Jakey2303

Reaction score
I have spent countless hours trying to create a 'perfect football' tactic, with beautiful passing, effective pressing and world class goals.

However, I want to try something different. I want to be the next Tony Pulis. I want my players to be bullies on the pitch, kicking seven bells out of their opposition. I want my centre backs to fly in with sharpened elbows when challenging strikers. I want to play direct and physical and take the Pulis approach.

Is there any tips on how to do this, as I have struggled to find them on this site. Everyone on here seems to want to play the beautiful game in a beautiful way, I want to buck the trend.

Any ideas on tactics, players etc would be much appreciated!

Firstly, I would make sure to form a team full of players like the following.

-Strong Target Man, Defensive Forwards, DC Stoppers, Ballwinners, Defensive Wingers
These players should have high stats in stamina, strength, bravery, agression, jumping, work rate and ddeterminations I be able to actually stay on the pitch, they would need good stats in anticipation, tackling, marking and Decision.

Next is the actual approach. Here, I would flood the midfield, perhaps in a 4411, 451. Play with a high press and use specific marking using either the AMC/FC or DMC to " take out" opponent players that are their key players. The rest if the approach would be up to you but a a rigid Counter, direct would be a good start.

Well everything depends on where you want to win the ball. If it is middle of the pitch, then default tackling, with 3 midfield players and medium defensive line. To be closer to opponents, you will need to press them, so hassle opponents with man marking and tight marking. However, that will tire out your players, so you will need to play non counter attacking and with slow tempo, or otherwise you will concede after 60 minutes of the match.

If it is high up the pitch you want to win possession, I suggest using one of the 4231 formation variants, high defensive line, and more aggressive tackling. More pressing but with zonal marking, as your tempo will be high.