jerry1994

Reaction score
attachment.php

CAPELLO FIRES PEARCE AS UNDER-21 MANAGER

26085.gif

In a brief statement today, England manager Fabio Capello has announced that the national Under-21 team manager, Stuart Pearce has been fired from his post, following a dismal Under-21 Championship qualification campaign which sees them lying in third place in what was considered an easy group. Capello has also identified a replacement for the post and the prospective manager has been approached

The England Under-21 team is considered as the starting point of a professional English national team career by many players and has risen in importance along with the Under-19 side.

Probable candidates to replace Pearce include Palermo manager Delio Rossi, Blackpool manager Ian Holloway and Sunderland manager Steve Bruce. Manchester United coach Rene Meulensteen and assistant manager Mike Phelan are also thought to be in contention

attachment.php

BRUCE ANNOUNCED AS ENGLAND UNDER-21 HEAD COACH

steve+bruce.jpg

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce has been announced as the new manager of the England Under-21 side. Capello is said to have been impressed by the Englishman's abilities in managing Sunderland, who have been doing well in recent years in the Premier League.

Steve Bruce said:
I am delighted to have been appointed as the manager of our Under-21 side. I will do my best to bring up talented players and make England the best in the world. I will, of course, continue to be with Sunderland too as I feel capable enough to handle both these duties.

Fabio Capello said:
I would like to welcome Steve with open arms and I'm looking forward to working with him

Bruce's first game in charge will be a European Under-21 Qualifier against the Faroe Islands Under-21s.