DonVanberg

Reaction score
Was thinking of going a bit Mourinho and build my tactic with the base at the back, playing a low, disciplined defensiveline with tight marking, wingers that contribute to the defensive pressing and a tight centremid.
With FM15 being an attacking-friendly game though, I'm wondering if it's really effective and possible to build an defensive team, or if it will lack in the offense and the opponents will, as usual, keep managing to get in between and score goals in ways i cannot imagine were possible, just because you know, the game engine.

I'm thinking of playing either a 4-1-4-1 with DLF or a 4-1-2-2-1 with more defensive wingers.

I think it is possible yes. I'm currently experimenting with a deep d line and quick counters when we have the ball back. Pulled off some good results, however the tactic is only as strong as your players, having a deep d line can be risky especially if your opponent has world class players. On the flip side though, if done correctly it is amazing watching teams just shoot from 25-30 yards when they can't break u down. Also playing deep invites these types of shots so every now and again a screamer will fly in. Also with a deep cline don't beieve the match stats. I played Stoke as newcastle (away) the stats told me they had 22 shots (only 3 on target) and i had 9 (6 on target). When I looked at the analysis 0 of their shots was a scoring chance. 5 of mine were and I won 3-0. Just an example. But yes I believe it can be done it's just tricky...and frustrating at times but we wouldn't love fm if it was easy would we? Sorry for essay lol

I prefer the 4-1-2-2-1 and I'll tell you why.
There is a LOT more talent to be found at AML/AMR positions than ML/MR positions.

Also, I feel that the 4-1-2-2-1 is better defensively.
As far as offense goes, it all depends on your roles, your instructions, and your talent.

Good luck, keep us updated on what tactic you chose/created and the results you got from it!