Kerguelen

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a serious problem in penalty shootouts?
I've been involved in about 15 penalty shootouts in this FM and I haven't even won 1 of them. No one should lose that many shootouts. I'd now rather the opposition score a last minute goal than suffer another penalty shootout as I know it's delaying the inevitable.
Could I just be one of the unluckiest FM players around in shootouts or is there an issue with penalty's.
Has anyone else had this problem? Is this possibly a bug?

Try watching the English National Team in a penalty shootout and tell me again no team should lose that many shootouts.

it's just a coin toss, and although unlikely it's possible to lose 15 in a row, just as it's possible to get 15 heads in a row.

Try watching the English National Team in a penalty shootout and tell me again no team should lose that many shootouts.

it's just a coin toss, and although unlikely it's possible to lose 15 in a row, just as it's possible to get 15 heads in a row.

I was about to say have you ever watched the England team

i've noticed sometimes in penalty shoot outs the ai goalkeeper comes out bare far i thought the goalkeepers meant to stay on his line LOL

Has anyone else had a serious problem in penalty shootouts?
I've been involved in about 15 penalty shootouts in this FM and I haven't even won 1 of them. No one should lose that many shootouts. I'd now rather the opposition score a last minute goal than suffer another penalty shootout as I know it's delaying the inevitable.
Could I just be one of the unluckiest FM players around in shootouts or is there an issue with penalty's.
Has anyone else had this problem? Is this possibly a bug?

I think you are mainly unlucky, or you are facing clubs with better penalty takers than yours. I win most of mine, probably 70-80% since the inception of FM2013 (and probably a slightly higher % in FM2014), but I take great care in making sure I have good penalty takers, because I know how ****** I get when I miss one. I have the opposite problem though - My keepers have only ever saved ONE penalty in normal time since the beginning of FM2013 (the save just happened a few days ago...finally), and that's in over 1000 hours of playing. My goalkeepers don't seem to have trouble saving them in shootouts, but they can't during normal time.

Thanks for your replies.. It seem's like it's just me being very unlucky then :(.

I usually have a pretty poor success rate in penalty's in previous FM's but just never this bad.