Can anyone remember this? record goal scoring game

i remember this lol, no wonder Australia moved to the Asian section

i know, it wasnt really fair on the oceanian continental championship, now if they can get rid of New Zealand anyone could win

Are they just doing the same as Australia? I though the aussie's were beating NZ quite comfortably aswell

aye, the aussies were beating NZ easily but both of them are a class apart from the other teams, i think the rest of the continent has only a handfull of semi-pro players between them, im not sure but they might not even have one pro, all the rest amateur

How does a team get beat 31-0. I'm sure even most saturday/sunday league sides would put up a much better effort than that. It's just ridiculous that teams like that are allowed to compete in world cup qualifiers etc..

Gotta love Archie Thompson, pretty sure he failed when he came to europe briefly.

Havent seen Australia play in a few months but watched them play Iraq before in quals and it was a really enjoyable competitive match with Kewell playing good for once :O

everyone is due thier shot at world cup qualification, otherwise it would just be eliteism.
the FA cup is ran in the same way, anyone could theoretically win it. admittedly these teams are never going to win either respective cup in reality, but it is their chance of fame, a non-league player scoring against man utd, a cook islander scoring against new zealand, thats their idea of wining the world cup. if we didnt have qualification how would you be able to pick who was in the finals every 4 years?

They are due their shot but teams like that should undergo a pre-qualification league or something along those lines just to get rid of the extemely weak and pointless teams.

I have nothing against the way the FA Cup is ran as the non-league teams deserve to be there if they win their games.

Samao probably have more of a right than us tbh seeing as technically we are one country playing under 1 passport.

They are due their shot but teams like that should undergo a pre-qualification league or something along those lines just to get rid of the extemely weak and pointless teams.

I have nothing against the way the FA Cup is ran as the non-league teams deserve to be there if they win their games.

they do in the south sea islands, they have to go through a "preliminary qualification" during the south pacific games, and i think 3 teams qualify from that and are into the group stages of the OFC Nations Cup with the previous finalists. in a round robin group stage the top two go through to a 2 leg final

im not sure exactly how this world cup qualification works, but previous it is the finalists of the most recent OFC Nations Cup that also get into the world cup qualifier where they play each other twice and the winner plays the 3 place from asia.

has anyone ever tried managing a team in the OFC? i have and its well confusing, you never know what you've qualified for.

*edit* whoops im wrong, for the 08 tournament, the format altered again (thats almost every time!). The 07 South Pacific Games football tournament served as a qualification tournament, with the gold, silver and bronze winning nations progressing to the main, round-robin format, tournament, for which New Zealand qualified automatically as the highest seed. the winner New Zealand won the Cup and therefore qualifies for both the Confeds Cup and a World Cup play off against the 5th place Asian team.

working all this out is hard work.

Last edited: