats are perfectly aligned with his real life value to his club. Casillas should be rated higher imo, hes younger and he just is a brick wall.

While I tend to agree with you about the shifting Madrid defense, his concentration lapses are too frequent.

When I first saw Casillas, it was in 2000 or 2001, it was the aging Madrid team that only had Raul and Roberto Carlos as main threats, it was Redondo's last season at Madrid if I recall correctly.

Casillas was a brilliant youngster, I expected him to rise to the top of the game, but somehow, he suddenly stopped improving a couple of years later, and the gap between him and keepers of his generation kept tightening, he's still a very good keeper, but not the best anymore, he stopped developing and the others have simply caught up with him and surpassed him in some cases.

It's my same problem with Rooney, he was a brilliant youngster and developed into a good striker, but not a great one, I know my English friends will probably devour me for this comment, but I still stand by my opinion concerning Rooney, he's quite over-rated and partly due to Man U's excellent propaganda machine.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Concerning Buffon, he's a great keeper, but I believe that Italy had a better one that was sacrificed to make room for Buffon, I'm speaking of Toldo, he was pushed to the bench right after a brilliant Euro 2000, till now I never knew why.

He kept 5 clean sheets during the World Cup 2006 and had won multiple awards (a proud 8 times winner of Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year) and trophies be it individual or team effort throughout his career.

So, how is he overrated?

Best goalkeeper ever ..

When i saw the title of the thread i thought this was going to turn out in one of those ' Is Didier Drigba overrated?'

While I tend to agree with you about the shifting Madrid defense, his concentration lapses are too frequent.

When I first saw Casillas, it was in 2000 or 2001, it was the aging Madrid team that only had Raul and Roberto Carlos as main threats, it was Redondo's last season at Madrid if I recall correctly.

Casillas was a brilliant youngster, I expected him to rise to the top of the game, but somehow, he suddenly stopped improving a couple of years later, and the gap between him and keepers of his generation kept tightening, he's still a very good keeper, but not the best anymore, he stopped developing and the others have simply caught up with him and surpassed him in some cases.

It's my same problem with Rooney, he was a brilliant youngster and developed into a good striker, but not a great one, I know my English friends will probably devour me for this comment, but I still stand by my opinion concerning Rooney, he's quite over-rated and partly due to Man U's excellent propaganda machine.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Concerning Buffon, he's a great keeper, but I believe that Italy had a better one that was sacrificed to make room for Buffon, I'm speaking of Toldo, he was pushed to the bench right after a brilliant Euro 2000, till now I never knew why.

IMO, Toldo was NEVER at the level which Buffon has been all these years.

IMO, Toldo was NEVER at the level which Buffon has been all these years.

If you remember in Euro 2000, the Italy team wasn't a very strong one, a new young Totti was urging them on, Toldo single-handedly got them through the semi-final vs. Netherlands by saving 2 penalties inside the match and 3 out of the 5 that were shot at him in the shoot-out.

In the final against France, he was keeping Italy's lead till Trezeguet broke his nose and he conceded 2 goals in 5 minutes.

He was real class back then.

Think we can all agree that Italy has developed alot of class keepers. Peruzzi, Pagliuca, Buffon... The list is long ^^, And to the point, I do not think Buffon is overrated, he is and has always been a worldclass keeper

Just needed to get my frustrations out somewhere.. I mean i had 7 CCC and about 30 shots ón goal and still hé just stood there smiling saying "is that all you got" :) and i mean its not bc my strikers and AMC's suck ( regen with finish: 20 , OTB: 19 and composure: 16 etc and gourcuff + aguero AMC)

I know hé is good irl aswell.. As i Said frustrations... Sorry

i think Lloris needs to be dropped a bit. I was extremely unimpressed with his aerial ability at the WC. But really keepers should get better the longer they play - it's really not about pace or being overly physical (it helps but a smart keeper is and always will be better than a physically great but mentally inept keeper) but about anticipation and reflexes. Plus the guy is huge, with a massive wingspan, he doesn't have to perfectly positioned to stuff a shot.