sammyt

Reaction score
after being inspired to start the san marino challenge, found here:http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/challenges-scenarios/85095-great-san-marino-challenge.html i decided to create the san marinese league. Before i go any further i need to say a massive thank you to Kandersson for helping me with the research for the file, if it wasn't for his help on this and inspiring me to take on the challenge then i never would have started making the league, let alone have it as accurate as i could make it.

This is the first of two builds of my San Marinese Championship that I plan to release. This is the more basic of the 2 and is as true to real life as I could make it using the editor without going into the advanced rules. Unfortunately this has meant I’ve had to make a few differences to what actually goes on in real life with the most obvious ones being that in the league you can only play teams in your group. This would mean a short season if that remained at only twice and I decided that I would rather substitute the games against the other group with an extra game against your group to keep the number of matches close to reality (where there are 21 and 20 games respectively, in mine there’s 21 and 18). The other major change is the fact that the playoffs don’t use the double knockout system that’s used in real life. I decided that the best way around this problem was to make all games over 2 legs so you still get the same amount of games and you can still qualify if you lose a game.

i'm now going to start work on v2 which will include a new fantasy cup, more strict squad rules and more strict match day rules aswell as a couple of other changes aimed at aiding the development of young players in the national league.

link to V1: San Marino V1.dbc
link to V2: http://www.mediafire.com/?h09412v7of5dhl1

screenshots in attachments are from V1.

Last edited:
thanks sammyt though I really didn't do much there ;)

I'm already too deep with my own SM challenge but I'd like to try the Sammarinese league in the future!

Looks Good mate, giving it a download now! What are the plans for the future? and are Re-Gens sammarinese?

yeah from the long term holiday test almost all regens in teh league were san marinese. admitedly i didn't test the second file for as long because it was based off the first but in teh first i found that the first team to make teh europa league group stage was in 2022 after dropping out of the champions league to copenhagen and teh squad wa about 75-25 split between san marinese players and italians with san marinese being the majority. in terms of the national team they seemed to stay ranked roughly the same although they beat liechtenstein home and away in qualification for the 2018 world cup to avoid finishing bottom of their group.

Downloaded :) Can't wait to use it in the next few days :)

EDIT: Which folder or whatever do I put this in again? :p

Downloaded :) Can't wait to use it in the next few days :)

EDIT: Which folder or whatever do I put this in again? :p

the editor data folder, found under the following path:

your user --> documents/my documents --> sports interactive --> football manager 2012 --> editor data

"Trofeo Federale" the loser wins more cash than the winner? What's up with that?

"Trofeo Federale" the loser wins more cash than the winner? What's up with that?

a) can't believe no one has picked up on that yet,
b) seing as prize money for every other competition type has the winner at the bottom i must have misread it at the time.

i've now fixed it and changed the link in the OP.

a) can't believe no one has picked up on that yet,
b) seing as prize money for every other competition type has the winner at the bottom i must have misread it at the time.

i've now fixed it and changed the link in the OP.

Haha, no problem. Maybe I shouldn't even had commented here. As the thread died a long time ago, oops. Oh well.
I will download it and give it a try later on, thanks mate!

Haha, no problem. Maybe I shouldn't even had commented here. As the thread died a long time ago, oops. Oh well.
I will download it and give it a try later on, thanks mate!

no worries mate, and if there is a problem that someone else spots with it then I'd prefer if they let me know so i can fix it, be it i've made an error like that or there's an issue that needs fixing due to it not being compatible with the latest patch.

Is version 2 still realistic to real life or is version 1 more realistic?

will this be available for fm13?

I plan on remaking this for fm13, although i'll probably wait a couple of weeks after the release date before i start work on it as i'll want to get a feel for the game and i'll also want to have a bit of a poke around the editor to see what's changed.

Is version 2 still realistic to real life or is version 1 more realistic?

the first build is as close to real life as i could get following all the rules i could find and is probably the more realistic of the 2.

the second build includes a new fantasy cup, which was intended as like a annual pre season cup between the CS league winners and san marino calcio however i got the date slightly wrong as i didn't realise how early the italian season started and this will be rectified for next years game. in terms of the other changes it's mainly squad registration and work permit rules that have been tightend up, from what i could find there was no mention of similar rules however i felt these changes would help keep the squad balance a little more realistic as tehy are mianly sammarinese with there being quite a few italians and the odd player of totally foreign nationality, i chose the settings used to try and reflect this later down the line whilst still giving teams the option of signing more foreigners as they progress.

So in summary the first build is as correct as i could make it from the information i could find and the second intoduces a "pre season" challenge match with prize money, and includes tighter restirctions on the clubs to try and keep things realistic but these changes aren't necessarily real rules just a way to try and keep things more realistic.

btw the work permit laws in teh second build can become frustrating for some but personally i'm now at the start of the 2022/2023 season and haven't found them too much of a problem.