dzunglv

Reaction score
So I start this thread today because i often see everyone gets players with higher price than me. All of the deals below are in my Man utd saves (I have start as Man utd for 3 times, FM version 12.0.4). I just want to share. I believe most of you have sometimes grabbed them even cheaper.

Fellaini Ex with Cleverley (1st season)
Hulk Ex with F. Macheda (1st)
Mbia Ex with M.Diouf (1st)
Sakho 17.25 mil (1st)
Ramsey 21 mil (2nd)
Kameni 2.4 mil (2nd)
Nicolas Gaitan 2.9 mil (2nd)
Stegen Marc-Andre 9 mil (3rd)
Papadoupolous Kyriakos 9m (3rd)

Azpilicueta Ex with M.Diouf (1st)
Niang Mbaye 2.5mil (2nd)
Hulk 13mil (2nd)
Hazard 30 mil (2nd)
And many other cases but i don't make real offer because i already have enough players for my team (Marko marin, leandro, pato, sergio busquest...)

I have my way to buy them cheaply, and it does not work everytime (still get cavani for 27 mil, Jovetic for 27mil, Hazard for 36 mil...) but most of the time i want to make it cheap. I don't know if all you have known it, so i just want to share:

For exchanging, I transfer-lists no-needed players when the transfer window is opened. It will be easier with the players with lower wages for the new club to offer contracts. I think it is harder for them to sign the player because they do not intend to buy him at first place. So, after the player is transfer-listed, there maybe some interested clubs (major and minor). You go into their squad, look for the target and make the exchanging offer. Your player who they want will appear in the bottom (unless there is bid for him at that time, make sure you reject all other bids). Make the non-negotiated offers. With luck and then the interested club agrees to exchange. If you really want the deal to come true, reject all other offers for your player. Talk to him that you want him to leave, he is no longer needed for your club:( He stands by what he said :( after one day, talk to him again to see his concern. Try to make him happy to leave which will not harm your squad's morale much. It takes a few days and also luck, and you will receive the result.

For buying player with a cheaper price, I often have a list of my favor-stars. Shortlist and subscribe them. Hire the best scout you can to check their price frequently. Do it right because checking too often will attracts other clubs into him, which increases his price. You may talk about him to the press to make him love you, but not in the hard period of your season, it makes your players at the same position unhappy. I also subscribe many teams and many leagues to update my list of the signing-new-deal and unhappy-player over the world.

I found out that unsettling players in FM 2012 is very HARD, and not always lead to the declining of their prices, even when you become his favor person. But these actions above keep you in track with the players you want. Because dropping prices in FM12 is very often. Sometimes when FM asks you to remove someone from your shortlist, just don't if this is the player you want. He may be cheaper in future in many ways: his performance is not good, he is unsettled and rejects the new deal, his club is in need of money, his club is under-archiving which makes him want to leave... So, make sure you are right there when the cost becomes lower.

In one of my save games, Tottenham needs money so my scout tells me that Bale is at 32 mil. I offer and Tottenham agrees with the move. But Bale demands a high wage of 220k and i cannot afford. I come again in the summer with the offer of 80 mil, and Tottenham thinks I'm a dreamer for that cheap offer, because they does not need money anymore. So you may think about buying at any time of the season, try monthly installment if you have not enough. Make sure the player can perform well to make money for you, make sure he deserves the debt he causes.

You even can buy the player with nothing left in the budget, but try not to interact with your board i think. They never sign the player with the cheap cost, and you must to work harder to keep your club's finance in balance.

You may want to take a look at the transfer list regularly and look for the most recommended players. Pato was in the list and my scout told me to prepare 18mil (I tried offering and the deal was successful but i cancel it because i don't need him, just try it to see the result). He disappeared from the list after a few day, when AC Milan comes back to win their games, and he enjoys to stay at club.

Sorry for my bad English though. Just my sharing about my bargains in my FM game. Hope that helps but if it does not so don't be so serious hehe.

Last edited:
Anyone has any idea? I really expect for feedback. This is my first post.