Cole89

Reaction score
I did a similar story on here last season where the aim is to win as many trophies as quick as possible with as many teams. Last year I lead Barcelona to about 20 trophies in about 4 years so I'm going to aim for that again on this years edition. I will be using LFCMarshalls latest transfer update. One last thing to do is choose the starting team, I was thinking Juventus, Barcelona or Man City just to get started. But i'm not 100% sure yet So if you have any ideas let me know. I will be starting this later on tonight.

Heres the link to my save from last season http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/101975-building-trophy-cabinet.html

I'd be interested in following again but I think you should team hop a lot more, like once you're won everything with Barcelona you should move onto another club :)

I'd be interested in following again but I think you should team hop a lot more, like once you're won everything with Barcelona you should move onto another club :)

Yeah i'll definitely be moving on a lot quicker than before, providing theres a club available.

View attachment 376172

Ok..... So just like last year I've decided to start of with Barcelona. Why Barcelona? Why wouldn't I? The chance to manage possibly the most exciting forward partnership of Neymar and Messi. Starting with Barcelona will also give me the chance to quickly enhance my reputation which starts out as automatic. There is a possible four trophies to win this season and I intend on winning them all then hopefully winning the two extra ones that a Champions League win will provide next season before I move on to pastures new. I am going to aim at winning at least the league and cup double with two clubs from each country I manage in, but that doesn't mean that if I win with one club, then I will look for another club in the same country. I may come back to that country at a later date to complete it. Hopefully that makes sense. Now lets begin with the transfers.

Transfers

View attachment 376187

As everyone knows Barcelona have a team that strikes fear into their opponents every time they step onto the field, But there is one player that I can't stand, and so I've replaced him.

Out

- Pedro £35m to Chelsea

I really dislike him, I don't know what it is about him but every time i have in my team I sell him. I was quite surprised to get so much for him, its all paid upfront too so it will come in handy for his replacement.

- Ibrahim Afellay £6.25m to Inter

Ibrahim is a player that would have no chance in making the first team as we have the likes of Neymar, Sanchez and Tello who can play in position, even Messi and Iniesta can if we get too short. I would have liked to have got a bit more for him but never mind.

Total = £41.25m

In

- Luciano Vietto £2.9m from Racing Club (Argentina)

The head of youth development made this signing. He's a 18 year old Argentinian striker who has some potential but probably won't be featuring in my plans. With a starting budget of £30m and the additional £41m made from transfers, we are looking good financially so I don't mind the youth development coach bringing in a few players on his own.

- Gareth Bale £60m from Tottenham

Our replacement for Pedro, now our forward line has Neymar, Messi and Bale. SCARY!!!! These three players are gonna rip the opposition to shreds no doubt. £60m may be a lot of money but with the performances I know he's capable of, the fee is going to be very respectable I'm sure.

So..... There are the transfers what are your thoughts on them?

Pre - Season

View attachment 376175

I already know my who will line up for the opening game of the season against Getafe so these games are purely to regain match fitness and work on some tactics. First up was a game against our 'B' team.

Barcelona 1-0 Barcelona 'B'
Lionel Messi

Not the big win I would have liked but it was the perfect way of seeing if there's any players in the sister team who could be capable of breaking into the first team this season.

Barcelona 0-1 Arsenal

I decided to arrange this game as an insight as to how we would fair against other competitive teams. To be honest we didn't show much promise and a change of tactic would probably be needed. Santi Cazorla got the only goal of the game.

New England 0-4 Barcelona
Lionel Messi (3), Cesc Fabregas

A comfortable win in our opening game of our two match tour of North America. Messi turning on the style with a stunning hat-trick, of which we will hopefully be seeing a lot this coming season. Fabregas picked up a slight knock which shouldn't really be much of a problem.

Vancouver 0-2 Barcelona
Bale, Neymar

Our new signing Bale made his debut in this game, and what a way to introduce himself opening the scoring in the 36th minute. Montoya and Tello were stretchered off with Montoya just picking up a knock while Tello suffered a torn hamstring which will see him out for upto 3 months. Neymar grabbed the 2nd deep into second half injury time.

Cittadella 0-2 Barcelona
Xavi, Gerard Pique

A straight-forward win to end the pre-season with. It was made easier by the sending off of Cristiano Zanetti for a vicious foul on Iniesta which he came away unscathed. With three back to back clean sheets we look in good shape going into the first game.

So..... There is the pre-season guys, what do you think so far?

Surely if you dislike Pedro you must also hate Busquets?!?!

What is it about Pedro and Busquets you don't like? I mean, Busquets is a bit of a ****** in real life but he's a good player lol. And it'll be good to see you team hop a bit more thought I know it's tough once you've got a good team together, it was like that for me and Bayern in the save I did last year. It could be hard to pull yourself away from the team with that front-line you've got there.

August

A couple of transfers to mention before I get started with the results. Sergio Busquets left the club in favour of a £40m move to Man Utd, This transfer broke the previous record of an incoming fee which was Figo to Real Madrid for £37m. With busquets leaving I had to bring in a replacement. I was hoping to sign Fellaini but he'd already moved so I decided on Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin for just £10.5m. He may be seen as a risky choice but at only £10.5m it was a risk i was willing to take.

Liga BBVA

Barcelona 3-0 Getafe
Carles Puyol, Javier Mascherano, Lionel Messi

A great opening day performance saw us have 38 shots at goal to our oppositions 1, worryingly though we only saw 13 actually hit the target despite us having Neymar, Messi and Bale upfront. Iniesta suffered a groin strain which will see him out for 11 days - 2 weeks.

Super Cup 1st Leg

At. Madrid 1-1 Barcelona
Neymar

Neymar grabbed our only goal in what was quite a boring game. Morgan Schneiderlin made his debut in the Ball Winning Midfielder position but didn't really stand out. A much better performance is needed in the 2nd leg.

Liga BBVA

Rayo 1-3 Barcelona
Lionel Messi, Gareth Bale, Neymar

The dream team strike, in a game which we completely dominated with 28 shots on goal. Sergi Roberto slotted in to replace Iniesta as my advanced playmaker and seems to of settled in well.

Super Cup 2nd Leg

Barcelona 4-2 At. Madrid
Gareth Bale, Lionel Messi, OG, Javier Mascherano

Bale opened the scored after just 2 minutes, before he was pulled down inside the area for a penalty. Messi stepped up to convert the spot kick to make it 2-0 after just 6 minutes. An own goal by Martin Demichelis made it 3-0 at half time. We began to stutter a bit as Atletico came back with 2 quick goals to make it 3-2 on the night and 4-3 on aggregate. The game turned back into our favour when former Catalan star David Villa received a 2nd yellow and was forced to leave the pitch. Mascherano rounded of the victory in the 81st minute to ensure we win our first trophy of the season.

What is it about Pedro and Busquets you don't like? I mean, Busquets is a bit of a ****** in real life but he's a good player lol. And it'll be good to see you team hop a bit more thought I know it's tough once you've got a good team together, it was like that for me and Bayern in the save I did last year. It could be hard to pull yourself away from the team with that front-line you've got there.

To be honest I'm not sure why..... They're both great players but theres just something about them both. I'm giving myself a season limit so I will definitely be moving more often than last year no matter how good the current team is.

To be honest I'm not sure why..... They're both great players but theres just something about them both. I'm giving myself a season limit so I will definitely be moving more often than last year no matter how good the current team is.

I see what you mean about Busquets but Pedro's alright I think. And that's good, it's good to give yourself a clear framework for what you want to do or else you can be too tempted by the super-team you've put together lol.

I see what you mean about Busquets but Pedro's alright I think. And that's good, it's good to give yourself a clear framework for what you want to do or else you can be too tempted by the super-team you've put together lol.
I watch a lot of La Liga football and cant stand how these two play they make Luis Suarez look like an angel, Busquets is the worse, rolling around on the floor,

I watch a lot of La Liga football and cant stand how these two play they make Luis Suarez look like an angel, Busquets is the worse, rolling around on the floor,

Ah right, I knew Busquets was bad for that sort of thing but I didn't know Pedro was that much as well. I can see why you wouldn't like them now.

Busquets and Pedro are two glorified football players, especially Busquets. If it wasn't for his father and Pep then he would have still been at Barca B or at some ****** La Liga team.

Replace Busquets with Vidal or Sandro and you have a great team.

September

Before I get started I just thought I'd mention, we made one final signing before the transfer window slammed shut. That is Holger Badstuber from Bayern Munich for around the £18m mark. He will be my direct replacement for Puyol. The Champions League groups were made at the start of the month and we were handed what the media this is a easy group. It consists of Juventus, OM and Galatasaray. Not sure where they get the idea of it being an easy group. Right lets crack on with the results.

