Buying New Laptop, What will run FM best?

redbeef

Reaction score
Hi All.

I need to buy a new laptop for uni work etc, but I really want to get something that will run FM at a very good speed.

Im not too grand with pc's, and not too sure what is what. Im got about £400/£500 to spend.

What do I need to make sure the laptop has to make sure FM runs well? And what brands are best?

Cheers all.

G.

Last edited:
Only 2 things matter, and that's the processer speed which determines how fast information and data is processed, such as match results etc. The other thing is the Ram, but again that's dependent on how many programs you have open whilst you play. If it's a lot you should get at least 4gb ram. I'd say AMD athlon's are better built than pentiums to handle FM so a Toshiba Satellite will probably be tthe best option for you.

Only 2 things matter, and that's the processer speed which determines how fast information and data is processed, such as match results etc. The other thing is the Ram, but again that's dependent on how many programs you have open whilst you play. If it's a lot you should get at least 4gb ram. I'd say AMD athlon's are better built than pentiums to handle FM so a Toshiba Satellite will probably be tthe best option for you.
Don't listen to this. They are not the only things that matter. A discreet graphics card is important if you want to watch your matches in 3d. Also you need to be sure other users have not had problems with the model in question (overheating, poor screen res ect. ect.). Battery life and screen resolution may also be important to you.
Secondly AMD is not better than Intel and Toshiba is not a good brand.

I can't really make a recommendation for you since I don't live in the UK, so I don't know the pricing and where to get good deals ect.

Hi All.

I need to buy a new laptop for uni work etc, but I really want to get something that will run FM at a very good speed.

Im not too grand with pc's, and not too sure what is what. Im got about £400/£500 to spend.

What do I need to make sure the laptop has to make sure FM runs well? And what brands are best?

Cheers all.

G.
i have a toshiba satelitte L300D and has no problems running fm2011 just got a cooling fan under it though as it gets hot FAST!!!

I've got an Advent Roma 2000. Beast for FM11, fast, lets you view in 3D, good resolution screen. Only thing is the battery life is **** poor.

save up and get a macbook. better than any windows based laptop and will last much longer before it slows down

i have an acer aspire i bought 4 months ago with these specs:
i5 430m processor
4gb ram
1gb dedicated graphics card

its great, i always have fm + firefox and a couple of other things running and never slows, never heats up. the i5 processor is awesome and thats just the 430m, you can get 450m and 540m which are faster for not too much more. with 1gb graphics i can watch in 3d, but you could prob get away with 512mb dedicated. bought it for £500 pretty good deal