Can chelsea succed a Ronaldo-less United

joep724

Reaction score
This is my first FM story so I thought id try and succeed with a team I haven’t used before, With Chelsea FC. In the first season I at least hope to win the EPL and reach the semi finals in the Champions league.
I have set my season expectations to win the league this giving me a transfer budget of £68 million and a wage budget of £2.2 million.

Chelsea chairman Roman Abramovich has welcomed Joe Pearce to Stamford Bridge, assuring me I have full backing of the clubs board.
Ray Wilkins has stated the current Chelsea team has a good strength in depth but we could do with another striker to strengthen are attack.

I hope to play a 4-3-2-1 formation with 2 wide men and 1 striker I believe my main concern is securing a right winger or a player than can compete in both wing positions until Joe Cole returns from injury.

Pre-Season

Chelsea 6-1 Chelsea reserves

Lampardx2, Terry, Drogba, Essien, magney OG-6
Tore-1
Lampard MOTM

AA gent 1-2 Chelsea
Smet
Decox2
Deco MOTM

Dundee 1-4 Chelsea
Griffiths
Essienx2, Drogba, Anelka
Essien-MOTM

Reading 1-4 Chelsea
Mcanuff
Lampard, Terry, Drogba Mcanuff OG

QPR 0-5 Chelsea
Lampardx2, Anelka, Drogba, Essien
Lampard-MOTM

I have now signed Jeremy Toulalan for £16.75 million and Edin Dzeko for 19.5 million, I have automatically asked Drogba to tutor Dzeko while Toulalan will rotate with Essien depending on opponents and injuries.
I tried and failed to sign David Villa and Franck Ribery due to them wanting £75 million at least for both of them, I also failed in the signing of Jesus Navas as he picked Man Utd’s contract instead.
I will continue to update with results and future signings :D

thanks
and valencia want 73 mil for him on my save may be its diffrent due to this being patch 10.1?

Top signing Dzeko!!! I have just finished my 1st season & won the league beating Liverpool in the last game of the season which was great!!! Dzeko top scorer and best striker according to the backroom staff
Check your finances as Abramovich taking 2.5m a month loan repayment and destroys the finances over the course of the season. I was £80m in debt by the end.