Liga BBVA

Barcelona 2-2 Real Sociedad
Neymar, Lionel Messi

We were extremely lucky to walk away with a point here as we didn't turn up till the 80th minute. Our midfield were struggling to put a string of passes together and Bale, Neymar and Messi were non existent when going forward.

Levante 2-3 Barcelona
Gareth Bale (3)

A superb display from Bale he ran the opposition defenders ragged all throughout the game. In every match he's played so far my assistant is saying that Bales struggling to fit in, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of this after this display.

Champions League

Barcelona 2-2 OM
Gerard Pique, Xavi

Cesc Fabregas made his return to the team after sitting out for 4 weeks with a hernia. In truth this was another game in which we struggled to find our passing game. We created enough chances to have won by 5-6 goals, so to of only picked up a point is very disappointing.

Liga BBVA

Malaga 0-1 Barcelona
Neymar

The Brazilian scored the only goal of the game with a great 35 yard volley after the keeper came out to clear the ball but made a hash of it and ended up passing it straight to Neymar. It was another game in which we squandered many chances, Despite the known firepower we have, something just doesn't seem to be clicking with the 3.

Barcelona 2-0 Celta Vigo
Gareth Bale (2)

This guy is unstoppable when he gets his head down. His first is surely a contender for the goal of the month. He picked up the ball from inside his own 18 yard box before dribbling the whole length of the pith before coolly slotting it past the Celta Vigo keeper. His 2nd was just as good as he won the ball on the edge of our 6 yard area and lofted a 25 yard ball to Sanchez before sprinting up the other side of the pith to turn in Alexis's cross at the far post.

I will post the league table at the end of next month and continue posting every 3 months afterwards. Any idea's on what sort of pics I should add in to add a bit of colour?
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated too.

View attachment 376657

The draw for the fourth round of the Copa Del Rey was made this month with the tie being played at the end of the month. We were given a fairly straightforward draw in Spanish second division side, Amorebieta with the first leg being away, so hopefully it will give me the chance to hand starts to some of our youth prospects.

View attachment 376660

Elche 2-4 Barcelona
Lionel Messi (3), Neymar

Mssi was sensational in this game grabbing himself a hat-trick while also laying on Neymar's goal. It wasn't your typical hat-trick from Messi as he scored all 2 from the penalty spot. Montoya put the ball into his own net for one of their goals.

Valladolid 1-3 Barcelona
Lionel Messi (2), Xavi

Last month we had Bale scoring for fun, this one looks like its going to be Messi. He grabbed his 2nd by scoring yet another penalty before Xavi sealed the win with nearly half an hour left to play.

Barcelona 5-1 At. Madrid
Cesc Fabregas, Javier Mascherano, OG, Lionel Messi (2)

We ran rampant over our opposition here, storming into a 3 goal lead before the break. Nani gave the team from Madrid a glimmer of a chance when he struck 5 minutes after the rebound, but it was nothing more than a consolation as Messi fired in 2 late strikes 1 of which was from the penalty spot again to complete the rout.

View attachment 376667

Galatasaray 2-2 Barcelona
Lionel Messi, Alex Song

Messi put us into the lead midway through the first half before midfielder Mascherano sent the ball past a helpless Valdes in goal to give Galatasaray the equalizer just before the break. We then fell behind with just over 10 minutes to go before Song popped up in the 93rd minute to nod in from a Xavi corner to give us our 2nd point.

Barcelona 1-1 Juventus
Gareth Bale

Yet more points lost, Its becoming difficult for us to qualify for the next round due to these sub standard performances. There was nothing really to shout about in this game other than Bale scoring to equalize after Asamoah gave Juve an early lead.

View attachment 376668

Luckily the other results have kind of gone our way but its looking extremely tight st to who's going to progress through to the Knockout stages.

View attachment 376669

Amorebieta 1-2 Barcelona
Lionel Messi, Xavi

I fielded mostly 'B' team and U19 players for this as I thought we'd sweep them away, but apparently not. We were 1-0 down at half time so I had to bring on some of the big boys in the hope they'd turn it around, and they did, only just. Messi scoring from the spot for the 6th time this month on the 70th minute mark, and then Xavi clinching the win into injury time. A shocking display from my 'other' team.

