vexvexius

Reaction score
I'm playing my third season with Lazio and so far I haven't been able to build a new stadium. Lotito (president) always says that we don't have money, but my finances are rich. Has anyone else succeded to build new stadium or at least started to plan building.

I've never done it myself but from what I hear you need to be seriously minted. I'm talking like £50+ million in the bank.

Last edited:
I think its because Lazio don't own the stadium and that they share with Roma will make it more difficult than for other clubs. Have you tried to expand the ground first? Stadio Olimpico holds about 70,000 are you currently selling out most games?

I can't expand stadium or buy it because it's not mine. Only thing I could do is to build a new one.

I can't expand stadium or buy it because it's not mine. Only thing I could do is to build a new one.

What option did you get when they rejected the request? I find the best reponse is "I feel we will be left behind by our rivals" tends to get them to agree. But a new ground will cost a fortune as to make it worthwhile it will have to be 90,000+ so unless you are selling out nearly every game and there is potential for more growth it won't be worth it.

The only option that I can make is to build a new stadium. I don't own this stadium, so I can't expand it, I can't buy it, I can't even relay a pitch. Only option is to build a new stadium. It's not important do I or do not sell out every game. I want to build a new stadium so I can have my own income from the staduim. Board always agrees with me that we should build a new staduim, but they can't afford it.

My only question is... How much bank balance do you have to have to be able to build a new stadium? I had almost 100 million euros, and board said that I can't afford to build a stadium.

I'm not entirely sure what it is in FM but I heard in real life its about £1 million per 1000 seats but again in FM that could be completely wrong. My guess would be that in FM the cost varies from club to club, country to country etc.

That said I do believe that Lazio are a PLC and the profits are divided between the shareholders which could be why they say they can't afford to build the stadium because the profits are going to the shareholders and not towards a new stadium. But this is just a thought, I don't know if that's why the keeping rejecting your requests.

The only option that I can make is to build a new stadium. I don't own this stadium, so I can't expand it, I can't buy it, I can't even relay a pitch. Only option is to build a new stadium. It's not important do I or do not sell out every game. I want to build a new stadium so I can have my own income from the staduim. Board always agrees with me that we should build a new staduim, but they can't afford it.

My only question is... How much bank balance do you have to have to be able to build a new stadium? I had almost 100 million euros, and board said that I can't afford to build a stadium.

There isn't a set amount you need in the bank its whether the board think its worthwhile and affordable. In your case as I said before they would need to build a large stadium with prob at least another 20,000 cap which would mean a new ground of about 90,000. This will cost a lot more than e100m prob more like e300m. However this isn't paid in full from your bank balance. The board will negotiate sponsorship to pay for some of it(the higher your rep the more sponsorship money you will get) and might take out a loan to pay for part of it. Somebody on another thread got a new ground for Arsenal and I think it cost more than £300m but they got money for their old ground as well to help which you of course won't.

FYI It is VERY IMPORTANT if you do or don't sell out most games the board won't agree to build a new ground (or expand existing ground) unless you are selling out most games - why would they

Last edited:
you can have 30 million USD in the bank and be considered "rich"

but that is nowhere near enough money to build a new stadium

There isn't a set amount you need in the bank its whether the board think its worthwhile and affordable. In your case as I said before they would need to build a large stadium with prob at least another 20,000 cap which would mean a new ground of about 90,000. This will cost a lot more than e100m prob more like e300m. However this isn't paid in full from your bank balance. The board will negotiate sponsorship to pay for some of it(the higher your rep the more sponsorship money you will get) and might take out a loan to pay for part of it. Somebody on another thread got a new ground for Arsenal and I think it cost more than £300m but they got money for their old ground as well to help which you of course won't.

FYI It is VERY IMPORTANT if you do or don't sell out most games the board won't agree to build a new ground (or expand existing ground) unless you are selling out most games - why would they

you are partially right. Bank account plays a big deal, but you will need to take out a large loan which will cover probably 75% of the cost. If it takes you 2-3 years to make 30 million profit, paying back a 300 million dollar loan is going to take a long time...which is why the bank refuses and the board say "they can't afford it"

There are a lot of factors that go into getting a new stadium. I wouldn't (and don't) ever bother with asking unless I feel like I'm in a very strong financial position and am putting a strong product on the field.