Cambridge United net Bentley

Joneesy

CHAMPI2NS
Reaction score
_51577907_108092338-1.jpg

Cambridge United have signed Gillingham midfielder Mark Bentley on a one-month loan deal.
The 33-year-old has featured 22 times for the Gills this term, scoring twice.
U's caretaker manager Jez George told the club website: "We're delighted to have a player of Mark's ability and experience for at least the next month.

"He became available last week, we watched him play at a behind-closed-doors game, and are grateful to Andy Hessenthaler for allowing him to join."
Bentley, who can also play in defence, broke a bone in his foot in October and has since struggled to break back into the Gillingham first team.

Gills manager Hessenthaler told BBC Radio Kent: "He's a top professional, he's been fantastic for this football club.
"He's been injured and come back and it's difficult for him to get in the side because the boys have been performing.
"He knows that, and he's at the age where he wants to play games. It will be beneficial for him and for us because he'll come back after a month and that will help us for the run-in."

Bentley started his career at Enfield before spells at Aldershot, Ebbsfleet and Dagenham & Redbridge.
He joined Southend in January in 2004 and made 108 appearances before switching to Gillingham in the summer of 2006, where he has scored 14 times in 191 games.

---

What.A.Signing!

Me and Ronan were discussing this on Xbox, we feel he'll be very beneficial to Cambridge's Team.

Your views?

I think its a bargain and will cause us to make a late push for the play offs.

Great signing, I reckon he could be a world beater.

Indeed, he could be very beneficial for both Cambridge and Gillingham as he could regain his fitness.