Campbell set for Newcastle switch

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wealth of experience, didn't cost a penny. Good buy if you ask me, especially if he helps keep them up.

Wealth of experience, didn't cost a penny. Good buy if you ask me, especially if he helps keep them up.

Initially.

Wages will still be quite high despite age....and he's just about useless.

So all in all coming from a Middlesbrough fan, great buy for the geordies.

Last edited:
Taylor's injured for the start of the season, plus campbell has loads of experience, and can organise the defence.

Wouldnt mind ben arfa, he might be coming on loan, and Raul as well, you might think he's ancient but he's only 33, so he still has a couple of years yet.

Initially.

Wages will still be quite high despite age....and he's just about useless.

So all in all, great buy for the geordies.

I don't think he did much wrong for Arsenal at the latter part of last season.

I remember Collocini in the prem 2 years ago, he was ******* wank, so Campbell will be good as back-up, and he's got experience which is always good, plus when Taylor needs to go to Right-Back (if needed too) Campbell can slot into centerhalf next to afro man, so there's no harm done.

Don't think it's a bad signing, he put in some good performances for Arsenal last season. Could have done better though if you ask me. Ridiculous wages I assume.

I remember Collocini in the prem 2 years ago, he was ******* wank, so Campbell will be good as back-up, and he's got experience which is always good, plus when Taylor needs to go to Right-Back (if needed too) Campbell can slot into centerhalf next to afro man, so there's no harm done.

Just watching Coloccini made everyone **** themselves, the number of mistakes that he and Taylor made due to lack of communication was verging on the ridiculous.

I have never rated Colo and with the reported £80,000 wages he is on, we could sell him off for £5M+ and buy a much better, English centre back to partner Steven Taylor.

Why? We really don't need an old, slow defender.

We have Coloccini already.

Coloccini has good acceleration, just doesn't show it as often as he should, and cba to most of the time

He's not exactly looking to go out on a high, is he, old Sol....
Shows how much money means to him

I would laugh at newcastle for buying a **** defender, but sunderland just signed Titus Bramble :S

He's not exactly looking to go out on a high, is he, old Sol....
Shows how much money means to him

If we are quite honest here, Newcastle have the potential and are already better than a lot of teams in that league. I think a season in the Championship will have done us wonders.

Players are more determined and have the right attitude. They are more of a team and have been through a lot together, whether it is the heavy media and fan criticism or Mike Ashley's refusal to spend money.

They are a much better group of players for it. We have the backbone of a very committed team, dedicated to succeeding under Chris Hughton, a young manager with big potential.

Andy Carroll, Kevin Nolan, Steven Taylor, Steve Harper are players that a lot of clubs in the Premier League really lack and they have all shown an incredible amount of commitment to this club whether that was last season or this one so far.

Taking this account, be afraid, be very afraid. :O

Andy Carroll, Kevin Nolan, Steven Taylor, Steve Harper are players that a lot of clubs in the Premier League really lack

Well, yeah, thats because they are at Newcastle.

I was watching Premiership years when Newcastle got relegated, and the squad isn't that different, and Chris Hughton was in charge for a small part of that season and didn't do too well. So there team isn't too different, if anything, it's worse, so there going to have to sign good players, and imo, Sol Campbell is one of them, I honestly rate him, obviously he's nothing like he was 5 or so years ago, but he can do a job at a team who need to stay up.

But there's no doubt Newcastle need to strengthen, if they remain with the same team, I think they will go down.

Deal is done 1 year deal 30k a week with the option for another year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back