Building for the championship - Relegation Suirvival - Reccomendations?

lfclad

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Long Story:
Long time without posting, Sort of lost the love for FM a little bit, but started back up again, Wanted to try out FMC in more detail and it got me loving FM again. I decided to go as Tranmere Rovers. You don't see many TRFC saves around and as the first ever match I went to was at Prenton Park, it felt like a good challenge.

They already have 4 long term youth loans in place, had peanuts in the bank and was happy to have an average season by the looks of things. Baring in mind, I have no idea about the real life players at Tranmere (Which, isn't a bad thing, all players get a chance to prove themselves).

I made a couple of signings that I felt would just give me a little bit more strength and backup to see me through til the summer so I can make more of an impact with the youth loans I can bring in etc etc. I managed to grab Sidibe from Stoke, on 0 wages and 0 loan fee. With only 9 finishing, it was a little concerning but his work rate, team work and determination are really impressive and all for nothing, I thought why not. Seriously, good stats in them areas. He's become a bit of a beast, can't remember the stats, but scored a good chunk for me, a lot from the bench also. Fans love him, was brought in for competition/backup/experience all things I needed for league 1 side. Also Signed Ben amos for 3 months and Mesca from Fulham for 3 months. Although since Amos has gone, fon Williams has been in great form.

I'm coming up to the end of my season soon, still got roughly 10 games left to play plus the JPT final. We are sitting in 2nd, 4 points behind Bournemouth who just keep winning, and each time they lose, I seem to lose. I feel I have a squad of players who are worthy of winning League 1, (We might just yet) but not good enough/will struggle in the championship. We are 10 points clear from 3rd, and 24 points ahead of the last playoff spot, I feel confident we will go up this season.

I will prob have to rely on loans again to keep me in the championship. I want to aim to be in the prem within 3 seasons of the championship. I think this is easily possible. If we can do it in two, that would be epic.

Short Story

Tranmere Rovers, 2nd season, looking for loans and freebies, that will secure safety in the championship and help towards building a team to future challenge for promotion.

I'm probably going to need:
AML - I like to have fast pacey wingers,with a bit of flair and decent in shooting and crossing. There is a wide choice, but would need championship standard, and cheap on the wages.
ST - I won't have the beast that is Sidibe next year, Although he will prob be on a free, He has deteriorated in stats a little bit, the last few weeks. I don't think he would be good enough for the next league up. Looking for a 20+ man if possible. DLP preferred. or Target man.
GK - Someone who can catch a ball preferred, Current keeper is 3 stars, so if I can get a 4 star in the team, that would be perfect. was thinking of going for ben amos(is 3 stars) again, Felt he did good job on previous loan spell, Not sure if champ standard though?
DM - Just some cover, Not got much backup in this area of the team, Someone who will probably be rotated for fitness.

So, any recommendations are appreciated.

NOTE: I'm not able to scout abroad, low waged loans is going to be more suitable. Tranmere doesn't have a great reputation I don't think. Latest patch.

Adryan if he still has his min free realsue clause just use installments hes a bargain for 775K
Doria is good for 550k if hes still there

I will check them out tonight, I'd prefer not to spend on instalments, but may have to, depending on the budget we get. I don't think i'll be allowed to scout them either.

Adryan if he still has his min free realsue clause just use installments hes a bargain for 775K
Doria is good for 550k if hes still there

You can't use instalments to activate release clauses can you? I don't use them much though, so I am probably wrong.

Either way, if he is using the latest patch Adryan's release clause has gone up to £17m... (And I doubt he'd sign for Tranmere rovers anyway)

I'm pretty sure I am on the latest patch. But like I mentioned, Sidibe was still at Stoke on my save, and he is actually meant to be at rovers on loan.

I will double check patch later when I get home.

You can't use instalments to activate release clauses can you? I don't use them much though, so I am probably wrong.

Either way, if he is using the latest patch Adryan's release clause has gone up to £17m... (And I doubt he'd sign for Tranmere rovers anyway)

i have done it mate but not for 17m i have not used the new update yet i done wellington nem in installments for 3.5 max

Yeah I'm on the latest patch.

With a limited budget I managed to secure signings like Milan Baros, Bradley Wright phillips and 1 or two others for backup. I grabbed Zat Knight and Andre Wisdom onloan as my defence is somewhere I need to improve on, since Goodison left as he is 40! and still playing international football! Crazy! I wonder who the actual oldest player in international football is. Also loaned Mesca again after he played well last year for me. I signed Sammy Ameobi aswell on loan. So was quite happy with the loans and players I got in.

Apart from wright-Phillips, who for some strange reason (Maybe a bug) won't go above 94% fitness. He has only played 4 games all season. Anyway, he had 4 very poor performances and my 18/19 year old Cole Stockton (I think) is much better and one that i'll be keeping hold of for a few seasons anyway. So released wright phillips in the end. As he was sitting on 4.5k wages and hadn't really done anything.

After 36 games played in the championship, we are sitting in 17th, 9 points clear of the drop, and only 9 points away from playoffs. Its quite tight. We have been hovering around 17/18 all season so been quite consistant in that respect. But had some good wins, beating hull who are top of the league, drawing with sunderland who were relegated. We have had an amazing cup run though. Well Fa Cup. We are in the 6th round after beating newcastle 2-0, A decent strengthed newcastle, plus I couldn't play two of my first 11, as they are on loan from newcastle. I have Derby in the next round, which is the best I could of picked on the teams remaining. It is away and we have had a draw and a loss against derby this season. But I'm confident we could ****** a win which would be amazing.

I'm hoping West Ham will let me buy Zat Knight for next season. He has been immense all season along side Wisdom, but have a feeling liverpool won't sell wisdom to me. I also need a top class striker but struggling to attract anyone. Had Sidibe last year and Milan Baros this year, which in all honesty are both average players. I'm hoping my board give me some funds next year so I can actually buy some players to build a team to challenge for playoffs or the title. I have a really good core of players who are original players, Max Power, James Wallace, fon Williams, Bell-Baggie, Bacayogo, Ash Taylor (spellings maybe incorrect). Majority of these are quite young aswell. They are definately championship standard, but not sure if they will manage it in the premier league. If i get that far.

Still a few games to go, plus FA cup if I get past Derby, but highly doubt I'll get any further after that. I got a job offer from Huddersfield with a 1.7m transfer budget. They are in league 1, but was sitting in 3rd. Was quite tempted, but decided my work at tranmere was still in progress so declined.

Not sure if this helps but im doing challenge mode [relegation] with portsmouth as i thought it old be good, not a perticular fan. Anyway managed to sign someone called Roland Linz 31 Austrian ST has 16 in COM, POS, PEN, HEAD, AND FIN single handedly saved the clb scoring 28 goals, fantastic as a poacher in a 442 form, would b great as a back up ST lol

Try Will Keane or Max Clayton. Can both play DLF and Poacher roles. Clayton also does the business from AML. Two Keepers that are decent are Sam Johnstone and Owain Fon Williams. I got all four of these on free signings at the start of third season.

I'm in 2020 now in the premier league after a couple of solid seasons here.

Owain fon Williams was my keeper from the start and have only recently replaced him with Butland. He is a good solid keeper who will do a job through championship and bottom half premiership teams. He is now my backup keeper but doesn't get many games.

I did almost sign max clayton at one point. think he accepted contract from another team. was a few seasons back.