Building an Evertonian Empire? - Evertoon F.C. Story

TheJayBee

Reaction score
MOYES RESIGNS AS TOFFEE’S MANAGER

261hmv6.png

Today, football fans around the country were shocked as it was announced that David Moyes, long-standing manager of Everton Football Club, has resigned from his post.

Everton fans were enraged to discover, that after growing tension between chairman Bill Kenwright and the rest of the club, that Moyes had stepped down as manager, citing that ‘on-going issues with the chairman pertaining to the clubs financial situation and aims’ had forced him out of the club.

Moyes, speaking outside of Everton’s Finch Farm training ground, apologised to all the Everton fans for the fact he had been forced to love and said he was sorry that he couldn’t achieve their biggest goals every season, saying that this wasn’t good enough for some people in the board room.

There has been no word as of yet who will replace Moyes, with Kenwright not willing to speak on the issue yet – however, signs are pointing towards a cheap alternative to the former-Preston manager Moyes, who had been in charge since 2002.

‘NO DRESSING ROOM UN-REST’ INSISTS CAHILL

6hn5mw.png

Speaking in a television interview in his home-nation of Australia earlier today, Everton starlet Tim Cahill insisted that there was no dressing room un-rest in any sense in the weeks preceeding Moyes’ resignation.

On holiday in Australia, Cahill spoke of his stance on the current situation at Everton, saying there was never any tension in the dressing room and although the lack of money to strengthen and build on our performances wasn’t there, the players, fans and manager were always ambitious and had a lot of faith in eachother.

Cahill also stated he hadn’t heard anything about a new manager from anybody at the club yet, and that he believs whoever is brought in as a replacement for the much-loved Moyes will be accepted by all the players in hopes they can pick up where they left off under Moyes.

UNKNOWN MORALES REPLACES MOYES IN THE EVERTON DUG-OUT

Everton Football Club today revealed their replacement for David Moyes, who was sacked a few days ago, would be an unknown Spaniard by the name of Veto Morales.

The new Everton gaffer, born and raised in Seville, has said he always admired the Premier League and even further, clubs like Everton who do well despite not spending the millions that the big boys do. Morales spoke of his bewilderment at the approach from Kenwright and was told he was brought in as a young, fresh-face with a philosophy that would change the club and take them to new heights.

Aged 30, Morales is the youngest manager in the Barclays Premier League, and a life-long football fan who always had a keen eye for the tactical and technical side of things. After a bad knee injury ended a run in the Real Betis U-18s when he was just 17, Morales bright future as a player was cut short – however, he did his coaching badges in Spain before taking a job as a Youth Coach at Sporting Gijon, followed by a short spell as a Coach at Italian club Pescara and back in Spain at his original club of Betis. Keen to make his mark on football, the whole footballing world will be keeping an eye on Morales as he tries to take the Merseyside club forward.

EVERTONIANS ANGERED AT DECISION TO EMPLOY STRANGER

24opq1h.png

This morning, just a day before Veto Morales will officially start his reign as Everton manager, Everton fans angered by the decision to let Moyes leave and employ a stranger in his place have staged a protest in the streets of Liverpool.

Hundreds of Evertonians stormed towards Goodison Park, holding banners and signs protesting against Everton’s chairman, Bill Kenwright, his lack of protest and the decision to employ Veto Morales, a stranger with no first-hand experience in management.

Dave Blakemore, one of the Everton fans leading the protest, spoke to the media earlier, releasing the following statement: ‘With all due respect to Mr. Morales, he isn’t proven enough to be managing this club. This is an irrational decision by the board to save their own back pockets. With no investment and no experience in the dug-out, our prospects do not look bright. We can only hope something will be done as soon as possible. Kenwright out – save our club’.

Despite the protests, Bill Kenwright has released his own statement saying he will not step down and hopes that the frustrated Everton fans will accept his decision in time. Morales, meanwhile, has kept relatively quiet about the situation, only commenting during his un-veiling yesterday as manager: ‘This is a dream job for me. I never expected this, it is surreal. I hope and truly believe I can make a difference. I want to help this club to the top. However, I can understand the fans frustrations. I can only hope I prove myself to them, for they deserve success for their un-dying support for such a great club’.

i'm following..i'm playing as everton too 1st season.gonna see how u manage them..xD

Nice start mate. Good luck with this :)

EVERTON'S PRE-SEASON

Highlighting The Key Players

Goalkeeper – Tim Howard

‘Tim is a very good goalkeeper. He has vital experience at this level and will be a big player for us, commanding his defence and being a huge presence in goal.’

