Can any slight concerns be removed if given first team football?

daisuke

Reaction score
Tielemans wanna ask to join Inter. Then I said it's just hypothetical until they bid. Inter actually bid, but I'm being too greedy and rejected them. His status says "unhappy that high asking prices prevent him for joining Inter" or something of the sorts.

Now no teams comes close to their offer except Man City (though it's £10M differences) but I really don't wanna sell to the team in EPL. I really regret this, I stupidly forgot that his contract runs out in a year, which means in 6 months other teams can approach to sign him for free unless I can remove his slight concern so that he is willing to negotiate for a new contract. Can it be solved if I give him first team football?

First of all you want to change his transfer price to 100m pounds so teams are reluctant to bid on him and give you headaches again.
Second of all, yes you want to play him first team as much as possible, and also win as much as possible.
Winning and playing time cure a lot of ills.

And as soon as his agent will talk to you, you want to offer him a raise, and a nice chunk of signing bonus, with lots of incentives, for example players tend to like - 10% salary raise per season, team of the year bonus, international cap bonus, etc.

Don't give him a minimum fee release clause unless it is ridiculously high such as 120m. Or just give him a Relegation release clause of 40m. You won't get relegated, right? :) Anyways avoid the release clauses unless you have to put one in.