SamPeters

Reaction score
Burnley_FC_badge_2010.gif

I have decided to give Burnley a try and see what i can do with them, not the best of squads and not much to do money wise but will be interesting to see if i can keep them up and build on the club for a few years, i have already requested to improve the training and youth work and the board agreed with me so good to see that, any advice is welcome!

Also just to keep people updated, i will also be carrying on with my Brighton one as well so also give that a follow!

any advice is welcome!

I'm really enjoying your Brighton story but I'd love to see some more writing. I just find myself reading your Brighton story more for the progress of the save rather than your story telling. You could be telling someone the funniest joke but if you don't express it in the right way, they won't get the joke.

I'm really enjoying your Brighton story but I'd love to see some more writing. I just find myself reading your Brighton story more for the progress of the save rather than your story telling. You could be telling someone the funniest joke but if you don't express it in the right way, they won't get the joke.

Ok mate i'll see what i can do to change it

So i walk into my first day in the job and as i take training, I see some promising signs from the players but there was 1 player i was not impressed with and that was Matt Gilks so i pulled him aside to have a chat

SP: Matt, I am not impressed with you today, you need to pick it up if you ever want a chance at this club.

MG: WHAT! who are you to say for me to pick it up! You been in this job 5 minutes, I have been in football for 17 years and feel you should not tell me what to do!

SP: I am your manager so i will tell you what to do and if you don't like it then you can leave I do not want anyone at this club who do not want to try and work with me and if i can not sell you then you can sit in the reserves!

So with that he is now on the Transfer List, it will be difficult to sell as he only joined in the summer but i am already looking at replacements, now i just need to see.

I will do little side stories like this when it comes to things like Transfers, Staff news, Board meetings but the results of the month will be its own post each time

TRANSFER NEWS!
2676788.jpg
kuszczak-12.2.13-lead229-652420_478x359.jpg

Today we sit here alongside our two new signings who have both come in as Free Transfers
Chris Eagles and Tomasz Kuszczak!

SP: I am delighted to be sitting here alongisde my two new signings

Press: What was the reasoning for theses two signings when some may say they are not better than what you already have?

SP: I disagree with that completely, both theses signings will boost this squad

Chris Eagles was brought in as we needed another Wide player and he will put up a great fight with Kightly for the place in the team

Tomasz Kuszczak will be a great addition as we needed a good goalkeeper to fight Heaton for the starting spot as i said before about Gilks going and Tomasz fit that spot

Press: But what does this mean for your budget? will you have to move a couple players on to make up for this?

SP: that could be a possibility but we will see what happens

Good to see someone start a save with my hometown team and The Eagle Has returned :)

TRANSFER NEWS!!!
933_1357439507_showimg.jpg

Adama Guidiala on a free transfer! after his release from F.C. Internazionale this summer

Press: Today you sit here alongside your new signing, how do you feel?

SP: I feel Adama is a great player and will become a big force here for the new few years.

Press: You mentioned about him being young, did you have the new few years in mind when bringing in Adama Guidiala?

SP: Oh yes of course but he will also be featuring around the first team when i can, mainly may start Cup games but if performance in training is good then he may feature more and more in the league

Press: Was you surprised about F.C. Internazionale releasing him?

SP: Yes because i feel he has the potential for great things and i hope we give him the platform to do that!

TRANSFER NEWS!
levi-ives283-1852021_231x264.jpg

Levi Ives signs from Torquay United for a fee of £78,000

Press: Another signing today and another young prospect, how do you feel about securing the signing?

SP: I am delighted Levi has chosen us as his big career move.

Press: Like with Adama, will Levi feature much in the first team?

SP: I would like to and like Adama, i can see Levi playing more in the Cup games while he continues his development here.

Press: Do you think other players may be getting worried about their own place in the squad?

SP: No i do not feel it will have that impact at all, if anything it will give the players more reason to show me why they deserve their place

STAFF CHANGES!

I thought i would keep you updated as we have brought some new staff into the club

312247-2.jpg

Steve Davis returns to Burnley and will be a coach to the first team

1762.jpg

Eddie Presland has signed with us and will be a scout

9k=

Colin Harvey will also be on the scouting team

51jul10charlton1.jpg

Niall Clark joins as a Fitness Coach

814302335-261020111638171.jpg

Mark Sertori will join the club as a Physio for the Under 18's

images

Thomas Hitzlsperger will join the club as a coach for the Under 18's

0,,10362~8175905,00.jpg

Kelham O'Hanlon will join the club as a Goalkeeping Coach for the first team

292742_1.jpg

Dwight Yorke will join the club as an Assistant Manager for the Under 18's!

TRANSFER NEWS!
images

Humam Tariq joins from Al-Quwa Al-Jawiya for a fee of £250,000

Press: Today you sit here alongside your latest signing, how do you feel with the capture of Mr. Tariq?

SP: I am delighted to have secured the signing of Humam Tariq and will be a great player in years to come!

Press: Will he feature for you this season?

SP: Straight answer is NO, he failed a work permit so we will look to send him out on loan so then we can hopefully use him here at Burnley Football Club

Press: So you pressed forward with this signing with a chance that he might not play for you?