View attachment 376671View attachment 376672

We remain unbeaten, and managed to pull away slightly from the other teams.

View attachment 376804

View attachment 376805

Barcelona 2-1 Granada
OG, Dani Alves

We quickly fell behind through a Ighalo goal for the away side. Roberto put the ball into his own goal for our equalizer on the half hour mark before Brazilian wing back Dani Alves completed the turnaround with a superb solo effort.

Betis 0-0 Barcelona

An extremely frustrating result as we had 17 shots at goal but were only able to produce just the 1 on target. Neymar is on the verge of losing his place in the team due to inconsistent form.

Athletic Bilbao 0-0 Barcelona

Another goalless draw in another game in which we dominated the shots at goal stat. Something doesn't seem right, we have a forward line that has 51 out of 60 for finishing but yet we can't seem to score goals on a consistent basis.

Barcelona 2-2 Real Madrid
Lionel Messi (2)

This will be a hat-trick Messi would like to forget, he opened the scoring for us from the penalty spot yet again before knocking it past his own keeper 6 minutes later. He restored our lead with 19 minutes left and we looked set to claim the 3 points. That was before Sami Khedira grabbed an equalizer 2 minutes from time. Mascherano was sent off 3 minutes into injury time.

View attachment 376806

Juventus 3-1 Barcelona
Alexis Sanchez

This defeat ensured that we couldn't finish top of the group, so if we were to go through then we'd face a difficult draw in the next round. Juventus thoroughly deserved the 3 points as they out muscled and out played us the entire game.

OM 2-4 Barcelona
Lionel Messi (2), Andres Iniesta (2)

This was a huge game in terms of progressing as we knew a defeat would see us crash out of the Champions League and probably see me out the door. We fell 2-0 behind thanks to a brace from Kadir. Lionel Messi then did what he does best by scoring from the spot before a fine solo effort ensured we went into halftime on a level playing field once again. The second half was the Iniesta show as he controlled the game while grabbing himself 2 goals to complete the win.

View attachment 376811

Barcelona 1-1 Amorebieta
Cesc Fabregas

Another terrible scoreline against the lower league team. Cesc opened the scoring for us midway through the first half with a delicate little flick. The away side didn't look fazed by playing at the legendary stadium as the took control of the game. They went onto equalize 2 minutes after the restart, it could have gone worse for us when the away side put the ball into the back of the net to take the lead, but fortunately the linesman raised his flag and ruled it out for offside. We held on to the draw and booked our place in the next round.

We have been drawn against Liga Adelante side Cordoba in the 5th round of the Copa del rey with the first leg being away once again. We have agreed a fee for German keeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen who will join on the 2nd January.

View attachment 376958

View attachment 376960

Barcelona 2-1 Espanyol
Carles Puyol, Xavi

My first Catalan derby ended with us taking all 3 points. Puyol headed us into the lead in the 32nd minute before Xavi drilled home the winner 2 minutes from time. Jordi Alba limped off with a pulled hamstring and will be out for 3 weeks.

Valencia 0-1 Barcelona
Carles Puyol

Puyol was there at the back post to once again nod home. I've recently noticed that Xavi is struggling to play the full 90 mins, hope he can make it till the end of the season.

Barcelona 4-0 Almeria
Lionel Messi, Neymar, Gareth Bale, Dani Alves

Alves put in a M.O.M performance grabbing 3 assists before scoring a screamer from out wide on the right wing. Surprisingly this is only the 2nd time this season that all 3 superstars have scored in the same match.

Villarreal 2-2 Barcelona
Morgan Schneiderlin, Lionel Messi

Schneiderlin scored his first for the club as we came from 2-0 down due to goals from Villarreal's Lassad in the first half. Messi secured the point for us with a neat turn and finish on the hour mark.

View attachment 376980

Barcelona 5-0 Galatasaray
Gareth Bale, Neymar, Cesc Fabregas, Holger Badstuber, Lionel Messi

A storming win which secured us 2nd place in the group and qualification into the knockout stages. The win never really looked in doubt as we took complete control unlike the first game. The superstars each grabbed a goal again.

