Buying and Selling the same player same season

donkarlito

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has every bought someone and then sold them in the same season

yer klose for a free transfer (very old) scored a goal every 2 games sold to a.madrid for 5million in january transfer window

on 2009 I bought marquinhos from internacionale for Leeds when i got them into the premiership for around 4.5m. He scored 20 goals in 20 games but then my board accepted a 30m bid from Real Madrid and he left. My heart was broken!

Last edited:
Yes, it is possible to sell in the same year, I've done it a few times. But it's near to impossible to do it in the same transfer window.

Also, buying 6 months after a player moved seems much more harder then selling.

What im saying is getting a player on free then selling to make a 5m profit doesnt sound bad could be a good idea to make money

on 2019 I bought marquinhos from internacionale for Leeds when i got them into the premiership for around 4.5m. He scored 20 goals in 20 games but then my board accepted a 30m bid from Real Madrid and he left. My heart was broken!

£24m profit puts mine to shame :(

how about buying a player that didnt turn out how you expected then selling. I understand selling for profit

I usually sign player on free, give him backup or rotation status, after while i tell him that his aproach in training is bad, then, I tell him that im putting him on transfer list cuz of training. I earn about 15 mil every year :) my loyality to a player sucks tho XD

Ive never bought a player and sold them in the same season but. I signed Michael Owen on a Free Transfer in July and released him again just after January

I usually sign player on free, give him backup or rotation status, after while i tell him that his aproach in training is bad, then, I tell him that im putting him on transfer list cuz of training. I earn about 15 mil every year :) my loyality to a player sucks tho XD

Will that effect your manager points

Yup, that's a nice thing to do, but one should be very careful about the wage/transfer fee ratio.
You don't want to actually pay the player more than you'll earn from selling him.

Though those players are also good for backup, and sometimes even when you don't have a profit (but not a loss either) it's worth it...

In a game i play at my mate's house, he is Arsenal and i'm Man United.

In January of the first season my mate signed Andrea Poli for 14mil - a couple of weeks later he signed Melo from Juve and Poli got upset that there was too much competition. My mate told Poli he was the boss and they fell out. The following day Poli requests a transfer. My mate was livid but i offered him a solution, a 10mil offer, which he accepted. Before the end of the January window Poli was a Man United player after playing 3 games for Arsenal.

Unfotunately, as Poli had already played for two different clubs and players are not allowed to play for more than two clubs in the same season, i couldn't play him until the charity shield in august

Ouch unlucky triv.... :(

is there a way of offering a player without getting them up upset i bought player and ac milan are interested and i wont to test them and see if they willing to pay double what i paid