SP: It is a risk worth taking in my opinion and i am sure it will all get worked out!

CLUB NEWS!

Today we announce the club that we have linked up with as a feeder club and that club is.....
ColU-badge.jpg

Colchester United!

There was also an option of Southend United and Port Vale but Colchester have the better training and youth facilities out of the 3 so my players would develop better there than the other two

Pre-Season 2014

Transfers
ifqtqf.jpg

Fixtures
2ztj1i0.jpg

Overall

Transfers
Well from what you see i could not find Gilks another club to transfer him to so i made the decision of releasing him from his contract and Humam Tariq has gone to France for a season of development and also to try sort out this Work Permit issue!

Fixtures
Ok this was not the best Pre-Season, some disappointing results but i am hoping that means they will save their full efforts for the league ahead!

BIG CLUB NEWS!
774199-2.jpg

Kevin Long has signed a new 5 year contract!

And

Burnley+v+Nottingam+Forest+Capital+One+Cup+2w74yUNqNKyl.jpg

Danny Ings has signed a new 3 year deal keeping him here until 2017!

I am delighted with both players signing new contacts, especially Danny Ings! these two are key to the future of the club so it was great to tie them down to new deals

August 2014

Transfers
35k3edx.jpg

Fixtures
68a7mw.jpg

Team Competitions
Barclays Premiership: 16th
2dkc139.jpg

Capital One Cup: 3rd Round vs Sunderland
FA Cup: Not Yet Entered

Player Stats
Top Goalscorer: Danny Ings - 4
Most Assists: Kevin Long - 2
Most Man of the Matches: Ross Wallace + Danny Ings - 1
Yellow Cards: Kevin Trippier - 1
Red Cards: None
Top Rating: Ross Wallace - 7.40

Overall

Transfers
So there was no new signings made but I am still happy with the deals we made this summer

Barclays Premiership
A slow start to the season but we should have really beat both Manchester United and West Bromwich Albion but we conceded late goals in both games but I am sure we have what it takes to stay up

Capital One Cup
It took extra time to knock Sheffield Wednesday but we got the job done which was the main thing

My Player of the Month
ross-wallace113-1820907_231x264.jpg

Ross Wallace
He has had a great start to the season which included the opening goal of the season for us after only 2 minutes against Manchester United and then followed that up with one against West Bromwich Albion and it will now give me a selection headache as George Boyd has just come back from injury so I will have to see how the selection next month will go

Solid start to the season, getting a draw against Manchester United is never a bad thing as a newly promoted team and shows that your squad do have quite a bit of fight in them which is going to be important if they want to stay up.

September 2014

Fixtures
fm6m1z.jpg

Team Competitions
Barclays Premiership: 15th
w7d5vm.jpg

Capital One Cup: 4th Round vs Manchester United

Player Stats
Top Goalscorer: Danny Ings - 5
Most Assists: Kevin Long - 3
Most Man of the Matches: Dean Marney + Ross Wallace + Danny Ings - 1
Yellow Cards: Jason Shackell + George Boyd + Kieran Trippier + Kevin Long - 1
Top Rating: Ross Wallace - 7.11

Overall

Barclays Premiership
Considering the teams we played this month, to come away with 3 points out of the 9 was great and I am delighted that we have picked up our first win in the league but the next month is going to be very tough once again so we may struggle to pick up points in October

Capital One Cup
It went to penalties but in reality it should not have considering we was 2-0 up but I am delighted we have gone through and now we are set with a tough tie against Manchester United

My Player of the Month
2Q==

Ben Mee
He has had a composed month at the back for us and has played in both Left Back and Centre back positions which he will be vital to us this season as he can slip into either position and have a good game

Club News!
185856869-(2)-461736.jpg

Victor Valdes has come to Burnley on a 4 week trial!

"I decided we need another goalkeeper and with Valdes being on a free and just coming back from injury, I decided he could build up his fitness up here and hopefully try to work on a deal."

Will be trying a new layout with results which will feature the starting line up for us each game, give me feedback people!

October 2014
Barclays_Premiership_logo_(shield).jpg

Sunderland AFC 1-2 Burnley

(4-2-3-1) Starting 11: Kuszczak, Keane, Chalobah, Shackell (C), Mee, Jones (Arfield - Half Time), Marney, Kightly (Eagles - Half Time), Boyd, Wallace (Taylor - Half Time), Ings

Subs Not Used: Reid, Duff, Jutkiewicz, Sordell

Goalscorers: Scott Arfield - 66 Minutes, Chris Eagles - 82 Minutes

Man of the Match: Scott Arfield

Manager Comments: I was delighted with this win and glad that both of our subs were the ones to pick up the goals today, we beat them in the Capital One Cup 2 weeks back so was hoping for the win today so it was great!

