Camoranesi open to Birmingham move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Reaction score
Mauro Camoranesi's agent has revealed that Birmingham have made contact over a possible move for the Juventus midfielder.

The 2006 World Cup winner has been linked with a departure from Juventus after eight years with the Turin club.

His representative Sergio Fortunato has now declared that Birmingham are interested in bringing in the 33-year-old.

Alex McLeish is looking to build on the accomplishments of last season, when Bluesfinished in the top half of the Premier League.

A number of transfer targets have been identified and Fortunato says his client would be open to playing at St Andrews.

"There was an official contact with Birmingham. A Fifa agent gave me a letter from the English management," he told calciomercato.it.

"They made a proposal and I have discussed it with Juventus.

"Birmingham are a respectable team and the Premier League is a good league."

Hercules

Camoranesi has also been linked with Hercules, who are preparing for the new Primera Liga season in Spain after winning promotion last term.

Fortunato claims there has been no firm interest, while Camoranesi would not have been so keen on a move anyway

"With Hercules there has been never anything official, I've just heard these rumours," said the agent.

"With all due respect to the Spanish club, Mauro wants something more than a newly promoted team.

"Mauro wants to play football at a good level for a couple of years. Then, possibly we'll think about other solutions."

Personally I don't see this deal happening but apparently Birmingham have made an official approach so I guess if the wages are right for Camoranesi then you never know, how ever those wages might end up being.

Source - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6294378,00.html

Would be a excellent signing for them, a world class winger on his day. A little past his best, but would be as good as anyone on the flanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.