Building the Bobbies - An ambitious story !

ThePablo

Reaction score
I've been playing FM for a while now and not really enjoying it. I've tried various challenges but this may be my most ambitious yet!

I'm going to take charge of the Police Service of Northern Ireland (P.S.N.I). They currently play in the Northern Irish Championship 2 which is the third tier of Irish football.

Here is the brief background of the club:

PSNI Football Club is an intermediate, Northern Irish football club playing in NIFL Championship 2. The club is associated with the Police Service of Northern Ireland, and its home ground is Newforge Lane in Belfast.
It was founded in 1928 as RUC (Royal Ulster Constabulary)[1] and changed its name in 2002, following the change in the name of the police.
The club joined the Northern Amateur Football League in 1956 and became one of its leading clubs before being elevated to the Irish League B Division in 1975. The club stayed at this level until failing to gain a place in the reorganised and re-branded IFA Championship in 2008.
Although originally only serving members of the Police Service of Northern Ireland could play for the team, that rule no longer exists though many officers still turn out for team.

The aim of this challenge is to build a team making them a dominant domestic side. The long term goal is to be able to compete on the European front and continue winning domestic trophies. To make this a real challenge, I also have two rules to work by.

Rule 1 : I will only be using players who have came through our academy or youth systems. This is a long term project with the strategy of selling youth players on and investing the money back into the youth system. Any player who has also started from our youth system may also be signed back. Hopefully as a more mature player who has a good amount of experience and can tutor the upcoming youth players.

Rule 2: I will also being trying to improve the Irish game as a whole. To do this once I have talented young players I will look to give Irish League and also League of Ireland clubs the first option to buy and will reject offers for overseas. I will try and keep the transfer price low but claim a high sell on percentage hoping the player can fulfill full potential.

This will be a long term save and project and I?m not expecting instant success . The aim of the first season is to be competitive and also to learn our tactics. Over ten years the plan is to be a stable top half Premier League side at least. By the twenty year mark we will be hopefully in Europe and winning the domestic league. By twenty five ? thirty the aim is to have the best facilities possible and to be dominating domestically and having a good run at least through one of the European competitions (i.e In Europe after Christmas)

And with that out of the way , It?s on to the game itself!

Pre Season update :

I have released nearly all the first team players. A few were looking for too much compensation so I will sell them on a free transfer and one of my coaches is also a players. He will remain in the reserve squad at the moment.
We didnt have any youth players in our squad so I had to sign some greyed out players to build my first squad.

View attachment 407373

As you can see one player with real potential but we looking through the greyed out profiles I also found this player:
View attachment 407372 View attachment 407371
I think he will be club captain for this season as some of his mental attributes are amazing , aseptically for the age of him and the standard of league we play in.

Finally a look at our staff:

Ryan Carson : He will be important making sure we can bring in the highest quality youth players we can
View attachment 407370

Phil Millar - Our player coach - With no budget to improve our coaching we will have to make do
View attachment 407369

David Adams - The right hand man will help me to judge the youth team players as the filter through the club
View attachment 407368

Jackie Galbraith - The man with the sponge, hopefully won't be hearing much from him this season
View attachment 407367

Josh McAllister - Finally , Our head scout, I will keep him to find out more information on our upcoming opponents. Not really needed for anything else.
View attachment 407366

The squad are now in for pre season training and are looking ahead to these fixtures:
View attachment 407363

We managed to get away friendlies against two of the countries most successful teams Linfield and Glentoran. Also from these two games alone we will be taking in 1.5k in appearance money so that can hopefully start the kitty for improvements to the youth system. It will be a tough pre season for these young lads but there is a sense of optimism around the club. Hopefully a solid showing in the first half and then with the youth intake toward the second half of the season we can improve on any weaknesses.

End of Pre Season update :

After building a whole new squad of youth players it was finally time to get into the pre season games.

View attachment 407327

It wasn't a bad pre season considering the average age of my squad is just 16. I great draw away to Linfield who were match sharp after their European campaign. A lot of positives to take from these early matches.

Looking ahead to the league season we are predicted to finish 3rd. I would be extremely happy if we could achieve this but a top 5 finish is my aim for this season. We have a big squad which may be needed over the course of the season if hopefully we can get a good run in one of the cup competitions.

Hopefully given the exposure to first team football will also help develop the young players. All are signed on a non contract bases so they are not taking up any wage budget at the moment. After this season i will try and tie down a couple of key players on part time contracts to make sure we get some money from selling them on.

Any feedback/comments/requested/questions would be great ! Also any suggestions on how to make this story better !