Burnley 1
-1 Arsenal

(4-2-3-1) Starting 11: Heaton, Reid (Chalobah - Half Time), Duff, Shackell (C), Mee (Taylor - 59 Minutes), Arfield, Marney, Eagles (Barnes - 59 Minutes), Wallace, Ings

Subs Not Used: Jones, Boyd, Jutkiewicz, Sordell

Goalscorers: Danny Ings - 22 Minutes

Man of the Match:
Xherdan Shaqiri

Manager Comments: A great draw here for us today! we showed the big teams once again that we are not a team to be taken lightly this season! I was also delighted to welcome Ashley Barnes back from injury for today

Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Burnley

(4-2-3-1) Starting 11: Heaton, Reid (Duff - 59 Minutes), Long, Shackell (C), Mee, Chalobah, Marney, Kightly (Boyd - 59 Minutes), Barnes (Eagles - Half Time), Wallace, Ings

Subs Not Used: Ward, Jones, Arfield, Sordell

Goalscorers: Ross Wallace - 3 Minutes, Dean Marney - 46 Minutes

Manager Comments: What an amazing result here and the great run continues! I was not expecting this result but the team pulled together and can be very proud of themselves
3558d1339677558-capital-one-cup-round-1-draw-0-10335-10937830-00.jpg

4th Round
Burnley 0
-1 Manchester United

(4-2-3-1) Starting 11: Kuszczak, Chalobah, Shackell (C), Mee, Ward, Jones, Marney (Arfield - Half Time), Guidiala (Kightly - 60 Minutes), Boyd, Wallace (Eagles - Half Time), Sordell

Subs Not Used: Duff, Taylor, Jutkiewicz, Ings

Goalscorers: None

Manager Comments: Well we are out of the competiton, I am not too disappointed as we put up a great fight but now we can focus on our bid to stay up this season!

Team Competitions
Barclays Premiership: 11th
546npz.jpg

Capital One Cup: Knocked Out in 4th Round by Manchester United

Player Stats
Top Goalscorer: Danny Ings - 6
Most Man of the Matches: Ross Wallace - 2
Yellow Cards: Ben Mee - 2
Top Rating: Dean Marney - 7.11

My Player of the Month
dean-marney113-1820974_231x264.jpg

Dean Marney
He has had a nice month here and I hope it will continue!

November 2014

Burnley 0
-4 Chelsea

(4-2-3-1) Starting 11: Heaton - Trippier, Long, Shackell, Mee - Arfield, Marney (Jones - Half Time) - Kightly (Eagles - 62 Minutes), Barnes (Boyd - 62 Minutes), Wallace - Ings

Subs Not Used: Reid, Duff, Jutkiwicz, Sordell

Goalscorers:

Man of the Match:
Gary Cahill

Manager Comments: A big defeat today as expected and hopefully we can bounce back from this quickly!

QPR 1-1 Burnley

(4-4-2) Starting 11: Kuszczak - Trippier, Shackell, Mee, Ward - Chalobah, Arfield, Kightly (Eagles - 64 Minutes), Wallace (Boyd - 64 Minutes) - Barnes (Jutkiewicz - Half Time), Ings

Subs Not Used: Reid, Duff, Marney, Sordell

Goalscorers: Lukas Jutkiewicz - 69 Minutes

Man of the Match: Scott Arfield

Manager Comments: A pretty even match here today so can not complain about the result and it was great to see Jutkiewicz get a goal!

Burnley 1
-1 Southampton

(4-4-2) Starting 11: Heaton - Trippier, Long, Shackell, Mee - Chalobah (Arfield - Half Time), Marney, Eagles (Boyd - 62 Minutes), Wallace - Ings, Barnes (Sordell - 62 Minutes)

Subs Not Used: Ward, Duff, Kuszczak, Jutkiewicz

Goalscorers: Ross Wallace - 2 Minutes

Man of the Match: Kieran Trippier

Manager Comments: We was so close to a great victory but they equalised right at the end of the game but its still a good point but it does feel like 2 points lost

Swansea 2-0 Burnley

(4-4-2) Starting 11: Kuszczak - Long, Shackell, Mee, Ward - Chalobah (Arfield - 78 Minutes),Marney, Kightly, Wallace (Boyd - 78 Minutes) - Ings (Jutkiewicz - 78 Minutes), Barnes

Subs Not Used: Lafferty, Duff, Jones, Eagles

Goalscorers:

Man of the Match:
Nathan Dyer

Manager Comments: I was disappointing in us today as we only had 2 shots in the whole game! I am not surprised we lost to Swansea but just wished we had shown more fight in the match

Team Competitions
Barclays Premiership: 15th
23t46r8.jpg

Capital One Cup: Knocked Out in 4th Round by Manchester United

Player Stats
Top Goalscorer: Danny Ings - 6
Most Man of the Matches: Ross Wallace + Scott Arfield - 2
Yellow Cards: Ben Mee - 3
Top Rating: Ben Mee - 7.02

Overall

I feel this month went how I expected it to, it is going to be a long hard season but I am sure we will have what it takes to stay up

My Player of the Month
Ben+Mee+Burnley+v+Queens+Park+Rangers+Sky+At3C0BUvfKkl.jpg

Ben Mee
Playing at both Left Back and Center Back this month, despite the goals that went in, he still had a good month!