Buying up talented youth to sell

adc123

Reaction score
As a Valencia side heavily in debt I have been making small signings. I've got Fierro and sanogo for next season. Also have Romario the wing back. Yesterday I thought why don't I buy up as much young talent as possible as cheap as possible, play them most in my u19 side then or mestalla? (which would be better?). Wait for their values to go up abit and sell.? Does anyone do this?

That does help clear some debt, yes. Another way is to sell players on high wages, and replace them with cheaper, lower wage players.

Put them in your B team and their reputation will grow faster and so will their values.

i do that all the time, helped me get a 200 mil budget at dinamo in 2030 i usually let them play for my u19 till they can then loan them out for 1 or 2 years depending on the value and then sell them
you can mostly sell a youngster for 3 times his value so i usually wait till its around 2-4 mil so i can sell them for 6-12 mil

Depends on how good the regen is ... you might get some South African regens that already have the ability to play in top leagues, but in 9/10 cases just stick them into your B team for a few years ;)

That does help clear some debt
g.gif

You can do that or you can also wait and sign regens who hav been released. You find some gems.

In my shamrock Rovers save 5 yeaars in iv made £10M from player transfers. It may not sound like a lot but considering i usually have a turnover of about £2m a year it adds up. When signing regens just sign the ones on small waages as larger ones will be harder to make a profit on.

okay ive signed up a few good ones with small transfer fees or compensation fees. Left those that were asking for massive wages. Thanks for all the advice. I think the best i got was Felipe Anderson but I payed 4 million for him. I'll probably keep him for my first team but i know he does turn out pretty good in the end so may be able to sell him for around 15-20 in a few years.

You can do that or you can also wait and sign regens who hav been released. You find some gems.

In my shamrock Rovers save 5 yeaars in iv made £10M from player transfers. It may not sound like a lot but considering i usually have a turnover of about £2m a year it adds up. When signing regens just sign the ones on small waages as larger ones will be harder to make a profit on.

I've never been good at finding regens. Found one good one in all my years playing football manager. How do you go about it?

I've never been good at finding regens. Found one good one in all my years playing football manager. How do you go about it?

Go check countries U-19 teams and sometimes even U-21 if they are good enought to play there. It takes a lot of time find the best ones, but eventually you can see worthy players just by looking at their stats and dont need scout reports anymore.