View attachment 376986

Cordoba 0-4 Barcelona
Alexis Sanchez, Cesc Fabregas, Javier Mascherano, Gareth Bale

After only just making it through the last round, there was no way I was going to risk fielding a weaker team. I did however rotate a few players, one of whom was Sanchez who repaid my faith in him by opening the scoring. Regulars Fabregas, Mascherano and Bale completed the rout and all but booked our place in the quarter final.

Barcelona 1-0 Cordoba
Luciano Vietto

Due to the first leg win, I felt comfortable in putting out a 'B' team. 19 year old Vietto showed signs of possibly breaking into the first team with the only goal of the game. Stupidly I forgot to set out my subs bench so it was lucky we didn't suffer any injuries.

We had a bit of spare time after christmas so I arranged a friendly against Atletico Madrid at the Nou Camp. The plus side being the impressive 5-0 win thanks to goals from Bale, Messi (pen), Pique and a brace from Schneiderlin. The down side however was the injury to Bale who will sit out for 4-6 weeks with a pulled hamstring.

The draws for the Champions League and the Copa del rey were made this month, we will face tough opponents in Bayern Munich in the Champions League with the first leg being played at home. The Copa del rey draw saw us drawn with Valencia in the quarters. A more difficult tie than what I was hoping to get but nevertheless we have to beat the big teams if we want to be the best.

View attachment 377004

View attachment 377005

We signed Marc-Andre Ter Stegen from Gladbach for £16m as he's young and fairly cheap for a keeper of his potential. He will become the long term replacement for Victor Valdes.

Our head of youth brought in one of my favourite players on this years FM, Leandro Paredes from Boca Juniors for around £3.3m. Although his favoured position would be AMC, he could well turn out to be a replacement for Iniesta when he retires.

Nobody of interest left the club

View attachment 377016

Barcelona 4-0 Osasuna
Alexis Sanchez (3), Morgan Schneiderlin

With Bale out for a month there was a chance for either Sanchez or Tello to fill in for him. It was Sanchez who stormed the audition grabbing himself a hat-trick, if he keeps this up Bale might not get back into the team. Schneiderlin scored again to continue his progress in possibly replacing Xavi as my deep lying playmaker.

Sevilla 2-4 Barcelona
Lionel Messi (2), Alexis Sanchez, OG

Messi gave us the lead in the 2nd minute from a stunning free kick, Sanchez doubled our lead just before the break. Sevilla came back out all guns blazing scoring twice to even it up, before Messi popped up again to put ahead. Pareja scored an own goal in the 89th minute to compound the misery on the home fans.

Barcelona 2-0 Rayo
Andres Iniesta, Alexis Sanchez

The win was somewhat marred by a surprise sending off of Neymar in the 59th minute after receiving 2 yellow cards. However Sanchez did continue his goal scoring steak to make it 5 in his last 3 league games. The media are saying we are looking unbeatable at the moment which I guess is a good sign.

Getafe 5-1 Barcelona
Lionel Messi

WOW!!!!! This was a huge upset. Ter Stegen was at fault for 4 of the goals which is a real shame as I was looking to him to sturdy up the defensive part of my team. This result may well cost us the league come the end of the season.

View attachment 377044

Valencia 0-2 Barcelona
Carles Puyol, Lionel Messi

Puyol seems to have a real knack of finding himself in the right place at the right time when it comes to set pieces as he converted a Xavi free kick to open the scoring. Messi sealed the win in the 72nd minute to give us a decent lead going into the 2nd leg at the Nou Camp.

Barcelona 2-2 Valencia
Alexis Sanchez, Cristian Tello

We did what we needed to here. Unfortunately Dani Alves was sent off for 2 bookable offences, what is with these Brazilians and fouling? Oh well safely into the Semi's where we face Athletic Bilbao.

Barcelona 4-0 Athletic Bilbao
Lionel Messi, Neymar, Alexis Sanchez, OG

The South American trio struck in the first half to give us a controlling 3-0 lead at half time, a lead that was too far out of Bilbao's reach. San Jose made it 4 when he put the ball into his own net, there should be no way of a Bilbao come back in the 2nd leg, so hopefully here we come to the final.

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Barcelona
Neymar

Bale made his return in this defeat which was the only highlight to mention really as Bilbao came from a goal behind to secure the win in injury time. Fortunately for us the damage was already done in the first leg.

View attachment 377052View attachment 377053

So.... As you can see we sit comfortably in 2nd and we haven't completely lost the title just yet. The game against Real could possibly decide where the title will end up, especially if we were to lose it.