matimus54321

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering what I am doing wrong when it comes to buying the latest regens. Each year my scouts bring me young talent and when I go to bid for them the clubs (normally in south America) want at least 40+ mill for them.

What am I doing wrong? How do you all go about doing your transfer business!

Thanks in advance

that the AI's way of saying no. The community complained that everyone has a price, so SI changed the reply to the club replying with an OTT amount instead. Really means ****** off

If your scouts are bringing them to you, then look at the scout report? You'll see if a club doesn't want to sell. You'll also see if they would consider it, what the likely fee would be. From there it's easy to find a target.

And if you're a big club trying to buy from a smaller one, you can always play the longer game and unsettle the player.

Demanding huge fees (which will be over 100m if its a bigger European club) is just the same as the AI saying "No for sale", as wkdsoul says. The game used to say that but people complained, so SI changed it. The idea is "every player has their price".

WJ makes a great point - if its a player you really want, put in the work. Use the media to declare interest, try to unsettle the player, etc. Can end up getting them to request a transfer and land them for much less money.

EXAMPLE ----- If a player is worth £10m, bid that amount, If they then ask for £30m you know for a fact you will be able to get for exactly half of the difference.

In this case the difference between £10m and £30m = £20m.
Half this amount = £10m, add that to your original bid.

example - if you bid £18m for someone and they ask for £52m, You then see £34m is the difference, half it - £17m, add that to £18m and that's your amount you can get him for. Always works.

So if you bid for a random brazil 16y/o worth like 50k, they might ask for £10m + 40% of profit, make the offer, then cancel it so you can start without the 40% profit being non-negotiable, Add the perfect of profit, then Remove it from negotiation completely so they can't include it, then bid. They will probably ask for about £11m now, so your accepted offer will be £5.5m ........... :)

EXAMPLE ----- If a player is worth £10m, bid that amount, If they then ask for £30m you know for a fact you will be able to get for exactly half of the difference.

In this case the difference between £10m and £30m = £20m.
Half this amount = £10m, add that to your original bid.

example - if you bid £18m for someone and they ask for £52m, You then see £34m is the difference, half it - £17m, add that to £18m and that's your amount you can get him for. Always works.

So if you bid for a random brazil 16y/o worth like 50k, they might ask for £10m + 40% of profit, make the offer, then cancel it so you can start without the 40% profit being non-negotiable, Add the perfect of profit, then Remove it from negotiation completely so they can't include it, then bid. They will probably ask for about £11m now, so your accepted offer will be £5.5m ........... :)

This is great!! I have started to do this and works perfectly. Thank you so much!! Any tips on negotiating contracts?

This is great!! I have started to do this and works perfectly. Thank you so much!! Any tips on negotiating contracts?

I find it depends on the player, if they come to you asking for 300k, i'd probably go to 200k and make it semi negotiable (double click so it's orange).
Usually I find this makes them massively lower it, They'll probably come back asking for 240k or something, i'd then do the same, 200k again same thing, they'll come to maybe 220k, then maybe go to 210k chances are they'd accept.

Takes abit of practice because some players are a lot more realistic than others.

When re-negotiating contracts, if its a top player on like 250k, usually you can extend the deal and keep it at 250k, just keep making it semi negotiable and keep saying the same offer, they'll usually accept eventually.

have you tried sending in Sam Allardyce or Harry Redknapp to handle the negotiations