Busiest ever?

ajw

Reaction score
Is this the busiest the site has ever been?? With 09 out all the threads, especially the 09 ones obv, seem crazy. And some people are actually posting more than once.

Just wondering, don't think I've seen it like this in a long loooong time (H)

meh its more of an annoyance tbh.

Theres not really any extra posts in the forums I post in its all just n00bs asking the same annoying fm09 questions over and over and i dont play fm 09 :p

Busiest it's been in a while but back in the day it was more active.

*edit* Yep the statistics agree with me too...

Only two days from the past week in the top 20 most posts.
iav56k8v3lj2sya1nlws.jpg

Last edited:
Like Greg said alot of the threads are plain annoying because it's just the same ****** questions with errors that never happen to normal people :p

I am alos sick of reading threads to find one word answers like 'lol' or thanks

some of the members are making decent posts though.

It's funny there is decent sized threads with nothing but n00bs posting on them

I'm very happy. It means all my hard work on FM-Base over the past month or so has worked and actually managed to make FM-Base popular again :D

Managed 9000 unique visitors yesterday which I think is pretty impressive as for the last few months before that it averaged at about 200-800.

View attachment 2761

Last edited:

Theres not really any extra posts in the forums I post in its all just n00bs asking the same annoying fm09 questions over and over and i dont play fm 09 :p

Well that's an incredibly positive way of promoting discussion in the forums. :O
There might be a few strange questions being answered but you will never sustain regular contributors with the kind of attitude you are displaying.
Are you 12? Are these forums exclusive to you?

Kris, as a 'moderator', shouldn't your job be monitoring the forums to root out one word replies to threads?? I can not believe a moderator would talk about new forum members in such a juvenile way.
People having problems with a game we enjoy playing should be something we are trying to solve. It shouldn't be point and laugh ethics if we want more people to enjoy the game, hence putting more money into SI and making our game better?? As problems are ironed out and thought provoking threads are created more often, the member list will grow and the 'stupid' questions will start to appear less often.

Sean should be congratulated on bringing people in, I have no idea what the rest of you are going on about.

meh.

Ive been here since I was 12 if that counts (well 13 but doesnt fit in as well with the comeback :p)

I was jsut being annoying, i dont think im scaring off any good posters. The thing I like about fmbase is that its a small group of dedicated posters with the occsioanl good member joining (you yourself seem promising :)) But att he moment its flooded with peopel aksing the same questions over and over when they could just use the search feature and find out.

Although I have helped anyone whos went to the toruble of coming on the fmbase chatroom and would definitly be posting more with the new members if i played fm 09 as i could offer better help.

As for Seans work, hes a lazy sod. He has the odd burst of activity every 6 months or so but thats it. Its the main posters like me, kris, sam, lee, ajw etc that keep the forums going

meh.

Ive been here since I was 12 if that counts (well 13 but doesnt fit in as well with the comeback :p)

Although I have helped anyone whos went to the toruble of coming on the fmbase chatroom and would definitly be posting more with the new members if i played fm 09 as i could offer better help.

As for Seans work, hes a lazy sod. He has the odd burst of activity every 6 months or so but thats it. Its the main posters like me, kris, sam, lee, ajw etc that keep the forums going

;) I had it all wrong, Sean's the lazy one hey?

I understand where you're coming from but as a new member it was disheartening to read two regular contributors talking in such a way. All good.(H)

Man, You Suck...
How can you tell this, i can't understan...

I understand where they are coming from. So many threads about the exact same topic. If they take an extra 10 seconds before posting they'll have their answer already most of the time. But not much we can do about that, will die down soon though.

;) I had it all wrong, Sean's the lazy one hey?

I understand where you're coming from but as a new member it was disheartening to read two regular contributors talking in such a way. All good.(H)

And yeah Sean is the lazy one. Everybody knows that I'm the real brains behind everything. (wh)

I'm sure Kris is enjoying all the new people around really.. stops people remembering how much of a newb he can be too. ;)

I'm sure Kris is enjoying all the new people around really.. stops people remembering how much of a newb he can be too. ;)

;)
The comments make a little more sense after that, cheers Lee.

Well that's an incredibly positive way of promoting discussion in the forums. :O
There might be a few strange questions being answered but you will never sustain regular contributors with the kind of attitude you are displaying.
Are you 12? Are these forums exclusive to you?

Kris, as a 'moderator', shouldn't your job be monitoring the forums to root out one word replies to threads?? I can not believe a moderator would talk about new forum members in such a juvenile way.
People having problems with a game we enjoy playing should be something we are trying to solve. It shouldn't be point and laugh ethics if we want more people to enjoy the game, hence putting more money into SI and making our game better?? As problems are ironed out and thought provoking threads are created more often, the member list will grow and the 'stupid' questions will start to appear less often.

Sean should be congratulated on bringing people in, I have no idea what the rest of you are going on about.

Sorry if i have caused you some offence but it was my opinion on how the site has been the last week or two and i think it's fairly accurate. I was not directly insulting you or anyone else, I thought i had a fair point about the one word posters it's just spam and nobody ever wants to read a thread hoping to hear other peoples thoughts etc to find lol or thanks.I cannot go about deleting all the one word answers and warning members that are never going to return it's a waste of time and effort.

Like i said in my comment there has been a few good members who seem to be sticking about and making good posts, We are not having a go because people are joining because most of us have been crying out for Sean to advertise the site for months and i am glad it's busy.

Pfft whatever Gregor. I am the heart and sould of this website. Running it for 6 years now pretty much alone. True I have some very inactive periods but I make up for it when the site needs it. (H)

pfft Sean i have put my hard earned wages into helping this site :D

I guess you deserve a medal, an amazing turnaround in vistors, prob because fm-base is the 4th fan site on the new games credits.

pfft Sean i have put my hard earned wages into helping this site :D

I guess you deserve a medal, an amazing turnaround in vistors, prob because fm-base is the 4th fan site on the new games credits.

Yup every donation has been very helpful as I don't have any money myself lol.

Well actually I'm sure FM-Base was right at the top on the previous versions of FM as well.

I've gotta agree with what Kris and Gregor have said about the multiple threads on the same topic. It's really annoying when you come on and see at the top 89 new posts etc... Then you click it and find more than half of them are new threads asking exactly the same questions as others, or threads full of lols and thanks's (not a word I know)

If people took 10 seconds from their "hectic schedules" and pressed search, the forums would look a lot cleaner and better presented. (I'm not saying their looking **** atm Sean, looks much better than before) but they will be if people keep posting so many pointless threads.

DanielJack - You do seem to be one of the rare ones that will stick around and post, but I think (I don't know if anyone else does) from reading the posts you make, that you seem to think you're better than everyone else. I say this because when someone asks a simple question, and yeah they might be noobs, but instead of just pointing them in the direction of an answer you post a paragraph on how they should know these things and how they are completely inadequate compared to yourself.

That's just my opinion.

Last edited:
DanielJack - You do seem to be one of the rare ones that will stick around and post, but I think (I don't know if anyone else does) from reading the posts you make, that you seem to think you're better than everyone else. I say this because when someone asks a simple question, and yeah they might be noobs, but instead of just pointing them in the direction of an answer you post a paragraph on how they should know these things and how they are completely inadequate compared to yourself.

That's just my opinion.

Fair's fair. Newcastle are rubbish. ;)

You don't have to read what I write buddy, that's just my opinion.
Mind you, I do not think I am better than anyone in a forum. It was only two days ago, however, that one of my posts inspired Kris (i think) to start a new game.

Chill out mate. Views are views.

Last edited: