Building a Legacy - New York City Football Club

Fm14KmD

Reaction score
View attachment 266666

Hello everybody and welcome to my very first Football Manager 2015 Story on the FM Base site.

First of all I would like to address the fact that I am NOT the best Football Manager player, never have been and never will be and this years addition has just made it all that bit harder to actually be good and if I am being honest, I haven't enjoyed FM15 as of late but I'm hoping that making a story will make it much more fun for me and I can't wait to see how it goes.

Anyway, moving on from that let's talk about my new save on Football Manager 2015!

For my very first Football Manager 2015 career on FM Base I decided that I needed to be a little different so I decided 'Hey, why not check out the MLS' because I have fond memories of guiding FC Dallas to the MLS Cup on Football Manager 2014. Anyway, when I got there I realised something very exciting.. The two new expansion teams Orlando City FC and New York City FC were there and written in Bold Red writing was this interesting little message 'Please Note that this team will not enter the league until the 2015 season' and instantly I realised. I realised that I had an opportunity. An opportunity to create a completely unique save that I have only seen on the internet once or twice and one that will hopefully bring some enjoyment back to Football Manager for me because I do miss it.

As I stated above, I have managed in the MLS in the past and despite all of the weird and crazy rules, it turned out to be a really enjoyable save (even if I did only do two seasons!
:p) and I am hoping that the same fun and success level can be replicated here.

gL0xrm.png

I'm sure all of you guys have heard of NYCFC. They were one of the two new expansion teams that were joining the MLS for the 2015 season and they have had an OK start in real life but I want to be the person to push them to dominate America, North America and then the world. As you can see by the screenshot above, we have nothing. No history, no legends, no icons.. Nothing. So that means I have a fresh canvas to create history with.

View attachment 266630

The team will play it's games at the Yankee Stadium but in real life they are scheduled to move to a newly built stadium but it doesn't look like so in the Football Manager World, although the Yankee Stadium does hold nearly 50,000 people so that's a good thing.

C4dG3j.png

eM6lb3.png

yctYUp.png

ybuIqG.png

Yes people, I decided to play as David Beckham. He was already in the database so I did have to delete him and make myself. The reason I went with Beckham is because he has MLS experience and is a very famous and popular celebrity so thought it would be fun to see how we can do with him as the manager. As you can see I did go with International Footballer as my Past Playing Experience (39 caps is less than I had hoped for) and my Coaching Qualifications are Continental Pro Licence. I'll let you have a look at the stats yourself
grin.gif

2lsts9f.jpg

I was gonna spend some time to explain the rules of the MLS but they are way to complicated so I'll leave you a link to a guide of the rules - Football Manager 2015 MLS Guide | Squawka News Ball CTRL. Here they explain everything you will ever need to know so thanks to the guys at Squawka for that.

I will show you all of my signings that I have made in the next update but when I arrived we did have 5 players so I'll give you guys a quick overview of them now.

WvnfYA.png

By far our best player and will no doubt be out captain. Has had an amazing and well decorated career in England and he has now come across the pond to see what impact he can make.

h29Sqr.png

Another awesome player who has some outstanding stats, especially for the MLS. Hopefully we can get him and Lampard to play at their best and we can absolutely storm the MLS. Hopefully the International experience of him and Lampard will also help.

7O7UTD.png

Not a good player at all and hopefully when we get better players in we can ship him out. But for now he's an OK backup.

ySM3oa.png

Actually a very decent keeper and if I can't find better, he will definitely do and I know I wouldn't need to worry with this guy between the sticks.

odVdRz.png

A decent full back. Hopefully we can bring in a better one but he will do for rotational purposes and hey, who knows, he could be amazing!

KHYFfc.png

One last thing that I wanted to point out is that we do have Manchester City as a parent club so I going to look to exploit the **** out of that.

Anyway, I know it's not much of an update but I just wanted to help you guys get to know NYCFC and get you guys hyped for my new save!! Thanks for reading and look out for the next update.

P.S. I will do an update after every in-game month. Again, thanks guys!