Building a Nation - San Marino

Hola mi amigos. I hope you're all well. I would like to say I am, but I've been playing in San Marino so I'm only as good as I can be. Going to kick things off with some transfers. Sadly, not a whole lot to talk about. The team is well balanced and settled, and the only improvements are £20 million + which I'm not willing to spend just yet. Once we have a guranteed group stage spot, then maybe I'll splash the cash a little.

Osvaldo Jose - £1.1 Million to Numantia

Jose.PNG

This is without a doubt one of the stupidest things I've done. You all know Jose, right? A baller of a left back signed on a free, playing every single game for me. And what did I do? Forgot to offer him a new contract without a release clasue... I am so stupid. When he joined he demanded a release clause, which I don't really care too much about as in 4 months time they will usually sign a new one and you can get rid of the clause. I obvioulsy forgot in this case, and by the time I realised it was too late. Now on loan, Jose is living his best life away from San Marino and I haven't been able to replace him as of yet. I miss you, buddy.

Johann Berg Alexandersson - Free from Valur

1617707708239.png

Making his debut at 17, Johann dreamed of a bigger and better life outside of Iceland. He didn't accept his new contract, and became a free agent in the summer. The staff say he's our best midfielder, which I just don't quite agree with. However, he does have a model citzen personality and bags of potential so starting him in the league will only help his development which should bring a decent price tag. I could be wrong on Johann, but paying nothing for him was the sensible choice.

Jai Donnelly - £1.8 Million from Manchester United (Joins 08/01/2037)

1617707948180.png

Jai is a Euro cup U19 winner, but hasn't made an appearance for the Red Devils. He has been out of contract since the summer, but has remained at the club (I understand why). At 21 years old, he doesn't fit the usual FM transfer style of U18's only, however he looks great. A fickle personality doesn't bode well, but his attributes already put him as one of the best attacking midfielders at the club, so if I can get a few good seasons out of him then I won't care. £1.8 Million isn't even close to the most I've spent on a player, and he is likely going to be one of the best I have signed. With his tries killer balls often trait, I see him as more of an attacking midfileder as opposed to a shaow striker, but time will tell if that's a good idea. Physicals are great too, the first player I've signed with serious pace. Time will tell if this is a good deal or not.

Pre season/Qualifiers

Pre season was filled with enough green to make any stoner jealous. Beating Salzburg in a friendly was a nice pace setter and gave us the confidence to qualify against similar ability teams. The closest game was the third round against Dinamo, where we emerged 2-1 victors in both games. We then demolished Malmo home and away to send us into the group stages with ambitions of securing a third straight knockout apperance. Those ambitions were shortlived as we drew Barcelona, PSG and AA Gent. Euro's maybe?

1617708572956.png

September

September began in the usual way, with us lifting the Super Coppa once again. Mash lifted the trophy for the 14th time following a 6-0 victory over Pennarossa. We then traveled to France only to be handed a swift battering from PSG who are just incredible. Confidence wasn't knocked though as we returned home to pick up back to back victories to start the league of properly.

1617708762865.png

October

I never like starting the month off with a loss, but when you're playing Barcelona away it's kind of inevitable. This wasn't an embaressment though, as we thought hard but came unstuck as the game progressed. We continued our domestic dominance, scoring a combined 30 goals throughout the month with a nice 2-0 victory against Gent in there. The results so far confimed what I already knew, we would likely be visiting the Europa league again this season, but sometimes the luck of the draw goes against you.

1617708922069.png

November

We sealed the Europa League deal with a comfortable victory over Gent despite going down early on. Another 4-1 defeat to PSG didn't mean much as the group was already decided by this point. A 15-0 victory over Juvenes Dogana almost broke our record victory, with both Everton and Esparza scoring 7 each, and our CB knicking the 15th.

1617709061598.png

December

We ended the year with a flurry of games. We progressed into the Semi-Finals of the cup and put on another clinic against Faetano, the team we ground share with in real life. A narrow loss to Barcelona gave me some hope that we're not that far away from truly competing with the biggest teams, but knowing how to make that next step is the hardest part. We accepted our Europa League fate with a smile, and were given Swiss side St.Gallen in the first knockout round. A winnable game for sure, but they came second behind AS Monaco, so the group stage position may not be a true indicator of their ability. We shall find out in February.

1617709287296.png

Thank you once again for taking time out of your day to read the ramblings of a mad man. Unfortunately, the game takes a little while to process, and time to play is limited. I will continue to play, and I hope you can remain intrested without regular updates. I love this save so won't be giving up any time soon. You Reds

Attachments

• 1617707681154.png
    1617707681154.png
    727.4 KB · Views: 26