Central Defender – Phil Jagielka

‘Phil is a really good centre half, and a massive part of this team. After a few good seasons, he struggled with injuries, but is back now and will hopefully lead by example at the back and help take the club forward.’

Left Back – Leighton Baines

‘Leighton has really kicked on in the last few seasons and shown his class, leading to him getting picked for the England squad regularly. He’s good going forward and solid in defence, and hopefully he will be a star player for us this season.’

Left Winger - Royston Drenthe

'On loan from Real Madrid, Drenthe is a lightning quick wide man with dangerous potential going forward. I'm sure he will provide a threat from out wide, creating and scoring goals.'

Attacking Midfielder – Tim Cahill

‘In a squad of several good midfielders, Cahill is the one that stands out the most to me. He is a fantastic aerial threat and a leader in the side. Hopefully he will pitch in with a few goals from a primarily attacking midfield role.’

Striker – Louis Saha

‘Although prone to the odd injury which could be a problem as the season wears on, I’m looking for Saha to have a big effect on the squad from the front. He is a fine striker who provides a good threat when called upon from all angles, and hopefully he will grab the goals we need this season.’

Tactics

4-2-3-1 Wide

‘Our first formation for this season will be 4-2-3-1, playing with two wingers and an attacking midfielder in front of two midfielders who will primarily defend and support the attack on occasion. It will be an attacking formation for us, and hopefully we’ll get goals because of it.’

4-5-1

‘The next formation is a 4-5-1, Barca-esque formation, designed to keep things tight in the midfield but still apply pressure on their defence. Two attacking wingers and strikers will provide the goal threat, with the four man defence hopefully stopping any goals.’

4-4-1-1

‘A relatively basic formation which will see us be a little bit more defensive against bigger and better team but help us punish weaker sides. Everybody will be helping everybody out in defence and attack, and with the team doing everything as a unit, I’m expecting rewards.’

Transfers

Transfers In

Boudewijn Zenden – Free - Unattached: 'Brought in to provide depth out wide and be a wise character at the club for much-needed experience with the younger players.'

Xisco Nadal - Free - Unattached:'Again, brought in to provide depth out on the flanks, however, as he is younger than Boudewijn, he could spend more than just the one season at the club after some steady pre-season performances off the bench and a MotM award in a reserves game.'
Reuben Rochina - 800k - Blackburn Rovers: 'With Saha unlikely to be in an active role in the first team by the end of the this season, I needed plan B. So, I signed Reuben from Blackburn. With a lot of potential, the ex-Barca youth front man will hopefully be a big player for the squad in due time.'

Transfers Out

Apostolos Vellios – Loaned to Swindon: 'Was never likely to feature in the first team squad this season, so a loan deal was more beneficial to him than rotting in the reserves.'

Pre-Season Friendlies

Everton vs. Everton Reserves

View attachment 218676

'Saha and Barkley were both superb and deserved their goals. Leighton Baines was also immense.'

AA Gent vs. Everton

View attachment 218667

'Baines was fantastic, but MOTM was Drenthe. He destroyed Gent’s right back all game long.'

Grimsby vs. Everton

View attachment 218670

'All players did well for the most part, but Cahill and Osman were particularly impressive.'

Preston North End vs. Everton

View attachment 218673

'Cahill was immense this game, having a big part in all of the goals.'

Everton vs. Fiorentina

View attachment 218674

'It was a shock to start so poorly after fantastic performances all pre-season, gifting them a goal. Eventually, we settled in, and could've won the game. In a way, unlucky, but I'm confident for the season ahead.'

The Gaffer's Say

'After a great pre-season, I think we're ready for the season ahead. We've got a difficult start to the campaign, with Bolton at home followed by a trip to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea, before finishing August with a Merseyside derby against Liverpool at home. I'm ready for my first season in charge, the players are primed for this chance to show themselves under a new gaffer, and even the fans have warmed to me after a successful pre-season filled with good football and goals. Hopefully, we can replicate this when it matters most.'

Last edited:
I will be following mate, im looking for a good story to pass the time. Hopefully, this will be it. :)

Last edited:
Keep it up always good to stories about the team i support.