• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Newcastle United look set to pip rivals Sunderland to the signing of defender Sol Campbell on a free transfer.

More...

Why? We really don't need an old, slow defender.

We have Coloccini already.

It's a great signing, great back-up and Williamson is *****.

Don't think you really need him and no doubt he'll be one of your highest paid players too.. Decent signing but not really needed IMO.

decent signing I think, but I agree with Chris, you don't really need him :S

Williamson was pretty good last year.

MOM on his debut as well. He's good enough.

Not needed,he is old and although he can still play,he probably wont continue for more than a season and you wont be able to play him in 2 many games due to his fitness

he cud inspire them?? as he knows how to defend teach the lads more

He'll be alright but no doubt he'll be on a lot of wages, he was on 85k at Portsmouth at one point, which is why we're like we are now.

I don't think Newcastle will be quite as stupid as that, but he's probably got a high wage compared to the rest of their squad and isn't worth it imo.

Considering Taylor is out for the start of the season this is a great signing for them, shame we won't have him at the Emirates :( still it will force Wenger into signing a another centre back.

It's a great signing, great back-up and Williamson is *****.

Have you ever seen him play?!

He looked solid in the games he played last season.

We still need a striker.

Have you ever seen him play?!

He looked solid in the games he played last season.

We still need a striker.

I was at his first game he Won every ball that came to him in the air. He is gd back up.

Williamson is *****.
I'm sorry, but just no. Pompey were fools to sell him to Newcastle, he's a good player who does the job in defence, he would of easily been our best defender this season (then again there's not much to be better than atm), Newcastle have got a young English centre back who they should play so he can improve more and become a good premier league centre back. Don't think he'll ever be good enough for England, but you never know. He's just gotta keep improving for now, he's got all the attributes to be a good centre back in the Premier League, and he should be playing ahead of Campbell in most games.

really looking forward to seeing drogba making him look stupid like he has done on some occasions already. but proberly a decent signing for newcastle abit of expierence.

I don't really see the point in this signing. I suppose he'll be good to have until Taylor comes back in but i'd imagine he's probably on daft wages for a guy who won't be that interested in working hard. Newcastle should continue to focus on young talented players who are up and coming and have the desire to play. I think this Newcastle team look better than any in years (as a team, not individually). I can't wait to see them next year in the Prem. I think with a few quality signings they could do as well as Birmingham did last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back