Reaction score
Hey so I am playing as Chelsea and developing all the great talent I have. Romeu has a 21m buy-back clause with Barcelona. I hve currently managed to raise Romeu's value to 18.75m, and I am scared Barca will buy him back as soon as he hits his full CA, because he has been playing lights out for me, avg 7.7 over the whole season. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the clause, or should I just sell him now? Young players who perform well always sell above their value

Hey so I am playing as Chelsea and developing all the great talent I have. Romeu has a 21m buy-back clause with Barcelona. I hve currently managed to raise Romeu's value to 18.75m, and I am scared Barca will buy him back as soon as he hits his full CA, because he has been playing lights out for me, avg 7.7 over the whole season. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the clause, or should I just sell him now? Young players who perform well always sell above their value

offer him a new contract and remove that clause in the new one :) simple

You might want to check in your transfers clauses tab and see if you are able to buy the clause from barcelona, though im not sure if it will be reflected in the first place though.

eg. (xx team will be due $600k after 50 goals; buyout fee $450k) or something like that.

otherwise, i doubt you can do anything about it.

edit: set his asking price to 100m. since barcelona is controlled by the ai, its unlikely they will make a bid of exactly 21m. in fact, i dont think they'll even bid at all. :)

Last edited:
my apologies :) you are correct! been a long day.

I have also wondered how you can "buyout" these clauses, anyone know?