Prakamos

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience asking the board to purchase a rental stadium - namely, values involved.
The stadium I currently play in has a 35.000 seat capacity which, to be honest, I'm nowhere near close to filling, and the rent is rather low (170k per annum), but I still think it'd be important to purchase it, and possibly a boost to the club's standing.

I've actually asked the board to buy the stadium, and they accepted. They're currently 'planning', but I see no reason for it not to be completed.

Although, if you aren't filling the place up, asking them to buy because of 'a feel-good atmosphere' would probably be your best option.
The effect of doing so, however, is unknown to me. It just might be that you get a larger attendance...

I asked using the "feel-good" option and they accepted, planning has actually started so will see what happens come end of season. Hopefully not another disappointment like I had last season with lack of funds to complete the youth facilities upgrade.

I asked using the "feel-good" option and they accepted, planning has actually started so will see what happens come end of season. Hopefully not another disappointment like I had last season with lack of funds to complete the youth facilities upgrade.

Well it does say that they will buy the stadium 'when opportunity arises', so you might want to keep an eye on your finances.
And by that I mean you probably will need quite positive balance indeed.

yeah, I also had this thing with youth facilities, but now I have money and the club is upgrading them.

I asked to expand the stadium, because it was 97% full, but the board rejected that, and decided to install under soil heating instead :mad:

Hopefully not another disappointment like I had last season with lack of funds to complete the youth facilities upgrade.
It's very annoying, I've had the same and when I ask again the board has to plan it again for a whole season. It's not like they had planned it for a season already.

It's very annoying, I've had the same and when I ask again the board has to plan it again for a whole season. It's not like they had planned it for a season already.

Couldn't agree more. We should probably have an option between cancelling a request altogether or merely putting it on hold until finances are sufficient.