Hireax

Reaction score
Can a Dream Become Reality? – Introduction

As a kid I was always out and about, always playing football, always trying to improve my technical skill. It did not help that I was born on a small Swedish island. That mainland city in the distance, there I hoped to get noticed. I have dreamt about being spotted in the streets, being given a chance. Needless to say, football was my life, is my life and is likely to always stay close to my heart.

At the age of 7 I joined a local team. Eager to show off to my parents that I could kick a ball. I think they were just happy for me to take on a sport, keep fit and make friends. I was more interested in showing off my capabilities. Obviously I never thought in those terms, capability, potential, technique, et cetera.

It wasn’t until I was about 16 I got noticed by some other local teams on the other end of the sea. We would play some regional tournaments in between seasons in Gothenburg and it was only then that Assyriska BK offered me to trial in their youth team. I was over the moon, sure it was no IFK Gothenburg, but at that point it was a way to kick start my dream to become a professional football player. It was an intense trial to say the least, but it paid off. I was now on a youth contract in Gothenburg.

As a youngster the years fly by and playing for the Assyriska BK youth team has certainly taught me more than I could ever learn back home. Living in Gothenburg gave me the opportunity to start university as well and I was being educated to become a physiotherapist. Unfortunately that’s when things took a turn for the worse. Life at university was great, let me get that out of the way, but by the time I turned twenty, Assyriska told me they saw no future in me for their first team. Obviously I was devastated, but I was also determined to stay on with the club that had offered me a unique opportunity. Luckily I was allowed to practice physiotherapy by means of an internship at Assyriska.

In the following years I secretly always hoped that another club would give me a chance. Even if it was on an amateur basis next to my work as a physiotherapist. I made sure to try and contact various local clubs to see if they were interested in offering me an opportunity. Every time it came back negative. I made sure to be close to the training pitch whenever the Assyriska boys were on and took notes on how the manager went about his business.

I’ve turned twenty five a few months ago, I have to face reality and see that life as a footballer is something that I was never cut out to do. Physiotherapy is still fun, but I want more. If I can’t be on that pitch I want to guide the guys on that pitch. This is why I’ve decided to make a 180 degree turn and take my notes and try it myself. Maybe I could still be of some importance to the game of football. I will try and persuade a club to take me on. I can show them my past experience in Sunday-league football and my experience off the pitch. With a little luck it could turn out to be something great!

Last edited:
Can a Dream Become Reality?

I am now on the lookout for a club. In all fairness it is a tough struggle. Obviously I have very limited football experience, moreover I do not have any licenses to help me get a job at a decent squad. However, I do have ambition and determination to do well. That should at least count for something. Having observed my former team manager and later colleague, remember I was a physiotherapist with Assyriska I learned whatever I could learn from conversations I had with the chap after work. We could actually get along quite well, so that’s been of great help. The profile I am using to try and get a job is the following:

aR2Zi65.png

All I can hope for now is that my applications will be taken seriously and that I am given the opportunity to test myself against some of my peers in an amateur division. Making a name for yourself isn’t easy, but hopefully I will be able to find a club that dares to do something refreshing. Maybe I can be the spark they need for success. Moreover, they might be the spark I need to kick-start my managerial career.

NbrwKAn.png

Currently the Swedish job market looks quite good. There’s a fair amount of jobs available, which means I can try my hand at getting involved in the Swedish 2nd​ Division. A league I did not make as a player. I have sent several applications. Some of which were to no avail, some of which I got invited to an interview. So far no club has been interested in me yet. Hopefully my fortunes will change soon.

Can a Dream Become Reality? - The Interview

PztqZie.png

Board of Directors: Welcome Per. We have reviewed your application and decided to give you a chance to talk to us. What can you tell us about your ambition to be a manager?

Me: First of all, thank you for giving me this opportunity. Being a manager is something I feel dedicated about. I have had some experience with being part of a football club as a part-time youngster at Assyriska. I’ve held a non-playing position with them as well as a physio intern and am looking to take my career further.

B o D: Fantastic, as you undoubtedly know, Trollhattan has had a difficult spell the last few years having been relegated twice. We look to turn our fortunes around and a new face might prove to do that. What can we expect from you at our club?

Me: With me at the helm you can expect me to try and rejuvenate the squad, whilst respecting the current staff. I aim to bounce straight back up and I think this club has the resources to do so.

B o D: That is interesting. We hope that rejuvenating the squad doesn’t cost us a lot of experience. Moreover the budget is limited, how do you propose to do this?

Me: Simple, we turn towards free agents that have good potential and can boost this club back to its former glory. The experienced players can teach them the ropes and we’ll build a solid squad that has potential for the years to come.

B o D: Last question. You are young and eager to start. Can we be certain that you stay with the club for several years, or do you foresee yourself leaving after one or two successes?

Me: I appreciate that concern, as long as there is growth in this squad I am happy to try and extract every last bit from them. Should a big club come along it would be foolish to turn them down. However, I feel investment should be a mutual thing. I’ll invest in the future of the club and hope the club will invest in me as well.

B. o. D: Thank you for your time. We’ll be in touch soon to let you know the outcome of our vacancy.

Me: Thank you for considering me and I look forward to hear about your final decision.