Burnley's 'Megson' Up for the Chop?

eddlad

Reaction score
BRIAN LAWS is on the brink of the sack at Burnley after just 10 league games in charge.
Clarets chiefs feel they have made a big error in appointing Laws, who has won just one, drawn one and lost EIGHT.

That disastrous run of form has plunged the club into the drop zone.

They are three points off fourth-bottom Wolves, who beat Burnley 2-1 at Turf Moor on Saturday.

And the Clarets have played a game more than some of their major rivals.

They also went out of the FA Cup in the fourth round to Championship side Reading.

Former Sheffield Wednesday boss Laws, 48, signed a 2½-year contract on January 13 after Owen Coyle left for Bolton.

But following the Wolves defeat, chairman Barry Kilby decided it was time to act.

The Clarets are already in the process of looking for a replacement who can save them in their remaining eight games.

Burnley, who have earned just one point in 15 away games this season, travel to Wigan on Saturday and entertain East Lancashire enemies Blackburn on Sunday week.

And their tough run-in includes home clashes with Champions League chasers Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham.

Fellow strugglers Hull City fired Phil Brown on Monday.

Fans already starting to turn on the man they didn't want in the first place.

The way things have went this season i would not be shocked if he did go. Was not the best appointment in the first place.

Who would you get through?

IMO it would be silly to sack him now, if we couldn't (or more likely wouldn't pay for a half decent manager) attract someone in the mould of Warnock, or even prise Grayson away from League One Leeds, when we were above the relegation zone and the transfer window was open, what chance have we now?

Brian Laws is a terrible manager, the decision to sign him in the first place was stupid.. I think this kind of seels Burnley's fate, any minuscule chance of survival has probably been crushed now, same as Hull. Neither side has the quality to compete in the EPL anyway.

i think Laws needs to be given time. he was appointted on the probality they where going down. he is a lower league manager so let him manage there

i think Laws needs to be given time. he was appointted on the probality they where going down. he is a lower league manager so let him manage there

Well obviously not otherwise he'd still have a job lol

He hasnt been sacked yetoO)

Sorry I just assumed from "The Clarets are already in the process of looking for a replacement who can save them in their remaining eight games."

Sorry I just assumed from "The Clarets are already in the process of looking for a replacement who can save them in their remaining eight games."

this is dirct from the Sun newspaper. so not really that reliable either.

he never was the right man, but relegation seems a certainty anyway. may as well stick with him til the summer.