Can a young lad finally bring the World Cup home?

SamPeters

Reaction score
england_national_team.png

9k=

England have released a joint statement with Roy Hodgson regarding his future

Roy Hodgson: I have spoken to the FA after the 2014 World Cup and we have both agreed that it is time for me to move on, I would like to think the FA for this wonderful opportunity and I wish England the very best in the future.

FA: Today we have come to terms with the release of Roy Hodgson as the England Manager, we have decided to go a different way following the poor performance in the World Cup. We will be willing to accept all applications from well experienced managers to all of you fans at home that think you can do a good job.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Odds on the New England Manager according to Sky Bet

Gareth Southgate - 4/6 favorite
Stuart Pearce - 3/1
Gary Neville 6/1
Harry Redknapp - 10/1
Paul Clement - 16/1
Glenn Hoddle - 20/1
Steve Bruce - 25/1
Eddie Howe - 33/1
Paul Ince - 45/1
Alan Shearer - 50/1
David Beckham - 66/1
Chris Kamara - 88/1
Sam Peters - 100/1
----------------------------------------------------------------------

England FA announce Press Conference

Greg ****: Today we sit alongside Mr. Samuel Peters as the new manager of the England National Team.

Press: The country must think you are making us look like a laughing stock with this appointment don't you think?

Greg ****: No I do not, we interviewed a lot of candidates and Sam's vision on how he wants to take us forward was a delight at such a young age so we felt we could give him a chance.

Press: Sam, You sit here today as the manager of England, How does it feel knowing that you have the pressure of a whole nation on your back at such a young age?

Samuel Peters: I will not be fazed by this pressure at all, this is the sort of pressure I look for in life and I will prove to everyone here that despite by lack of managerial skills and age that I can lead us to a new era.

Press: So what will your philosophy be regarding the players you call up?

Samuel Peters: I will be scouting a lot of English players not just from the Premiership but in the Football League as well, The players I will be calling up will be on a performance basis not on how big of a name the player may be!

End of Press Conference
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be doing updates on a game by game basis but also will be doing a monthly review of how the English players are doing and who would be called up by that point from a performance level

Monthly Update

Notable English Players Transfers
phil-jones.jpg

Phil Jones - Manchester United to Tottenham Hotspur for £14.4 Million
ryan-shawcross226-1837066_231x264.jpg

Ryan Shawcross - Stoke City to Liverpool for £9.25 Million
bobby-zamora64-1812764_231x264.jpg

Bobby Zamora - Queens Park Rangers to West Ham United for £76K

Top Goalscorer
Austin%20QPR.371x280.jpg

Charlie Austin (Queens Park Rangers) - 5 Goals

Most Assists
profile-jesselingard129-2247067_231x264.jpg
1180.jpg
danny-rose.jpg

Jesse Lingard (Derby County - On Loan from Manchester United), Sam Byram (Leeds United) + Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur) - 2

Most Man of the Matches
1180.jpg

Sam Byram (Leeds United) - 4

Goalkeepers

Impressed
article-2242812-1641D720000005DC-566_306x423.jpg

John Ruddy
A nice composed month in the Championship for this goalkeeper and even though he dropped down a division after Norwich's relegation last season, he is a goalkeeper to keep an eye on for cover
Tom-heaton.jpg

Tom Heaton
A good first month in the Premiership for this goalkeeper and could be a vital part of the Burnley squad to try and keep them up this season
karl-darlow-201415-profile40-1927099_231x264.png

Karl Darlow
Another goalkeeper who has impressed me in the Championship this month while on loan at Nottingham Forest and being there for the season will help him keep my eye on him

Unimpressed
104231.jpg

Joe Hart
The media dubbed Number One goalkeeper did not impress me this month and even though as the best rated English goalkeeper he will still have to perform well to be in the squad
alex-mccarthy64-1958624_231x264.jpg

Alex McCarthy
Not a great first month for Alex at Queens Park Rangers but he could improve as the season goes on and could force his way into the squad

Defenders

Impressed
1180.jpg

Sam Byram
He has had an amazing first month of the season at Leeds United in the Championship and if he keeps up the way he is then he may force his way into my squad sooner rather than later
95588.jpg

Leighton Baines
He has had a good first month of the season and is one of the best Left Backs for England so its good to see him play well this month
aaron-cresswell-west-ham.jpg

Aaron Cresswell
Aaron has had a great first month at West Ham United and has really caught my eye this month

Unimpressed
250017926.jpg

Nathaniel Clyne
He has not had a great start to the season but it is only early on so he may improve over the season
59499.jpg

Glen Johnson
He has not had a great first month of the season which is bad for him especially as there already is young right backs looking to take the spots in the team

Midfielders

Impressed
Dele-Alli.jpg

Dele Alli
He has had a brilliant month down in League One this month, the Tottenham Hotspur loanee will really benefit from the season with MK Dons before he joins up with Tottenham Hotspur next season
2015-02-02_spo_6643451_I1.JPG

Jonjo Shelvey
He has had a good first month for Swansea, looked very composed and with the recent retirements of Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard, the center midfield places are up for grabs!
forshaw-head543-2257219_231x264.jpg

Adam Forshaw
He has had a great first month for Middlesbrough in the Championship and has caught by eye early on and if he keeps up with this then he will be in consideration soon

Unimpressed
250010260.jpg

Jordan Henderson
Not a great first month here for the Liverpool midfielder, someone who is tipped for the future will have to perform great this season to be considered
70120.jpg

James Milner
Not a good start this season for James, even though it is going to be tough for him, he will have to perform in the games he does play otherwise he will fall down the pecking order quickly
1907893.jpg

Jack Wilshere
Another season for this player and he will need to perform and stay injury free as well otherwise a player with a lot of potential may just end up another average player

Attackers

Impressed
250016833.jpg

Harry Kane
A great start to the season for the young lad at Tottenham Hotspur, if he continues to perform then he could be a very vital part to our future
Austin%20QPR.371x280.jpg

Charlie Austin
He has had a nice first month of the season at Queens Park Rangers and can push for future spots if he continues to shine!
danny-ings113-1820870_231x264.jpg

Danny Ings
He has had a good first month at Burnley and will be a vital part of their mission to stay up this season

Unimpressed
jermain-defoe-sunderland.jpg

Jermain Defoe
He has not had a great first month at Sunderland, he could still be a good addition to the national squad but only if he performs well
4103.png

Saido Berahino
He has not had a great first month at West Bromwich Albion and is only young but will need to perform well to be a part of my squad

Ratings

Best Overall Goalkeeper Rating: Tom Heaton (Burnley) - 4 games, Rating: 7.30
Best Overall Defender Rating: Sam Byram (Leeds United) 6 Games, Rating: 8.48
Best Overall Midfielder Rating: Dele Alli (MK Dons) - 7 Games, Rating: 7.56
Best Overall Striker Rating: Harry Kane - 5 Games, Rating: 7.76
----------------------------------------------------------

Top English 11 this month

Goalkeepers
John Ruddy - Norwich City

Defenders
Sam Byram - Leeds United
Martin Kelly - Crystal Palace
Phil Jones - Tottenham Hotspur
Leighton Baines - Everton

Midfielders
Dele Alli - MK Dons (On loan from Tottenham Hotspur)
Jonjo Shelvey - Swansea City
Ashley Young - Manchester United
Jake Livermore - Hull City

Strikers
Harry Kane - Tottenham Hotspur
Charlie Austin - Queens Park Rangers
---------------------------------------------------------------------

England announce Captain and Vice-Captain
1de9feaa75f77f272c0451a4be0a4145.jpg
phil-jones.jpg

Today England manager Samuel Peters announced that Manchester United's Wayne Rooney will be his captain with Tottenham Hotspur's Phil Jones being appointed Vice-Captain.

We have the England manager's comments on this decision

"I am delighted that Wayne has accepted the role as England captain, he is one of the best players for England and will be a vital part of our future alongside Phil Jones who I feel can be a vital part now and for the next 10-15 years

Really awesome idea. Glad you're going to be picking the players for your teams based on performances and not just their name. Good luck :)

England announce 23 man squad for the friendly against Saudi Arabia and the 2016 European Championship Qualifying match against San Marino

Today England Manager Samuel Peters announced his first England squad for the friendly against Saudi Arabia and the 2016 European Championship Qualifying match against San Marino

The 23 Man Squad

Goalkeepers
3366265.jpg
Tom-heaton.jpg
ruddy-editedii132-1793109_231x264.jpg

Fraser Forster + Tom Heaton + John Ruddy

Defenders
1063-kelly61-1926381_231x264.jpg
250064233.jpg
phil-jones.jpg
70298.jpg
Tomkins.jpg
95588.jpg
3_aaron_cresswell_face.png
kieran-trippier113-1820890_231x264.jpg

Martin Kelly + John Stones + Phil Jones + Phil Jagielka + James Tomkins + Leighton Baines + Aaron Cresswell + Kevin Trippier

Midfielders
jake-livermore-1415116-1820708_231x264.jpg
ashley-young.jpg
250024795.jpg
250021048.jpg
213977_ori_james_ward_prowse.jpg
Dele-Alli.jpg
Jacob-Murphy-300x213.jpg

Jake Livermore + Jonjo Shelvey + Ashley Young + Raheem Sterling + Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain + James Ward-Prowse + Dele Alli + Jacob Murphy

Strikers
1404__3717__15._sturridge.jpg
250016833.jpg
Austin%20QPR.371x280.jpg

Daniel Sturridge + Harry Kane + Danny Ings + Charlie Austin

Some notable misses from the squad are the likes of Joe Hart, Glen Johnson, Gary Cahill, Luke Shaw, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Jordan Henderson, Jack Wilshere etc...Could this be the start of the new look England? we caught up with the England Manager to ask.

"Like I stated in my first press conference, I have picked the players who have performed well over the last month, The next squad could very well be 23 completely different players!"

Last edited:
Good luck with this, I'll be following - it'll be a nice change of pace from the club manager stories.

Today we have Samuel Peters's first match in charge of England

Team News
Tom Heaton, Kevin Trippier, James Tomkins, Aaron Cresswell, James Ward-Prowse, Jacob Murphy, Danny Ings and Charlie Austin all make their debuts

Here is the line up for England today
fyo3gn.jpg

My Prediction
I am expecting us to win this match today, I have given a few players their debuts but I am confident

Result
8yw1us.jpg
View Raw Image">

Man of the Match

Danny Ings - 1 goal, 1 assist - Rating: 9.0

Match Report

The first half of the match was not the best of halfs but it was made easier right at the end of the first half when Danny Ings slotted home in the 43rd minute thanks to a nice pass by Ashley Young which sent England in 1-0 at Half Time

The Second half started with England making all 6 subs at half time, the subs where as John Ruddy, John Stones, Phil Jones, Jake Livermore, Raheem Sterling and Harry Kane came on for Tom Heaton, Kevin Trippier, Martin Kelly, Jonjo Shelvey, Jacob Murphy and Charlie Austin

The second half started off brightly with Harry Kane heading onto the post on the 52nd minute and then two minutes later John Stones took a thrown in and gave it to Livermore who hit a nice lobbed pass over to Ings who hits it square in the box to Sterling who slotted away to make it 2-0 to England.

As the second half goes on England just seem to be controlling the match which I am sure the England manager will be happy about and in the 72nd minute James Ward-Prowse put England 3-0 up after a nice pass by Ings to Sterling who found Ward-Prowse in a bit of space just inside the box and powered it in.
250024795.jpg

Danny Ings, Raheem Sterling and James Ward-Prowse all scored their first goal for England today

Here we have England Manager Samuel Peters's Press Conference

Press: Hi Sam, You must be delighted with how this match went today?

Samuel Peters: Yes I am, this could not have gone better for me today, I could not have asked more today.

Press: You gave debuts to 8 players today with also Jake Livermore making his debut from the bench today, did you think this would pay off going into the match?

Samuel Peters: I was delighted with every one of my players today including all the ones who made their debuts today, this is a great moment and this win is for the players.

- End of Press Conference -

EURO2016_490x260.jpg

Today we have Samuel Peters's first competitive game in charge of England as they take on San Marino in their first Qualifying group stage match for the 2016 European Championships

Team News
11 changes made by England today as some of the more notable names come into the starting line up with youngster Dele Alli making his England debut today, what a moment for the young lad!

Here is the line up for England
15yxfls.jpg

My Prediction
I fully expect us to win again here today, no disrespect to San Marino but this is one we should really be winning

Result
300wo05.jpg
View Raw Image">
Man of the Match
250016833.jpg

Harry Kane - 3 Goals, 0 Assists - Rating: 9.60

Match Report
The opening 5 minutes have been dominated by England with Dele Alli just hitting one over the bar but what an effort from the young lad then in the 15th Minute Sterling hit a great long ball to the opposite side of the pitch to Oxlade-Chamberlain who controls the ball well and passes it to Sturridge who finds Alli who hits a great pass to Baines who finds Sterling in the box who puts England 1-0 up! what a great team goal that was started and finished by Sterling who also has two goals in two games under the new England Manager.

Half way through the game and Alli gets the ball and gives it to Livermore who hits a great ball to the right to find Oxlade-Chamberlain who hits a first time cross into the box and Kane smashes it into the goal with a volley to hit his first goal for England and puts England 2-0 up! only a minute and a half has past and Kane puts England 3-0 up with a header! with his second goal in a matter of two matters after a great build up play which ended a great team play by England with Alli passing it to Sterling who finds Kane who passes it back to Alli who passes it to Livermore who once again finds Oxlade-Chamberlain who once again gets the assist for the goal.

The first half ended with England being 3-0 up with a very dominate and attacking display which has delighted the crowd at Wembley

The second half starts with England making a change with Danny Ings coming on for Daniel Sturridge.

Not a lot has happened in the second half apart from just a nice composed play by England who have had chances to increase their lead and as the hour mark comes up, England have a corner which is taken by Baines which lands to Oxlade-Chamberlain who heads it down to Livermore who puts England 4-0 up and now he has scored his first goal for England!

England are set to make a double substitution with James Ward-Prowse and Aaron Cresswell coming on for Dele Alli and Leighton Baines who both recieve standing applause as they leave the pitch

Just as we enter the last 15 minutes of the match that Danny Ings puts England 5-0 up San Marino striker Coppini but is tackled by Kane who finds Oxlade-Chamberlain who grabs another assist as he slots the ball to Ings for the goal.

With 7 minutes to go, Oxlade Chamberlain wins the thrown in that was taken by Sam Marino and hits a great cross into the box into Harry Kane who has netted his hat-trick and puts England 6-0 up.

And that is how it ended, what a display by England here today, a very dominate performance with a great hat-trick by Harry Kane and a great game also by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Table
2r6fzg5.jpg
View Raw Image">
250016833.jpg

Harry Kane scored a hat-trick for England today which where his first 3 goals for England and Jake Livermore also got his first goal for England!

Here is Samuel Peters's Press Conference

Press: Hi Sam, A great win here today, what are your feelings towards starting the group stages with a win?

Samuel Peters: This was an amazing win here today which was what was expected from us so I am happy we delivered.

Press: You must of enjoyed Harry Kane scoring a hat-trick today?

Samuel Peters: It was brilliant from Harry and I was delighted for him to pick up a Hat-trick today.

- End of Press Conference -

Good start mate! Nice to see some youth being given a chance.

England Round Up

Senior Squad
England Manager Samuel Peters picked up two wins out of two during the international games and gave an amazing 10 players their debuts over the two games and it paid off for him

Players that impressed me
250021048.jpg

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
He picked up an amazing 5 assists during the match against San Marino
250016833.jpg

Harry Kane
Although Kane did come off the bench against Saudi Arabia, he made his bigger impact in his full debut with an amazing Hat-Trick against San Marino

Danny Ings
Danny impressed me a lot with two goals over the two games, not a bad first two game by Danny!

Players that did not impress me

Daniel Sturridge
I expected more from the Liverpool striker but he was poor so he only lasted 45 Minutes
Austin%20QPR.371x280.jpg

Charlie Austin
Even though he only just made his debut, they need to be instant impacts if they want me to keep them in my mind going forward
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Under 21's
bilder_middlesbrough_middlesbroughmanager.jpg

Gareth Southgate Sacked

Gareth Southgate was sacked by the FA today after he failed to lead England to the Under 21's European Championships, his replacement will be announced once we have found the right candidate
simonireland-qprappointment-64064-2268633_613x460.jpg

We are delighted to announce that Queens Park Rangers Head of Youth Development and former Brighton Under 21's Manager Simon Ireland has been appointed the new England Under 21's manager
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Under 19's
Simon+Smith+vsNHsZHHM3om.jpg

Goalkeeping coach Simon Smith is taking charge of the Under 19's until we find the right guy for that job but he drew one game and lost the next so hopefully we can find a proper manager soon to take them over
Paul_Mariner_280x39_905150a.jpg

We are delighted to announce that Former Plymouth Argyle Coach and Toronto FC Manager Paul Mariner has been appointed the new England Under 19's manager

Monthly Update - September 2014

Top Goalscorer
Austin%20QPR.371x280.jpg
250016833.jpg

Charlie Austin (Queens Park Rangers) and Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur) - 7 Goals

Most Assists
ritchie-celeb-watford-4-334-2237835_478x359.jpg
Matt Ritchie (AFC Bournemouth) - 2

Most Man of the Matches
1180.jpg
Sam Byram (Leeds United) - 6

Goalkeepers

Impressed
104231.jpg
Joe Hart
A great month for Joe has brought him right back into contention for a place in the squad, proving why he should be one of the best goalkeepers for England
jason-steele195-1908467_231x264.jpg
Jason Steele
A good month for Jason at Blackburn Rovers has brought himself into the mix
karl-darlow-201415-profile40-1927099_231x264.png
Karl Darlow
Another good month for Karl will help him stay within my radar for a squad place

Unimpressed
3366265.jpg
Fraser Forster
Not the best of months here for Fraser and could find himself in danger of not making the next squad
alex-mccarthy64-1958624_231x264.jpg
Alex McCarthy
Another poor month for Alex has not helped him at all but he is only young so there are many years for the lad to stake a place

Defenders

Impressed
1180.jpg
Sam Byram
Another great month here for Sam has be built on his already impressive start to his season at Leeds United
250064233.jpg
John Stones
A nice month here from John has helped him stake a great claim for a spot in the squad
Aaron Cresswell
Another good month here for Aaron gives himself a strong case to make the squad for the upcoming fixtures

Unimpressed
250017926.jpg

Nathaniel Clyne
Another poor month here for Nathaniel is disappointing on a personal level as I feel he can become great
chris-smalling.jpg
Chris Smalling
He has not had a great month and will need to perform better if he wants to be a part of any future squad

Midfielders

Impressed
James Ward-Prowse
He has had a great month for Southampton and will help his claim of keeping his place in the squad for the upcoming fixtures
march-l229-1900302_478x359.jpg
Solly March
Solly has had a great month at Brighton and Hove Albion and has caught my eye for a place in the upcoming squad
250024795.jpg
Raheem Sterling
He has had a good month and proves why he is one of the most talked about youngsters in the world

Unimpressed
Jonjo Shelvey
Disappointing for Jonjo as he went from one that impressed me to not impressing me within a month, lets hope he can turn it back around
nathaniel-chalobah.jpg
Nathaniel Chalobah
Not a great month for the Young midfielder, will be needing to do a lot more if want to get into the first team

Attackers

Impressed
250016833.jpg
Harry Kane
Another good month here for Harry and could keep his place in the England squad
Austin%20QPR.371x280.jpg
Charlie Austin
He has also had a good month, could he also keep his place in the squad?
Danny Ings
He has also had a good month and along with the other two it could end up being the same strikers called up

Unimpressed
1044-campbell61-1926377_231x264.jpg
Fraizer Campbell
He has not had a good start to the season for Crystal Palace and will find himself a long way from the England squad if he does not improve
4103.png
Saido Berahino
Another poor month from Saido, disappointing for him as he has the talent and lets see if he can discover that talent

Ratings

Best Overall Goalkeeper Rating: Joe Hart (Manchester City) - 6 games, Rating: 7.30
Best Overall Defender Rating: Sam Byram (Leeds United) 10 Games, Rating: 8.44
Best Overall Midfielder Rating: Solly March (Brighton and Hove Albion) - 11 Games, Rating: 7.30
Best Overall Striker Rating: Harry Kane - 9 Games, Rating: 7.73
----------------------------------------------------------

Top English 11 this month

Goalkeepers
Joe Hart - Manchester City

Defenders
Sam Byram - Leeds United
John Stones - Everton
Aaron Cresswell - West Ham United

Midfielders
Solly March - Brighton and Hove Albion
James Ward-Prowse - Southampton
Raheem Sterling - Liverpool

Strikers
Harry Kane - Tottenham Hotspur

England manager Samuel Peters has announced his 23 man squad for the upcoming 2016 European Championship Qualifying matches against Slovenia and Switzerland

Goalkeepers
104231.jpg
Jonathan+Bond+PI2IuKznOunm.jpg
david-stockdale229-1809709_231x264.jpg

Joe Hart - Manchester City
Jonathan Bond - Watford
David Stockdale - Brighton and Hove Albion

Defenders
1180.jpg
95588.jpg
phil-jones.jpg
4-harry-maguire73-2369532_231x264.jpg
ryan-shawcross226-1837066_231x264.jpg
Steven+Caulker+kh6FVokPgjVm.jpg
250064233.jpg

Sam Byram - Leeds United
Aaron Cresswell - West Ham United
Leighton Baines - Everton
Harry Maguire - Hull City
Ryan Shawcross - Liverpool
John Stones - Everton

Midfielders
24FBD0A200000578-0-image-a-78_1422026531871.jpg
image.jpg
Wilfried+Zaha+7TqDLiCvVUvm.jpg
250021048.jpg
2Q==

James Ward-Prowse - Southampton
Dele Alli - MK Dons (On Loan from Tottenham Hotspur)
Solly March - Brighton and Hove Albion
Mark Noble - West Ham United
Wilfried Zaha - Crystal Palace
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Arsenal
Adam Lallana - Liverpool

Strikers
Austin%20QPR.371x280.jpg
2Q==
9k=

Rickie Lambert - Liverpool
Daniel Sturridge - Liverpool
Peter Crouch - Stoke City

Nice story, enjoyed it and glad to see Sam Byram there even if it is just a game :)

From my Leeds games knowledge, in the future Lewis Cook develops well if played for his club.

How has other Championship English talents performed like Cauley Woodrow, Will Hughes etc?

How has other Championship English talents performed like Cauley Woodrow, Will Hughes etc?
I am interested about Cauley Woodrow too.

He's been super-impressive in my Fulham save. Curious to see how he's performing in your save.

He's been super-impressive in my Fulham save. Curious to see how he's performing in your save.

I've began reading your story yesterday think I got upto the part where you sealed promotion to the PL, Woodrow did look impressive

I won't get into your story on this stories page as it might be considered disrespectful but I'm enjoying yours as much as I'm currently enjoying this one

Nice story, enjoyed it and glad to see Sam Byram there even if it is just a game :)

From my Leeds games knowledge, in the future Lewis Cook develops well if played for his club.

Haha I was thinking the same thing also. I have Will Hughes in my QPR game and he's going really well.

2 goals in 9 games with a rating of 6.51 for Woodrow
0 goals in 13 games with a rating of 6.68 for Hughes

any other players you want to know just name and ill answer

image.jpg
Leeds_Alex_Mowatt3_200.jpg

Team news
Mark Noble has had to drop out of the England squad due to a bruised shin and has been replaced by Leeds United's Alex Mowatt
1180.jpg

Sam Byram and Solly March both make their debuts for England
EURO2016_490x260.jpg

Today we have the first of two qualifying matches for England during this month and up first is Slovenia

And here is the Line up!
14vnqzq.jpg

(I had to retake this after the game as did not realise the original one messed up)

My Prediction
Will be a tough match away from home today but I feel we will have the quality to pick up the victory

Result
35kjtw0.jpg

Man of the Match
largestPeterCrouchStokeCity.jpg

Peter Crouch - 2 goals, 1 assist, Rating: 9.0

Match Report

The opening 15 minutes were not the best start to a football match but on the 18th minute England go 1-0 up thanks to a debut goal from Brighton and Hove Albion's Solly March which finished off a great team move that started from Ward-Prowse who found Livermore who sent a great ball down the right wing to Byram who then crosses into the box which met the head of March who put it in the net.

After 23 minutes England doubled their lead which was all down to Leighton Baines's brilliant run from pretty much his own box to whip in a great ball which finds Crouch who makes it 2-0!

Only 4 minutes later and it looks like this game is already over as England extend their lead by 3-0! Baines took the thrown in and found March who passed to Crouch who gave it back to March who found Baines who passed it to Crouch and he finds March in the box and gives it to him for March to slot in his second on his debut!

Only 1 minute has passed and it is now 4-0 to England! Bryam took a thrown in who found Sturridge who squared it to March who found Baines on his left and gives him the ball who whips it in to find Sturridge for his 1st of the match

The first half comes to a close and its Slovenia 0-4 England, What a first half for England and what a first 45 minutes in an England shirt for Solly March! the travelling England fans will be delighted with the first half

England make a couple of substitutions at half time which sees Harry Maguire and Alex Mowatt come on to make their debuts in place of Sam Byram and Jake Livermore.

The second half gets underway!

The first 15 minutes of the second half has been a lot more open than the first with Slovenia having more and more opportunities but just can not seem to find the net.

As we approach an hour of the game gone and England will make their final substitution with Wilfried Zaha coming on in place of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Slovenia pulled a goal back in the 62nd minute in bizarre fashion when Hart thought he could try his hand at being an outfield player but passed it straight to Krhin who gave it to Marcos Tavares who gets an open goal and scores from 45 yards out which is great but Hart should had done better...Slovenia 1-4 England

10 minutes later and Slovenia have pulled another back, some good work by Kampi who gave it to Bacinovic who smashed it past Hart to make it Slovenia 2-4 England!

Going into the last 15 minutes and Slovenia have now made this a very interesting final part of the game.

And Slovenia have made it even more interesting as in the 80th minute they have picked up a 3rd goal through Etien Velikonja thanks once again from a move started by Kampi who sent a long ball up to Marcos Tavares who found Velikonja in the box who slotted it in.....can Slovenia pull off a major comeback?

The answer.....No; Not even 20 seconds later and England get back a two goal advantage as the Kick off is taken, Crouch runs forward with the ball who is followed by Sturridge and Crouch sees that and gets it to him in the box who powers home his second of the match and to make it Slovenia 3-5 England

The match finishes with England beating Slovenia by 5-3

Table
23sjh9i.jpg

solomon-march229-1793916_231x264.jpg

Solly March had an amazing start to life with England as he bagged two goals on his debut, A player with a lot of potential and will be one I will keep a close eye on as he develops

EURO2016_490x260.jpg

Today England go up against Switzerland at Wembley

Team News

Daniel Sturridge had to pull out of the squad at the last second as he picked up a Twisted Knee as because of that, there was no time to call up a replacement

England's Line Up
1zdx64n.jpg

My Prediction
This will be a tough match today and would not surprise me if this is the first game we drop points

Result
2v7uzj6.jpg

Man of the Match
harry-maguire-1415116-1813755_231x264.jpg

Harry Maguire - 1 goal, 0 Assists, Rating: 8.7

Match Report

First 15 minutes into the game and there has not been many chances yet but England seem the better team at this moment and will be hoping they can pick up a goal in the first half.

That happened in the 22nd minute through a corner taken by Cresswell who found Maguire who heads it in for England's first and his first ever goal for England! England picked up the goal at the vital time as the game entered half way through the first half.

Half an hour has gone and England still lead 1-0 as they are now starting to settle into the game but they can not rest yet as it could all change in an instant.

The first half ends with England 1-0 up against Switzerland, It has not been the best of games but hopefully the second half will be an improvement.

The first 15 minutes of the second half have not been the most attacking of games but some good defending by England still sees them 1-0 up.

England have made all 3 substitutions with Alex Mowatt, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Peter Crouch coming on for Jake Livermore, Wilfried Zaha and Rickie Lambert.

As the last 15 minutes of the game are coming up, Switzerland are starting to put a little bit of pressure onto England.

With 1 minute to go of normal time and Switzerland have equalised! thanks to a fantastic strike by Granit Xhaka, the home crowd are stunned! England 1-1 Switzerland

The full time whistle goes and it ends in a draw with it finishing England 1-1 Switzerland

Table
2ilbja0.jpg

Harry Maguire picked up his first goal for England today with a great header and fully deserved his Man of the Match award, delighted for him but I do also hope he features a lot for Hull City this season to keep him in contention to play for England

England update

Senior Team
4 points picked up from a possible 6 in the two games for Samuel Peters's side this month which saw debuts given to 3 players this month, that makes an impressive 13 players who have got their first England caps now.

Players that impressed me
solomon-march229-1793916_231x264.jpg

Solly March
He made just the 1 appearance for England over the two games but what a performance it was which he scored 2 goals in that 1 game!
largestPeterCrouchStokeCity.jpg

Peter Crouch
Peter came into the squad as one of the more experienced heads in the side and picked up a goal and 2 assists during the two games

Harry Maguire
Very composed from Harry over the two games that he featured which included a Man of the Match award
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Under 21's
simonireland-qprappointment-64064-2268633_613x460.jpg

Only the one game for Simon Ireland to take charge and it finished as a 0-0 draw with Norway Under 21's
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Under 19's
Paul_Mariner_280x39_905150a.jpg

Paul Mariner lead the Under 19's to 3 wins out of 3 which included the Under 19's qualifying from the 1st Qualifying Group Stage for the 2015 Under 19's European Championship but will now be faced with the actual qualifying Group Stages now to see weather we will go to Europe with the Under 19's during the summer!