Buying veterans just for tutoring

Tk1129

Reaction score
Hey guys.
With arsenal now in 2014-2015.

I have a great young DM/M who is technically impressive, as well as very good in the tackle.

I had fabregas tutor him, because I wanted him to have strong mental stats. The experience did not go well and he only manager to learn little.

However that gave me the idea to go into the free market and grab a veteran (Gatusso in this case) who has incredible mental stats, but is too old.

I got him just so he can tutor my youngsters, but every time i click on my youngsters Gattuso does is not one of the players that is available for tutoring. I have tried youngsters in every position, even though they already play in the same position. None of them have the option of being tutored by Gattuso.

He has only been with my club for 2 weeks

My question is does he need to be with the club longer, before he can tutor my youngsters?

Yeah its a good idea and they can provide some decent cover but I wouldn't spend too much money on them. I seem to find you get much much better results with players that have spend most of their career at the club and know the style of play you want to pass on.

Yes. Fair point DZ.
I got Gattuso on a free and I only pay him 5000 a week. Not bad. I find players that have great mental attributes and average overall attributes still perform very well.
I am of course talking about the hidden mental attributes like (Big matches, consistensy, Pressure, Professionalism). It's those i really want to pass on.

But it still doesn't answer my question of whether I will be able to get gattuso to tutor my youngster. In the options I can ask him to learn from Fabregas again, but gattuso isn't there even though hes with the club for 2 weeks now.

I'm wondering how long I will have to wait until he is able to learn from him.

yeah i do this i sometimes get becks to tutor some wingers. I dont know if they have to be at the club for a certain amount of times.

P.S. Dong_zhuo why copy my signiture. I got this made by someone.

Hmm strange. Is your player a natural def mid? Otherwise your staff might me like me and favour someone who represents the traditions of the club hehe. Or they might be stupid and not realise you bought him yet.

Yes. He is natural in both DM and MC. I even have the option of Arshavin tutoring him so the position should not be a worry.
Maybe its option number two.
Will report on this later, if someone does not come up with a definitive answer.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

I figured out what was going on, but I am not any less angry.

I clicked on another young CM on my team and he can learn from Gattuso, while the player i actually bought him for can't. They play the same position. I don't understand.

If that's stupid, I also brought in Mateusz Bak to tutor my young goalkeeper Amaral, who is almost as good as Adler already. Anyway he gained little from Adler and not when I click on his tutoring, I don't see Bak. I see Adler and Almunia, but no Bak. What the **** is going on.

Every time i get a player tutored, regardless if it worked well or not, you have to wait til next season to get tutored again i believe.

Hmm night be a glitch in the game. Weird. But i've never had any problems getting players already at the club to tutor their long term replacements. Must just be a glitch in the game when it comes to buying experienced players.

If they get along, I believe tutoring can go on almost a full season. I had Clichy tutoring a young home grown regen left back and they got along really well. He is now almost a carbon copy mentally of Clichy and younger.

But I was able to tutor others twice in one season.

Still don't know what happened with gattuso though. I believe it may be because my youngster's current ability is higher than gattuso's and i'm thinking he's refusing to be tutored by someone he perceives as lesser than him.