Can City really win the Champions League?

I think City will get through, but I think Bayern will win this season. Milan could also be a surprise contender for trophy if they manage to reinforce their team in january. ( LB and Creative Mid. )

Last 4: A.C Milan, Barcelona, Bayern and Utd.

I would agree, but Milan's formation is far too backward for European football. They can get away with their narrow diamond in Italy, where a chronic lack of width is commonplace, but in Europe if you play too narrow and don't protect your full backs against width-based teams like United, Bayern and Madrid you'll get ripped apart.

well they play a b team vs Real Sociedad, so in the champions league there play there first team there for barcelona should win the cl as there are ranked favorites to win

Also, don't forget United drew Benfica. I'm sure you still believe they could win... strikes me as strange how you can possibly write City off because they "only" drew against Napoli.

i was wondering when some was going to say this

You got me here point is a good result the thing is we was away dont forget but is a long way to go i was expecting a lot more from man city after all the hype they been givin i still think they will struggle but we see

Also, don't forget United drew Benfica. I'm sure you still believe they could win... strikes me as strange how you can possibly write City off because they "only" drew against Napoli.

Think they will have a tough time getting out the group, but if they do they stand a decent chance of winning

My Final Four (depending on the draw) would have to be; Barcelona and Manchester United then 2 of Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, AC Milan and Manchester City.

I don't think they will win it, not because they're not good enough but because as a team they're not used to the constant mid-week fixtures/travelling. They've got away games after every Champions League tie in the group stages this year which will have an effect too.

I think that it's too early for them, but they're certainly a threat and if they get the right draw they could certainly win it.

I would agree, but Milan's formation is far too backward for European football. They can get away with their narrow diamond in Italy, where a chronic lack of width is commonplace, but in Europe if you play too narrow and don't protect your full backs against width-based teams like United, Bayern and Madrid you'll get ripped apart.

Yes I agree. On right side we have Abate and Van Bommel / Gattuso covering for him, but leftback has been huge problem for some time. At the end of Barca game Allegri countered some of threat generated by Alves on right by swapping Cassano for Emanuelsson who gave some protection to slow and lazy Zambrotta. Our centrebacks and Abbiati can handle crosses pretty well, but quick counter attacks are a problem. Remember last years game against Spurs.

City will make at least the Quarter Final's imo but that's where it gets interesting. Plenty of teams looking strong e.g. Milan, Bayern, Real Madrid, Chelsea etc. in addition to the usual favorites like Man Utd and Barca. It should be much tougher for all the sides that make the QF's this season I think. But City do have a great squad and a lot of depth so you never know how far they will go, although winning it might seem like a bit of a long shot.

did anyone honestly expect City to trounce Napoli? Napoli are a very very good side and I could see them qualifying from that group. Well, all 4 teams can, but you get what I mean.

did anyone honestly expect City to trounce Napoli? Napoli are a very very good side and I could see them qualifying from that group. Well, all 4 teams can, but you get what I mean.

No, but i thought they could take a closer than it looked win. But Napoli are an excellent side. Very under-rated by english media it seems. City certainly have their work cut out

If I was a City fan, I'd be very content with getting out of the group. All of the teams are very good, and if they get a good draw they could go far, but I would settle for getting out the group the most.

If I was a City fan, I'd be very content with getting out of the group. All of the teams are very good, and if they get a good draw they could go far, but I would settle for getting out the group the most.

Pretty much. As long as the players don't try TOO hard, and can settle in and do what they do in the league and transfer that to the CL, they should be okay.

Pretty much. As long as the players don't try TOO hard, and can settle in and do what they do in the league and transfer that to the CL, they should be okay.

It is a horrible group, If it was United, i'd happy just to get out that group. I would also take a lot of confidence if we did finish top of that group too

It is a horrible group, If it was United, i'd happy just to get out that group. I would also take a lot of confidence if we did finish top of that group too

Exactly. It's pretty much a group of death for a reason, and I was one of the many people who could that Napoli had the ability to cause any team problems. In the CL groups, there's just so many tricky ties. The only team I can see winning it is Barcelona, just with their ability to rip an opponent to shreds. But on the flipside, if they lost a couple of key players, that could change.