Buy bad one or retrain good one?

majkl22

Reaction score
Hi guys,
just thinking, when I need for example left defender, is it better to retrain good right back to the left side or to buy natural left back but with worse attributes? Of course I take into account right/left foot and so on.. but naturally retrained player will not reach his full potential on the new position.. so should take it really individually or are there any other ideas? I dont know CA/PA of the players and I dont want to know.. so it is very hard to solve these kinds of problems..
Thanks

Why don't you buy a good natural left-back with good attributes?

Why don't you buy a good natural left-back with good attributes?
He might not be able to afford it.

@thread
I would suggest retraining if you are short on cash and have enough back up for the right defender position. If you don't have enough to cover right-back then by all means get a new left-back.

Yes, I forgot to tell that I have not much money, so I can afford to buy just an average back..

Ok, well I don't know how he'll be in your season but see if you can pick up Atila Turan, he's young and cheap but has great prospects as a left-back.

Hope that helps.

1) try loaning a Left back for x amount of months for cover until you can afford to buy a good one!
2) buy a left back
3) retraining is a good idea, it will hamper that players development and training however (dont waste a good Right back just for cover, rather spend the money and let them develop naturally)
4) well it depends on how much worse the Lb attributes are and how long the RB takes to become (at minimum) Accomplished as a Lb...

you dont want to have an idiot at left back, rather have a Comepetent good right back instead! also depends on the level of your league and team!

so to answer your question...

Buy a natural left back, you will (by law) get better average ratings from a Natural player.. but if you cannot find a decent/good Lb to buy, do yourself a favour and retraing your Right Back for cover

Thanks Raikan, I play with Nottingham Forest and after some sales and broken transfers it was close to have a blank position in the starting line-up. I retrained Chris Gunter and he had left back position accomplished in a few days. But in the end I managed to get Jlloyd Samuel for a season on loan, he's quite dependable 8-|

Last edited: