Reaction score
Started a save with Southampton 1st season patch 15.3.1. Really need help with signings as have no clue who to buy/sell.......
I have 10m but am about to sign Pavel Kaderabek for 4m (2m up front, 1.5 over 48 months and 500k after 50 games) So that will be deducted from my 10m.

This is my tactic I am using.

View attachment 292457

It's Chrissy Dude's Scotia-Final tweak on FOURTWOFOUR - Plug and Play thread.

Any help would be great and thanks in advance:)

which positions do u need? i'd say that i'd buy krejci from sparta prague for now and phone sisto leaving him in dan mark for this season. he will be good enough the 2nd season if u plan to sell tadic.
i'd play wanyama cb and ward prowse in the midfield...
if u're at the beginning of the first season with the new patch u can get marquinhos from psg for a ridicolous price.
these are mi first thoughts but it'd be better if u write what u need...

Easiest way to determine who you don't need. Do they fit into your tactic? Can they play the role you want them to play? If not, Sell them.

Same works with players, find the players with the stats you need in the positions you need. Then buy them.

For Example, Pelle doesn't really fit into a F9 as he's slow and can't dribble well. You'd want to look at signing someone like Lorenzo Insigne.

Why don't you make your own tactic to fit all players in, success is more rewarding with your own tactic.

Sergio Diaz is a decent striker with a great potential, available for quite cheap and can also play the F9 role well. Probably need some development before making the first team.

Also Pelle doesn't suit playing F9 so you could sell him and use the money to replace him with someone better suited to the F9 role such as Lacazette. Jese Rodriguez should also be available for loan who is a cheap option who can play both on the wing and as a striker.

yup, agree with mikes2k9 and [URL="http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/users/554139/"]LukeHebrert[/URL], I once or twice played Pelle as F9 and with bad pace and bad dribbling he was terrible because F9 has a set instruction to dribble more, basically you just want him to touch the ball twice at most before passing or shooting so a poacher or target man is more suitable for him, but it's your choice.

for transfer,

I see you already had a much needed cover in RB with Kaderabek, if you persist with that formation with 2 strikers you need 1 more striker for cover and rotation until Jay Rodriguez back from long injury, Sam Gallagher just not ready yet and Mayuka is not that good, you can buy young player like Dybala or Babacar (if you can get WP) or a bit older with more experience like Moussa Sow or Slimani

you can sell Davis if you want, in that midfield setup I can't see Davis doing pretty well because while he's good technically he's not that strong in midfield battle, same goes for Ward-prowse actually, your most prized asset but he's young and can be train to be more suited in that role